Pages:
Author

Topic: [Discussion] Quo vadis, XCN? - page 2. (Read 907 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 113
August 29, 2017, 05:48:23 PM
1. Mini blockchain eliminates ever-growing need for blockchain storage.
True.

2. ZCash privacy enables use of coin like real cash money, with all privacy intact.
wtf???

3. Proof-of-stake eliminates wasting computing power for mining and enables everyone to take part in the network without any (hardware) investment.
No no no, it only enables big holders to take control.

MY COIN would be xcn with miniblockchain + xmr with privacy + dcr type pos.

So light that every "thing" in the internet could run a node. So light that every mobile device could be a node too. Something where everyone can vote. Something that will rule the world of cryptos.

Words I don't like: Masternode, corporate, trusted setup, POS, asic, china, sha256

August 29, 2017, 05:47:21 PM
i'm in, with a little reserve for number 3.
What would be your reservation against POS? Don't you agree that we need to get past wasting computing power for mining?
I'd be interested to hear about any alternatives.
August 29, 2017, 05:45:42 PM
It's a proof that the concept was right, back in 2014.

Absolutely agree!
Would anybody be interested in discussing the future development possibilities of XCN somewhere in a separate thread?
I personally would label it "My dream coin" and I would like to see some of the best features out there joined up in a single coin. Those would be:
- Mini blockchain
- ZCash privacy
- POS instead of mining

Those three features thrown into a single coin don't exist yet and I think that combination would be the ultimate coin that is actually usable as a real-world money replacement. Reason:
1. Mini blockchain eliminates ever-growing need for blockchain storage.
2. ZCash privacy enables use of coin like real cash money, with all privacy intact.
3. Proof-of-stake eliminates wasting computing power for mining and enables everyone to take part in the network without any (hardware) investment.

Who'd be interested?

i'm in, with a little reserve for number 3.
Pages:
Jump to: