Pages:
Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 35. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

It's not my area of expertise, so I can only comment with opinion based on limited knowledge, experience, and understanding. We've been watching how the markets work and react for some time, and this article does add some context to ideas I've been formulating. That's not an endorsement to the validity of the concepts in the article in any way, just some lines of thought run parallel.

The first thing I would like to address, if we operate from the assumption that FUD was created with intention to drag down prices, we also have to acknowledge that this kind of article could be the antithesis of FUD with intentions of the opposite effect.

The second is that, by observation, it seems that price drag / accumulation / and other forms of this cartel concept seem fairly logical and appear to be regularly used. The forces at play seem to lean in favor of drag, based on my observations. However, the results don't necessarily prove that these things are the cause.

Ultimately, we can account for all of these factors and try to guess what has happened and what is going to happen, but at the end of the day I believe what will prevail is the underlying value in what is behind the investment. Hopefully that makes sense. Relating that to DNotes, it doesn't matter what has or will happen, what matters is will it become an unstoppable force. My answer is, without a doubt... Due to the underlying strategy, the people behind it and supporting it, the drive and determination to create something amazing and for the right reasons.

I hope that helps you to come the conclusions you were looking for.

This is a very well written and balanced view of the possibilities raised in the linked article. It's so good, in fact, that I suggest it could be expanded into an opinion piece for DCEBrief with plenty of support from examples of your observations. And I agree with the main point, which is that the way to overcome even the *possibility* of a cartel is you develop a product that is so good and so solid and so well received that the sheer volume of people using it normally is enough to overcome any kind of monkey business. The main reason it's so easy to manipulate cryptocurrency prices is because so far they are still mostly a speculative vehicle. Once they become more than that and used as a part of everyday financial life, then any cartel would *also* have to manipulate all the decisions of ordinary people all over the world to buy and use them. So, even if everything in that cartel article is true (and I concede that possibility), the way to overcome it is not to try to learn *their* strategy and try to make countermoves. It is to develop a product that just by being an awesome product will render that sort of control impossible. Thankfully DNotes is already 5 years into this journey.

Appreciate it wiser! DNotes path to becoming an unstoppable force and the implications of that would make for a great article. Probably not as much focus on individual market manipulation theories, but acknowledging the consequences of market manipulation and its tendency to bring the markets down. Then mention why we believe having a model where the company, as a party with significant self interest in the currency and its ecosystem, is essential in making DNotes an unstoppable force. Could be a tough article, but may be worth it.

That's exactly how I'd angle it. Though it may need some mention you absolutely don't want to focus on the negative (cartels, market manipulation, etc.) even if all of it and more is true. I've found that even when true, focusing on the negative is actually very destructive to one's own aims. Far better to focus on our overall goals with DNotes and let those stand on their own.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

It's not my area of expertise, so I can only comment with opinion based on limited knowledge, experience, and understanding. We've been watching how the markets work and react for some time, and this article does add some context to ideas I've been formulating. That's not an endorsement to the validity of the concepts in the article in any way, just some lines of thought run parallel.

The first thing I would like to address, if we operate from the assumption that FUD was created with intention to drag down prices, we also have to acknowledge that this kind of article could be the antithesis of FUD with intentions of the opposite effect.

The second is that, by observation, it seems that price drag / accumulation / and other forms of this cartel concept seem fairly logical and appear to be regularly used. The forces at play seem to lean in favor of drag, based on my observations. However, the results don't necessarily prove that these things are the cause.

Ultimately, we can account for all of these factors and try to guess what has happened and what is going to happen, but at the end of the day I believe what will prevail is the underlying value in what is behind the investment. Hopefully that makes sense. Relating that to DNotes, it doesn't matter what has or will happen, what matters is will it become an unstoppable force. My answer is, without a doubt... Due to the underlying strategy, the people behind it and supporting it, the drive and determination to create something amazing and for the right reasons.

This is a very well written and balanced view of the possibilities raised in the linked article. It's so good, in fact, that I suggest it could be expanded into an opinion piece for DCEBrief with plenty of support from examples of your observations. And I agree with the main point, which is that the way to overcome even the *possibility* of a cartel is you develop a product that is so good and so solid and so well received that the sheer volume of people using it normally is enough to overcome any kind of monkey business. The main reason it's so easy to manipulate cryptocurrency prices is because so far they are still mostly a speculative vehicle. Once they become more than that and used as a part of everyday financial life, then any cartel would *also* have to manipulate all the decisions of ordinary people all over the world to buy and use them. So, even if everything in that cartel article is true (and I concede that possibility), the way to overcome it is not to try to learn *their* strategy and try to make countermoves. It is to develop a product that just by being an awesome product will render that sort of control impossible. Thankfully DNotes is already 5 years into this journey.

Appreciate it wiser! DNotes path to becoming an unstoppable force and the implications of that would make for a great article. Probably not as much focus on individual market manipulation theories, but acknowledging the consequences of market manipulation and its tendency to bring the markets down. Then mention why we believe having a model where the company, as a party with significant self interest in the currency and its ecosystem, is essential in making DNotes an unstoppable force. Could be a tough article, but may be worth it.
legendary

Activity: 327
Merit: 16
Coinbase Announces Support for XRP on Coinbase Pro

https://dcebrief.com/coinbase-announces-support-for-xrp-on-coinbase-pro/

I must admit that it did not have such big impact on price as I suspected it would have Shocked At least for now Tongue
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
DNotes

Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Activity: 327
Merit: 16
Ah yes, the crypto winter has been brutal! But some of us are still here Smiley

I must say that I have learned a lot during this crypto winter Smiley I am sure that when it will be finally over I will be able to utilise this new knowledge and experience to make right trading and strategic decisions Wink This are really hard times, but those who endure through it, will without doubt be rewarded in the end Wink
Bank Frick Announces Regulated Platform for Trading Digital Tokens

https://dcebrief.com/bank-frick-announces-regulated-platform-for-trading-digital-tokens/
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
When crypto winter melted down, survivors will get richer.
It is what happened with survivors from the crash in 2014.
Let's try to survive during tough period, and let's hope that what happened in 2014 will repeat one more time.

I have no doubt that it will be the case. The technology is awesome and the industry is not going away. We are still in the infancy of this technology revolution that will only get better. Technology is also gets ahead of regulations. But reasonable regulations will catch, a part of the necessary process.

This is a good time for some portfolio balancing. Not all coins will survive and many are still without any viable projects and over-valued. Do your homework and pick those that are positioned to be the long-term winners.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Glad that you are still here and doing even more for our industry.

HERo has been gaining many crypto-blockchain women in support of our initiative last few weeks. Great feedback so far and very positive.
legendary
Texas Securities Regulators Win Cease-and-Desist Agreement from Four Crypto Companies

https://dcebrief.com/texas-securities-regulators-win-cease-and-desist-agreement-from-four-crypto-companies/
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Thanks, and you're quite right. Everyone must obey the rules if you want to get ahead, and you can only get away not following them for a short time. It's not that existing models can't offer everything that an ICO does, it's just that the regulations are such a costly and exclusive way to financing businesses. Regulators could remove many of the restrictions and make it okay for anybody to invest in just about any company instantly (like crowdfunding), and then suddenly the ICO model would only have efficiency and 'blockchain token economy' as potential advantages. At the current time though, people are trying to merge the two to have blockchain token economy + legal, without financing efficiency.   
legendary
DNotes

Op-Ed: Blockchain Businesses Won’t Prevent Monopolies or Democratize Wealth
https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-blockchain-businesses-wont-prevent-monopolies-or-democratize-wealth/

Good job on the article Tim! There are certainly opportunities within the realm of decentralization of assets which have some properties that would open investing up to more people to participate. We have to realistically recognize that there are legal restrictions created to protect people from these high risk investments.

Some of the key benefits of blockchain in relation to decentralization of assets are in efficiencies of distribution, trading, and even in tracking and verification processes that have not yet come to fruition.
For example, investing a restricted amount would likely be permitted by law if it were to a blockchain verified individual that automation could keep track of the transactions one day. In this scenario a regular consumer would have the opportunity to invest in something like facebook at the earliest stage. It would also be much more attractive to a company to open up to consumer investors as the platform could be much more automated with much less overhead.

Korea Exchange Reportedly Watching for U.S. Response to Bitcoin ETF Proposals

https://dcebrief.com/korea-exchange-reportedly-watching-for-u-s-response-to-bitcoin-etf-proposals/
South Australian Government to Use Blockchain for Official Election

https://dcebrief.com/south-australian-government-to-use-blockchain-for-official-election/

Op-Ed: Blockchain Businesses Won’t Prevent Monopolies or Democratize Wealth
https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-blockchain-businesses-wont-prevent-monopolies-or-democratize-wealth/
OH County Auditors’ Association Working Group to Study Blockchain Use for Property Deed Transfers

https://dcebrief.com/oh-county-auditors-association-working-group-to-study-blockchain-use-for-property-deed-transfers/
Pages:
Jump to: