Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 284. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Designs for DCEBrief and DNotesCoin social media from BTCWise. Please feel free to comment and make suggestions. Greatly appreciated BTCWise!

https://twitter.com/DCEBrief

https://www.facebook.com/DCEBrief/

https://twitter.com/DNotesCoin

https://www.facebook.com/Dnotescoin-777105165651768/

Great job BTCWise!

I really like the looks of the DCEBrief header. As much as I like the design for DNotesCoin, I was wondering if it shouldn't be a simpler, instant DNotes brand recognition type of header for social media? Just my thoughts.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Designs for DCEBrief and DNotesCoin social media from BTCWise. Please feel free to comment and make suggestions. Greatly appreciated BTCWise!

https://twitter.com/DCEBrief

https://www.facebook.com/DCEBrief/

https://twitter.com/DNotesCoin

https://www.facebook.com/Dnotescoin-777105165651768/
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
That's really interesting research there Tim.

I wonder if there is any data available surrounding internet accessibility differentials over the same time period? People are definitely taking a positive view to a much wider range of cryptos than just Bitcoin now.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

Will Bitcoin Become the 'Sound of Hoofbeats' in the Digital Age?

I just had a look at Google Trends to see how the term 'cryptocurrency' was competing with 'bitcoin'. Not well, but rising swiftly. But then I noticed the map of where the searches were originating from. I also noticed that you could define the date range for the data the maps are based on. So I created two maps, one from a period 2013-2014, and another from 2016-2017.

What immediately stands out is the sudden growth of interest in Ghana and Nigeria. I know that bitcoin is still gaining ground in public consciousness. So this rise in interest could be as a result of news stories raising awareness in the region. But eventually, when public awareness has stabilised, a shift in interest like this could be the best indicator of public concern over local currency or political stability.

Even as awareness is rising, I am still concerned that there might be either a loss of faith in these countries' local currencies or a rise in political tensions. 
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
We need to do better in educating others with the best intention because we believe that we are at the beginning of a technology revolution that can benefit a lot of people.
Alan, you so often speak my thoughts for me. And I completely agree that education is the solution. I tend to think education is the solution to almost all problems. That is probably because I think the vast majority of people are good, and want the best for others as well as themselves. And I see most problems in the world coming from bad decisions, rather than bad intentions. For me the best solution to avoid bad decisions is learning how to think, and having all the relevant information. Hence, education is the foundation of all long term solutions.

After education has done its work, of course I see systems as the ultimate structure to build on the foundation of education. That way, we don't have to think through the same problems over again, and we can experiment and tweak our decisions in a framework that yields meaningful and repeatable results. I am glad DNotes Global Inc. puts such effort into education and is sharing knowledge through the Four Pillars to Business Success program. I respect people for their intentions, but I admire them for their results. You're definitely moving quickly in the right direction.

Tim, I am glad that we share the same mindset regarding the importance of education. Majority of the people are great at making wise decision if they are knowledgeable on the subject with correct unbiased information. Unfortunately, we have been getting a lot of “opinion” from influential people who are misinformed or ignorant on digital currency and blockchain technology. Few truly understand the positive world-changing implications this technology revolution can contribute across a broad spectrum of the global population. We should not fear it but learn to embrace it with reasonable consumer protection. Go after the bad actors and let the innovation thrives.

We are not just sharing our knowledge but also leading by showing (example) – doing the right thing at the right time the right way. We are very dedicated to our missions and plan to be doing a lot more in the coming year.

Efficiency and consistency are important in business as well as in personal endeavors. This may sound complex but the ability to develop a structured system with repeatable result is valuable. There is always room for improvement when one is committed to be the best in class. My book “Improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business” covers these and many more subjects to be the best in class. That is the “blue-print” DNotes follows.
legendary
DNotes

Hello, im new here. may i ask some question. is there any roadmap on your coin ? what is the current progress you guys been doing?. i saw on the coinmarketcap.com you guys in the market quite sometime already

Hi MAFTRADER, and welcome to the DNotes forum. There is a roadmap in the opening post - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dnotes-20-staking-crisp-interest-dnotes-pay-1924858. The launch of DNotes 2.0 has been delayed a few months (taking the time necessary to build a superior product), as stated in Dyna's post:

The launch of DNotes 2.0 has been delayed. The learning curve has been more demanding than anticipated and the amount of customized C# coding is also more than we anticipated. As much as I am always very conservative in estimating time-line and cost, I have been down this route before. Big complex projects like DNotes 2.0 development often ended up taking longer and costing more; sometime with more problems than expected. Fortunately, in our case, there are no major known problems.

A lot of that is because of the inherent challenges in dealing with the unknows. It is even more pronounced in our decentralized open source environment. There are heaps of contributions and work-around but very time consuming to sort through. It is not uncommon to end up with incomplete solutions, with the last most difficult 10% unfinished.

I anticipate that it will take a few more months and we will update our community on any significant developments. Meanwhile, our developer will be working with his team and create a git repository on GitHub.

DNotes 2.0 is a large-scale project creating a new coin to replace DNotes with a 1:1 coin swap. We are migrating from our current Proof of Work (POW) to Proof of Stake (POS).  This is a multi-year project leading to 100% conversion to C#, along with numerous applications to best support our projects as outlined on our road-map: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dnotes-20-staking-crisp-interest-dnotes-pay-1924858

We have an excellent selection of videos explaining all of DNotes properties, and how they will benefit stakeholders going forward. https://www.youtube.com/user/dnotescoin

Let us know if you have any other questions.  Smiley

Thanks Chase and welcome to the DNotes forum MAFTRADER! As Chase mentioned, feel free to ask us anything, we are a friendly and helpful community.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
IMF Head to Central Bankers: Don’t Dismiss Digital Currencies

https://dcebrief.com/imf-head-to-central-bankers-dont-dismiss-digital-currencies/
legendary

Hello, im new here. may i ask some question. is there any roadmap on your coin ? what is the current progress you guys been doing?. i saw on the coinmarketcap.com you guys in the market quite sometime already

Hi MAFTRADER, and welcome to the DNotes forum. There is a roadmap in the opening post - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dnotes-20-staking-crisp-interest-dnotes-pay-1924858. The launch of DNotes 2.0 has been delayed a few months (taking the time necessary to build a superior product), as stated in Dyna's post:

The launch of DNotes 2.0 has been delayed. The learning curve has been more demanding than anticipated and the amount of customized C# coding is also more than we anticipated. As much as I am always very conservative in estimating time-line and cost, I have been down this route before. Big complex projects like DNotes 2.0 development often ended up taking longer and costing more; sometime with more problems than expected. Fortunately, in our case, there are no major known problems.

A lot of that is because of the inherent challenges in dealing with the unknows. It is even more pronounced in our decentralized open source environment. There are heaps of contributions and work-around but very time consuming to sort through. It is not uncommon to end up with incomplete solutions, with the last most difficult 10% unfinished.

I anticipate that it will take a few more months and we will update our community on any significant developments. Meanwhile, our developer will be working with his team and create a git repository on GitHub.

DNotes 2.0 is a large-scale project creating a new coin to replace DNotes with a 1:1 coin swap. We are migrating from our current Proof of Work (POW) to Proof of Stake (POS).  This is a multi-year project leading to 100% conversion to C#, along with numerous applications to best support our projects as outlined on our road-map: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dnotes-20-staking-crisp-interest-dnotes-pay-1924858

We have an excellent selection of videos explaining all of DNotes properties, and how they will benefit stakeholders going forward. https://www.youtube.com/user/dnotescoin

Let us know if you have any other questions.  Smiley
Activity: 308
legendary
DNotes
Really disappointing to hold these coins long-term, and miss a swap because you can't read every thread all the time...

Don't worry, Millibetting. You did not miss the swap. The launch of DNotes 2.0 has been delayed.

All DNotesVault account holders will be notified of the swap proceedings.

You may also follow our updates on our social media (Facebook, Twitter), as well as our blog or DCEBrief.

We could also setup a separate newsletter specifically for any DNotes updates, for those who do not have a DNotesVault account or use these services.
We need to do better in educating others with the best intention because we believe that we are at the beginning of a technology revolution that can benefit a lot of people.
Alan, you so often speak my thoughts for me. And I completely agree that education is the solution. I tend to think education is the solution to almost all problems. That is probably because I think the vast majority of people are good, and want the best for others as well as themselves. And I see most problems in the world coming from bad decisions, rather than bad intentions. For me the best solution to avoid bad decisions is learning how to think, and having all the relevant information. Hence, education is the foundation of all long term solutions.

After education has done its work, of course I see systems as the ultimate structure to build on the foundation of education. That way, we don't have to think through the same problems over again, and we can experiment and tweak our decisions in a framework that yields meaningful and repeatable results. I am glad DNotes Global Inc. puts such effort into education and is sharing knowledge through the Four Pillars to Business Success program. I respect people for their intentions, but I admire them for their results. You're definitely moving quickly in the right direction.
legendary

I agree with the author that the exchanges (as they currently stand) are a major foundational weakness in the industry.

What bothers me about this article is this misleading statement:

"Digital-currency cases now account for three-quarters of the time the Federal Bureau of Investigation devotes fighting money laundering, it revealed at a recent Morgan Stanley event. The law enforcement agency also said that most ransom payments are now demanded in Bitcoin or one of its rivals."

1) The statement made by the FBI makes it sounds like digital currency accounts for 75% of money laundering proceeds.

2) If they are spending that much time focusing on digital currency related cases, it is because they were told to do so.

3) We know from previous research, that it is cash and complex (usually offshore) financial schemes that facilitate most money laundering.

4) Morgan Stanley was their audience...

Digital Currencies Are Growing on Faltering Foundations  -  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/business/dealbook/bitcoin-ether-cryptocurrencies.html

That is indeed misleading Chase. There have been recent cases of large banks laundering massive amounts of money for Mexican drug cartels, and enemies of the USA, in clear breach of US banking laws and those regarding engagement with the enemy.

I don't think that given the current size of crypto that the market is large enough to come anywhere near that -- if the FBI is spending that much of its resources investigating crypto money laundering, it is because they were told to, and likely because there is a political motivation in disseminating that type of message. The fact that many ransoms are being demanded in crypto is unfortunate, and not surprising. It is also likely another reason that compliant cryptocurrencies could rise to the forefront over time by market capitalization, as more businesses and governments get involved with, and sanction their use.

It probably isn't even true that FBI is spending more resources investigating crypto money laundering. It would just be too irresponsible and absurd. The total capitalisation of all cryptocurrencies is an insignificant fraction of all money laundering according to the IMF. So yes, I agree that the statement is likely to be politically motivated.

"The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimate the volume of money laundering to be between three and five percent of GDP, equivalent to approximately US$2.2 trillion to US$3.7 trillion annually."
https://www.infosys.com/industries/cards-and-payments/resources/Documents/money-transfer-industry-2016.pdf

This does not surprise me. Those with power like to retain it, so are always in favour of stability and maintaining the status quo. So when a new form of money comes along, the basis of their power faces the threat of disruptive technology. What does surprise me is Christine Lagarde's position on it. Of course, getting to where she is I expected her to be savvy and have her finger on the fintech pulse. But to publicly promote a reasonable or even positive image about the future of cryptocurrencies was unexpected.

I would have expected the IMF to be more reactive and want to put out the cryptocurrency fire, before it burned away their position of power. But, maybe they are smarter than that. Change is inevitable, and if you are fortunate enough to see it coming, then it makes sense to spend your energy re-positioning yourself rather than fighting it. Just how the IMF might consolidate their power in a world where both fiat and cryptocurrency are traded in similar proportions I don't know. And maybe they don't know either, but are at least trying to move in the right direction.

Christine Lagarde, head of the IMF, warns central bankers that bitcoin is rising. She has told them not to discount digital currencies, because they are gaining more adoption and traction. Lagarde addressed this issue in a conference Friday in London. She said digital currencies might give existing currencies “a run for their money.”

Read the full story: : https://news.bitcoin.com/imf-chief-lagarde-tells-central-bankers-not-wise-to-dismiss-virtual-currencies/

And related to both of these is the crack down on fraudulent ICOs. I agree that it is certainly a positive thing, and feel proud to be contributing to a group that recognise we all can be fools and that does not mean we don't deserve help or even protection where it is warranted. But it is interesting that the SEC is choosing to minimise damage early. It would have surprised my cynical side less if the damage was allowed to get so far out of control, that future government attempts to limit and control the use of cryptocurrencies would be seen by the public as well overdue, rather than government over-reach.

So while China plays its hand, Korea follows in its way, and Japan registers exchanges making the Eastern approach to cryptocurrencies seem divided, it looks like the Western attitude is swinging slowly around to somewhere between tolerant and positive.

No matter how we look at it, this industry has been quite dramatic - something the news media gravitate to. Unfortunately, at times, facts are misrepresented or stretched to the breaking points as in the case of: "Digital-currency cases now account for three-quarters of the time the Federal Bureau of Investigation devotes fighting money laundering."  I don’t see how that could be accurate or a fair representation.

At such earl stage, the public, perhaps including law enforcement, lacks good knowledge and understanding of the technology and the industry. I trust that it will evolve and get better. We need to do better in educating others with the best intention because we believe that we are at the beginning of a technology revolution that can benefit a lot of people.

I agree with the author that the exchanges (as they currently stand) are a major foundational weakness in the industry.

"Digital-currency cases now account for three-quarters of the time the Federal Bureau of Investigation devotes fighting money laundering, it revealed at a recent Morgan Stanley event. The law enforcement agency also said that most ransom payments are now demanded in Bitcoin or one of its rivals."

1) The statement made by the FBI makes it sounds like digital currency accounts for 75% of money laundering proceeds.

2) If they are spending that much time focusing on digital currency related cases, it is because they were told to do so.

3) We know from previous research, that it is cash and complex (usually offshore) financial schemes that facilitate most money laundering.

Digital Currencies Are Growing on Faltering Foundations  -  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/business/dealbook/bitcoin-ether-cryptocurrencies.html

That is indeed misleading Chase. There have been recent cases of large banks laundering massive amounts of money for Mexican drug cartels, and enemies of the USA, in clear breach of US banking laws and those regarding engagement with the enemy.

I don't think that given the current size of crypto that the market is large enough to come anywhere near that -- if the FBI is spending that much of its resources investigating crypto money laundering, it is because they were told to, and likely because there is a political motivation in disseminating that type of message. The fact that many ransoms are being demanded in crypto is unfortunate, and not surprising. It is also likely another reason that compliant cryptocurrencies could rise to the forefront over time by market capitalization, as more businesses and governments get involved with, and sanction their use.

It probably isn't even true that FBI is spending more resources investigating crypto money laundering. It would just be too irresponsible and absurd. The total capitalisation of all cryptocurrencies is an insignificant fraction of all money laundering according to the IMF. So yes, I agree that the statement is likely to be politically motivated.

"The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimate the volume of money laundering to be between three and five percent of GDP, equivalent to approximately US$2.2 trillion to US$3.7 trillion annually."
https://www.infosys.com/industries/cards-and-payments/resources/Documents/money-transfer-industry-2016.pdf

This does not surprise me. Those with power like to retain it, so are always in favour of stability and maintaining the status quo. So when a new form of money comes along, the basis of their power faces the threat of disruptive technology. What does surprise me is Christine Lagarde's position on it. Of course, getting to where she is I expected her to be savvy and have her finger on the fintech pulse. But to publicly promote a reasonable or even positive image about the future of cryptocurrencies was unexpected.

I would have expected the IMF to be more reactive and want to put out the cryptocurrency fire, before it burned away their position of power. But, maybe they are smarter than that. Change is inevitable, and if you are fortunate enough to see it coming, then it makes sense to spend your energy re-positioning yourself rather than fighting it. Just how the IMF might consolidate their power in a world where both fiat and cryptocurrency are traded in similar proportions I don't know. And maybe they don't know either, but are at least trying to move in the right direction.

Christine Lagarde, head of the IMF, warns central bankers that bitcoin is rising. She has told them not to discount digital currencies, because they are gaining more adoption and traction. Lagarde addressed this issue in a conference Friday in London. She said digital currencies might give existing currencies “a run for their money.”

Read the full story: : https://news.bitcoin.com/imf-chief-lagarde-tells-central-bankers-not-wise-to-dismiss-virtual-currencies/

And related to both of these is the crack down on fraudulent ICOs. I agree that it is certainly a positive thing, and feel proud to be contributing to a group that recognise we all can be fools and that does not mean we don't deserve help or even protection where it is warranted. But it is interesting that the SEC is choosing to minimise damage early. It would have surprised my cynical side less if the damage was allowed to get so far out of control, that future government attempts to limit and control the use of cryptocurrencies would be seen by the public as well overdue, rather than government over-reach.

So while China plays its hand, Korea follows in its way, and Japan registers exchanges making the Eastern approach to cryptocurrencies seem divided, it looks like the Western attitude is swinging slowly around to somewhere between tolerant and positive.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535

Digital Currencies Are Growing on Faltering Foundations  -  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/business/dealbook/bitcoin-ether-cryptocurrencies.html

I don't think that given the current size of crypto that the market is large enough to come anywhere near that -- if the FBI is spending that much of its resources investigating crypto money laundering, it is because they were told to, and likely because there is a political motivation in disseminating that type of message. The fact that many ransoms are being demanded in crypto is unfortunate, and not surprising. It is also likely another reason that compliant cryptocurrencies could rise to the forefront over time by market capitalization, as more businesses and governments get involved with, and sanction their use. At that juncture, professional investors will be gnawing at their teeth to get involved in the rare professionally operated ventures in this space, like DNotes.

legendary

legendary
Really disappointing to hold these coins long-term, and miss a swap because you can't read every thread all the time...

Don't worry, Millibetting. You did not miss the swap. The launch of DNotes 2.0 has been delayed.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
legendary

It has been a while since I last came across an industry article that I can agree with on most points. Here is a rare one:

One day “digital currencies might give existing currencies “a run for their money.”

Digital currencies will not replace the current currencies anytime soon.”

"Digital Currencies are Still in Their Infancy."

Digital currencies are "too volatile, too risky, too energy intensive and because the underlying technologies are not yet scalable
central bankers should not ignore the technology or underestimate it
."

No doubt, our industry will continue to have issues that create doubt and fear. It is typical of industries at their infancy; granted that we have been getting a large share of it. Our job at DNotes is to address those issues and other challenges objectively at the right time. We have no doubt, that when the dust settled, DNotes will stand out as the shinning star.
We are strategically positioned to be a major player with a large Internet foot-print for people to verify and research on. Here is a good place to start: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dnotes-20-staking-crisp-interest-dnotes-pay-1924858

IMF Chief Lagarde Tells Central Bankers: “Not Wise to Dismiss Virtual Currencies”

I agree, it is a great article.

Notice how she never mentions anything about central bankers/governments clamping down on, or banning digital currencies, but rather advises them to be "open to fresh ideas and new demands, as economies evolve”. Some of her statements are so close to what has been stated by you and the rest of the DNotes team, it almost looks like she may be on our side.  Wink Grin

Digital currencies are "too volatile, too risky, too energy intensive and because the underlying technologies are not yet scalable central bankers should not ignore the technology or underestimate it." This is really interesting, and I wonder how closely the energy intensiveness of POW is being watched by large institutions? Do they feel any of the current cryptocurrencies are potentially scalable? One can be sure that DNotes 2.0, in addressing all these issues, will be studied very carefully.
Thanks, Chase.

DNotes’ guiding principles to success is to ensure that our vision and key missions are articulated in a clear, consistent, and cohesive manner that others can understand. Our mindset and messaging remained the same since day one.

Our vision is to build DNotes as the trusted digital currency accessible for everyone worldwide to participate irrespective of their financial standings; thereby leading to mass acceptance as a supplement to fiat currency in global commerce. Our long list of missions is well expressed throughout our ecosystems systems and beyond.

I trust that over time, we do gain mind-share - winning over more people to think like us. Our industry needs a lot more supporters committed to the long-term with unwavering trust that digital currency is the future of money and when utilized responsibly can benefit our world.

legendary

It has been a while since I last came across an industry article that I can agree with on most points. Here is a rare one:

One day “digital currencies might give existing currencies “a run for their money.”

Digital currencies are "too volatile, too risky, too energy intensive and because the underlying technologies are not yet scalable
."

No doubt, our industry will continue to have issues that create doubt and fear. It is typical of industries at their infancy; granted that we have been getting a large share of it. Our job at DNotes is to address those issues and other challenges objectively at the right time. We have no doubt, that when the dust settled, DNotes will stand out as the shinning star.
We are strategically positioned to be a major player with a large Internet foot-print for people to verify and research on. Here is a good place to start: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dnotes-20-staking-crisp-interest-dnotes-pay-1924858

IMF Chief Lagarde Tells Central Bankers: “Not Wise to Dismiss Virtual Currencies”

I agree, it is a great article.

Notice how she never mentions anything about central bankers/governments clamping down on, or banning digital currencies, but rather advises them to be "open to fresh ideas and new demands, as economies evolve”. Some of her statements are so close to what has been stated by you and the rest of the DNotes team, it almost looks like she may be on our side.  Wink Grin

Digital currencies are "too volatile, too risky, too energy intensive and because the underlying technologies are not yet scalable central bankers should not ignore the technology or underestimate it." This is really interesting, and I wonder how closely the energy intensiveness of POW is being watched by large institutions? Do they feel any of the current cryptocurrencies are potentially scalable? One can be sure that DNotes 2.0, in addressing all these issues, will be studied very carefully.
legendary

."

Jump to: