Pages:
Author

Topic: [DISCUSS]Luke-Jr is standing for election to the board of the Bitcoin Foundation - page 3. (Read 4598 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I'm particularly against agendas of this sort which focus on promoting tax evasion, anarchy, or other anti-government activities.
I'm against pro-government activities particularly starting wars, drug prohibition, counterfeiting and other violent acts against otherwise peaceful people.  Guess we are diametrically opposed.
Surely you can oppose those things without trying to force it on everyone using Bitcoin?

No one's forcing you to use Bitcoin you halfwit, it's purely optional, however we're all being forced to use the current paper money system, if you don't pay into the system you'd go to jail and it's no good telling us to leave because the planet is too small and we haven't mastered space flight yet. What particularly pisses me off is the way the 'Bitcoin' foundation has tried to hijack this currency instead of just making their own one and establishing their own rules about the currency, that would be a better use of everyone's time.

People like you try to preach about not forcing things on others but when it comes to your own beliefs your more than happy to use the very same methods while completely ignoring the fact that you're doing it. Get rid of the 'with us or against us' attitude and maybe people might be feeling more diplomatic with your sort of ideology, this is also a brilliant example of why everyone hates America currently, even other Americans.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
I'm particularly against agendas of this sort which focus on promoting tax evasion, anarchy, or other anti-government activities.
I'm against pro-government activities particularly starting wars, drug prohibition, counterfeiting and other violent acts against otherwise peaceful people.  Guess we are diametrically opposed.
Surely you can oppose those things without trying to force it on everyone using Bitcoin?

If you like what he's contributed to Bitcoin so far and agree with his vision for Bitcoin "as a legal and widely utilized, decentralized replacement for fiat currencies",

Being for government, but against the things I describe is like being for the mafia but against all those things the mafia is generally associated with.

You can't change the nature of govt any more than you could go into the mafia and change it's nature.  Government is just a label.  It was established as the protection racket and that's the way it's always operated.   

Your point about bitcoin being seperate from this is only valid if you don't see it as a replacement for fiat currencies.  If you do, then there is inevitably the political side to think of.   

vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271
Platform Questions:

Are you for or against BTC Social Security?

Do you support BTC Stamps for those without the means to feed themselves?

Are you for a strong defense?

Immigration stance on repatriation of coins?

And, of course, BIP16 or Bust?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Activity: 364
Merit: 253

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I know I'm hardly an influential person because I don't like messing with this kind of thing much but I'll throw my opinion in anyway and say fuck the Bitcoin foundation, I guarantee you it's just a wannabe Federal Reserve where even the way they elect their leaders is done the same and the leader is essentially a scapegoat and punchbag for several years until eventually they get replaced and some other sucker takes up the position.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Here's my deleted posts:

Oh boy, here we go with the post deleting.  This will surely help Luke's image.

I could've sworn Luke was the hardcore catholic fellow...

Needless to say, if I cared either way for Luke getting into this social club, I wouldn't be in favor of him Tongue  And even before that,

"I don't like these agendas.  I only like my own agenda," isn't a very convincing argument, unless the social club he's trying to get into shares his views, in which case, go for it.

But what is Luke-JR's stand on important issues?  Is he pro-choice in beer?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Here's my deleted posts:

Oh boy, here we go with the post deleting.  This will surely help Luke's image.

I could've sworn Luke was the hardcore catholic fellow...

Needless to say, if I cared either way for Luke getting into this social club, I wouldn't be in favor of him Tongue  And even before that,

"I don't like these agendas.  I only like my own agenda," isn't a very convincing argument, unless the social club he's trying to get into shares his views, in which case, go for it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Love the Bitcoin.
I call for separation between Church and State.  Lips sealed
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
Pages:
Jump to: