Pages:
Author

Topic: [DIY] auto-hard-reset mining rigs with Raspberry Pi - page 6. (Read 8492 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 266
EthMonitoring.com
RPI will do good with it yes, i have been coding for home automation stuff for years. It's pretty easy to make a cloud based solution for relay checks and management/monitoring from phone/web.

Mby i but together some cloud monitoring/handling for this kind of software?
Activity: 50
Merit: 3
Searchin` perfection!
i have made an auto resetter out of an esp8266, has a wifi chip and only needs 3 wires coming from the motherboard, one to 5v,gnd and the power switch. It checks to see if there is a ping to the mining rig, if not then sends a signal to the power pin. Cost is around £3 ($5)
If you have 1 machine is a good option, like arduino. But for 20 machines you will need to buy a lot of them. I have worked with esp8266 but it's just a micro controller. I will use them (arduinos & esp8266) for some of the devices (vents & etc) but I prefer to use the RPi like the computer-brain which controls all devices and micro-controllers.

you might want to check out openhab for such things, or just implement them yourself Tongue

Thank you. I'm familiar with OpenHAB, Home-automation.io & etc but probably I will do it by myself. I recently started learning a new language - Go, so it's a good project for practice Smiley
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
i have made an auto resetter out of an esp8266, has a wifi chip and only needs 3 wires coming from the motherboard, one to 5v,gnd and the power switch. It checks to see if there is a ping to the mining rig, if not then sends a signal to the power pin. Cost is around £3 ($5)

hi
could you share your work please? (schematic and code)

thanks!
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Next month when I have little more time, I will do the monitoring of the environment (temp, humidity, smoke detector & etc.). If temp is hotter , turn on the vents and so on. Also I will build a basic webpage for configuration and statistics.

you might want to check out openhab for such things, or just implement them yourself Tongue
Searchin` perfection!
your link didn't work, but this one does: https://github.com/Kasmetski/auto-hard-reset
I fixed it. Thank you.

There is no problem to reuse the code.

I'm building mining farm monitoring too and this is just the first part.
Next month when I have little more time, I will do the monitoring of the environment (temp, humidity, smoke detector & etc.). If temp is hotter , turn on the vents and so on. Also I will build a basic webpage for configuration and statistics.

Of course I think to add another functionality to check miners from the miners statistics.
FIrst check ping, second check the hashrate of the machines. If the miner is stuck, hard-reset again.,

but Mine can't be dependent on an internet connection for auto-rebooting rigs, because there are unique conditions that add hiccups in my ability to remotely send reboot commands.

I don't understand why the internet connection is problem. My code is pinging the machines in the local network, so even without working internet it will show that machines are working, because they are on the local network.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Thanks for sharing!

Ill probably borrow a few code snippets to save me the stress when I start my Pi project.... if that's fine by you.  99% of what I do stays open source FYI.

I originally planned on making a generator monitoring system for my remote mining operations.  When power goes out, it will turn on a generator, swap over the power to the miners and boot everything back up;  then once power is found on the mains again, it will kill the generator and switch over...

The secondary function was going to be a "rig resetter" of sorts...

but Mine can't be dependent on an internet connection for auto-rebooting rigs, because there are unique conditions that add hiccups in my ability to remotely send reboot commands.

My secondary project was a open-source rig monitor/reset-er.  The functionality should be very easy, and all I would need to do is make the webpage on the PI to interface with the system scripts I have in mind.

Good work!
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Hello.

I want to share with you a simple program to automatically hard-reset your machines if they got stuck.

I'm using Raspberry Pi with 5V relay but you can use any other mini-computer as well (Beaglebone Black, Orange Pi & etc.). I will add better instructions with pictures soon.

Logic is: Ping machines every 33 minutes. If there is no response - Hard-reset.

There is no config file and you should edit the "main.go" file with the info about your machines (name, ip, GPIO pin, info).
Soon I will add web interface for statistics and easier configuration of the machines and binary files.

Additional information and basic instructions are available on github
Link: https://github.com/Kasmetski/auto-hard-resetHello.

Thanks! I'm actually building a very similar thing as an add on for my rig manager so I can do it all from one place, got some good ideas by seeing how you've implemented it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
your link didn't work, but this one does: https://github.com/Kasmetski/auto-hard-reset
Searchin` perfection!
Hello.

I want to share with you a simple program to automatically hard-reset your machines if they got stuck.

I'm using Raspberry Pi with 5V relay but you can use any other mini-computer as well (Beaglebone Black, Orange Pi & etc.). I will add better instructions with pictures soon.

Logic is: Ping machines every 33 minutes. If there is no response - Hard-reset.

Just download the binary file and edit the config.json

Soon I will add web interface for statistics

Additional information and basic instructions are available on github
Link: https://github.com/Kasmetski/auto-hard-reset
Pages:
Jump to: