Pages:
Author

Topic: Do Banned users stand a chance of been reconsidered or been appealed for - page 2. (Read 328 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
There have been various cases of users getting banned and having their bans reverted later on. A member of the Croatian local was banned and it took the admins 1 year to change their decision and restore his account. I think bill gator got banned for plagiarism, but admitted that he bought the account and that the copy-pasting was done by the previous user. I apologize to bill gator if my memory is playing tricks on me and if I am thinking of someone else. I think that's how I remember that situation.     

Wasn't ChiBitCTy also banned for some copy-pasting incident in the past?

Many lovers of bit coin talk have gotten their account Barned but due to the passion for Crypto knowledge most especially bit coin the take the pain of creating newer accounts so as to contribute their quarter to the forum which will mean starting all over from the scratch.
Reading this made me throw up a bit in my mouth.
Barned bit coin talk accounts by bit coin enthusiasts. Huh
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
I see some high profiled account been Barned on daily bases due to several reasons but the most common is plagiarism. Most of which are contributors to the forum and the have contributed towards the active status of this noble forum. Can such users be appealed for or is there no other measure other than permanent barn on such users. Regarding the fact that with or with any user the bitcointalk forum still functions to its fullest. But comsiderative measures should be taken for older accounts sake of the pains it took such user to get to where they are at the moment.

plagiarism? Not a chance...!!! but there are exceptions... may be one or two.. i have seen here on meta section in some old thread... there were some users which were given a chance by theymos at least one i remember (I have to dig posts to find that user).

But in very very rare cases may be this exception can be executed again.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
I see some high profiled account been Banned on daily bases due to several reasons but the most common is plagiarism. Most of which are contributors to the forum and the have contributed towards the active status of this noble forum. Can such users be appealed for or is there no other measure other than permanent ban on such users. Regarding the fact that with or with any user the bitcointalk forum still functions to its fullest. But considerative measures should be taken for older accounts sake of the pains it took such user to get to where they are at the moment.

In all no body is above the laid down rules laid down to guide posters on the forum but most of the times providing the link to an imformation shared on the for might skip the mind of the OP who made the post. I think members should be warned a couple of times if such user proves adamant then drastic measures could be taken against such. Many lovers of bitcointalk have gotten their account Banned but due to the passion for Crypto knowledge most especially bit coin the take the pain of creating newer accounts so as to contribute their quarter to the forum which will mean starting all over from the scratch.

In all its just a suggestion open to correction and critics from reputable scholars of this noble forum. I just felt I should throw a little suggestion open to correction so I get guided on what it entails to keep a clean record on the forum and also how to help users who forget to provide source to their posts so as to avoid been Banned on the forum.
Pages:
Jump to: