Pages:
Author

Topic: Division of Powers - page 2. (Read 597 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
May 15, 2019, 07:08:39 AM
I know that I don't have all the details and will add and polish as time and information becomes available, but thought I'd start with what I think I know. There have been some changes recently in what powers/authority have been granted to Global Moderators and Contractors. It might be nice to get a clear picture of what how things are functioning at this time.

Admin:
- God-like abilities within the forum. Can modify/remove any and all data or information within the forum, this includes all abilities listed below.
- Handle payments and operation of Forum Staff, and service providers
- Plan for and sustain operations of the forum

Global Moderators:
- Can apply moderation to any board
- Can Ban users
- Can receive and respond to reported PM's
- Now have the ability to apply a Signature Ban as opposed to a standard account ban

Moderators:
- Can apply moderation to the boards they are assigned
- Have the ability to Nuke some newbie accounts.
- Need to request Bans, Global mods or Admins have the final say.

Cryptios:
-Main purpose is to investigate and accomplish account recoveries.
-They also have the ability to Lock accounts, if they believe it to be compromised.
-I believe they also have the same abilities as Patrollers.

Patrollers:
- Ability to moderate Newbies across all boards.
- Can nuke some newbie accounts.

Stipulations for Mods to have the ability to nuke a Newbie account -
Regular mods can ban Newbies if they haven't been whitelisted by another mod, don't have Copper membership (IIRC), and have less than 150 posts or less than 30 posts if they have earned at least 1 merit.

Perhaps this is as good a place as any to also remind users that staff/mods are ALSO regular users.  We have opinions and ideas the same as other regular users, some are good ideas and opinions and some not so good. Some of us can be a little cunty some are nice all the time.  Most of us have different levels of participation and knowledge about the forum and blockchain tech.

IOW staff are not automatically experts in anything  Cool

And I would add that we are not Bitcoin's customer service. ~snip~

It's the hilarious how some people think there's a customer service for everything and go from "please sir, i'll do anything" to "i'll find you and..." when they don't get what they want.
Pages:
Jump to: