Pages:
Author

Topic: Do any of these ASIC's actually make a ROI? - page 3. (Read 3438 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
We wont see 20%+ rise in difficulty forever. It has to slow down and stop sometimes. I predict because of preorders, we will see difficulty drop a bit next year, because some with expensive electricity realise how much they pay more to mine a coin

So if you have cheap or free electricity you can make +ROI
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
After finding this nifty site: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/  and checking out lots of ASICS, it looks if you buy now, wait for delivery, nothing will make it's ROI.

Of course I subscribe to the idea that you are better off just buying the Bitcoins now versus investing into an ASIC. However, I already have Bitcoins (bought long, long, long ago) and I'm relatively Fiat Broke, so if I were to go an ASIC route, I would be spending Bitcoins anyway. I have held off till now because it seems like it's a smarter idea to wait for when ASICS can be purchased and delivered via 2 day shipping. Meaning, I can pretty much know what the difficulty will be when I receive my machine. At this point, even the conservative estimates make it look like top of the line miners won't arrive in time to pay for themselves.

What are others thinking?

when i started to use that calculator it was giving me positive ROI figures scoped out from october onward, now its been adjusted...as more entrants are expected to enter into the bitcoin arena and offer hashing....difficulty will continue to rise against the fixed bitcoin 'pie' Like the guy above said - mine with it until april 2014 then switchover to alt-coins or if btc jumps up a lot in price like over 500 bucks then continue to mine btc for a few more months.  If others also follow and decide to switch over to alts, that will stabilize difficulty I believe.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
If you got the balls to gamble, do it. If you lose sleep over it, dont  Smiley

Im sure value will go up this year. How much, dunno.

But i'v got orders out for a few units around and im sure they'll make ROI at some point (i got free power, so that helps).
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
No worries, btc will hit 500 this year
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
After finding this nifty site: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/  and checking out lots of ASICS, it looks if you buy now, wait for delivery, nothing will make it's ROI.

Of course I subscribe to the idea that you are better off just buying the Bitcoins now versus investing into an ASIC. However, I already have Bitcoins (bought long, long, long ago) and I'm relatively Fiat Broke, so if I were to go an ASIC route, I would be spending Bitcoins anyway. I have held off till now because it seems like it's a smarter idea to wait for when ASICS can be purchased and delivered via 2 day shipping. Meaning, I can pretty much know what the difficulty will be when I receive my machine. At this point, even the conservative estimates make it look like top of the line miners won't arrive in time to pay for themselves.

What are others thinking?
Pages:
Jump to: