Pages:
Author

Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI - page 2. (Read 99399 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Wow, I remember when I first heard about FPGA and the promises to ROI in about 1 or 2 months  Grin
It's interesting to see what happened
It's always the same thing with Asics, the manufacturer build some hardware to mine, they mine for months in secret, and then sell to people when the machine is not so efficient

The most interesting fact is most people supported this and keep buying Asics and FPGAs

Yes, it turned out slightly differently than many people expected, didn't it.
My BCU is churning $2/day. And it's on the higher end of what it's ever done, to be perfectly honest.

I don't intend to upgrade it to an FK. Thrown enough money away as it stands. Let's see how long we can ride it out with that BCU.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
But sell your shit the patient people who are buying these things super cheap will win out in the end.

We are a long long way from 'super cheap' atm.
Activity: 69
Merit: 1

Acorns are now pure doorstoppers, there are no such thing as GPU assist.
And guess what? Surprise! SQRL launching a new board, advertising it as a beast hardware for x16r.
It seems that BCU1525 owners have to forget about any new bitstream releases for their equipment, especially for x16r algorithm. SQRL just want you guys to buy their new fancy boards.

I want to repeat: mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.
Currently crytpomining is a zero-sum game, where miners will always lose, doesn't matter what kind of specialized hardware you are using : ASICs, FPGA.
bcu1525, Acorn owners are screwed, there are no chance that they'll be able to payback investments even within 2-3 years period

So much fud, where to start

acorns have a stand-alone miner while gpu assist is tied up with the Mineority ip claim after they exit scammed and fucked over sqrl.

The FK is not being advertised as a “beast” for x16r. It’s a low power hbm board that can theoretically do all gpu algos. The BCU/CVP will achieve much much higher speeds in x16r.

I roied my f1s a month ago, not all mining is a zero sum game.

But sell your shit the patient people who are buying these things super cheap will win out in the end.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Shouldn't there be non-crypto miners that are interested in the bcu1525s?  Am I missing something?
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
So what do we have 6 months after the majority of customers have received their bcu1525 fpga boards? Mining income is about 2 usd per day bunch of folks are trying to sell this equipment on secondhand market even at $2000 ($3250-3600 initial sale price).
And guess what? Surprise! SQRL launching a new board, advertising it as a beast hardware for x16r.
It seems that BCU1525 owners have to forget about any new bitstream releases for their equipment, especially for x16r algorithm. SQRL just want you guys to buy their new fancy boards.

I want to repeat: mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.
Currently crytpomining is a zero-sum game, where miners will always lose, doesn't matter what kind of specialized hardware you are using : ASICs, FPGA.
bcu1525, Acorn owners are screwed, there are no chance that they'll be able to payback investments even within 2-3 years period

Wow, I remember when I first heard about FPGA and the promises to ROI in about 1 or 2 months  Grin
It's interesting to see what happened
It's always the same thing with Asics, the manufacturer build some hardware to mine, they mine for months in secret, and then sell to people when the machine is not so efficient

The most interesting fact is most people supported this and keep buying Asics and FPGAs

Activity: 238
Merit: 3
what a shame for sqrl, if they dont asist gpu mining.
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
So what do we have 6 months after the majority of customers have received their bcu1525 fpga boards? Mining income is about 2 usd per day bunch of folks are trying to sell this equipment on secondhand market even at $2000 ($3250-3600 initial sale price).

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
RAISE your hand if you have ROI'd.

this thread is over a year old now.

want a good laugh?

Just read it from the first page again.

DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI

~LOL~

At this price, maybe you can.
I have BCU1525's with passive heatsinks, no I don't have black boxes.
new for 2300USD (fresh untouched PCIe teeth grinning right back at ya)
and used for 2000USD (with free minimal dust and tested like bitmain)

come get em, life is short and we don't got a lot of time. Please don't waste mine xo

PM / Telegram / Discord

@devorion
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures

want a good laugh?

DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI

~LOL~

Activity: 5
@whitefire990 A large ASIC/FPGA producer is looking for a DEV who can code bitstreams for an upcoming project.
Let me know if you would be available and are interested.

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

want a good laugh?

Activity: 557
Merit: 5
Still no raven Bitstream Sad
I have my QSFP ready
Activity: 1
water cooled CVP-13 for sale, Original box, packaging and USB cable. Sadly i have not enough time to operate my boards.

* $5200 for my friends in USA - not including Postage. VAT AND TAX PAID.
* €5,000  for my friends in the eu -  not including Postage. VAT AND TAX PAID.
* 1 of the boards is brand new and the other 5 have been mined on for about 48 hours total before work took over and I had to turn it off.
* So basically ALL brand new!
*Using Dream Escrow.

UK & EU Customers SAVE 1,170.20 euros per CVP  Just in VAT! + the $400 off RRP

If interested please Email - [email protected]
Or get me on the Discord server under Ish.

Thanks.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
As I understood from Discord FPGA channel, the current daily profit for each BCU-1525 do not exceed $2 (if use a bitstreams accessible to the public)? Is there any way to raise daily income?

Thats a long road to ROI, I blame Monero.

Pretty sure you can make $20/day on average power with a 1525 (with power mod, good cooling, and Zetheron bitstreams).

no one is making 20$ a day currently
As a matter of fact, you'd be struggling even making $2 a day with a BCU 1525 on the shell currently... which sucks, honestly, considering a 2080 Ti (which costs 25% of a BCU) makes pretty much the same... at lower power draw.
Activity: 512
Merit: 260
Wow this topic is slowed down.
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
As I understood from Discord FPGA channel, the current daily profit for each BCU-1525 do not exceed $2 (if use a bitstreams accessible to the public)? Is there any way to raise daily income?

Pretty sure you can make $20/day on average power with a 1525 (with power mod, good cooling, and Zetheron bitstreams).

no one is making 20$ a day currently
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

We all burn with impatience to learn how to do this "power mod".
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

:proof:?
Activity: 86
Merit: 16

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

There are >$5/day bitstreams that are due to be released soon. Based on what I'm seeing with current market conditions -- IMO, there's reason why we shouldn't be able to get every BCU above $5/day. I'm hopeful that we'll average out across all the bitstreams at closer to $7/day.

Are you referring to generally available bitstreams for users running their own BCUs only or will these figures you're teasing us with be available for hosted cards just as well? The limitation to get bitstreams quicker for us hosted folks has always been the shell...

PS: I imagine the next more profitable bitstreams will be the x16 family...

We released a Veriblock bitstream today that should yield $6/day presently and a better performing update for the bitstream is expected soon. We have more bitstreams we're working on releasing that are >$5/day.

Pages:
Jump to: