Pages:
Author

Topic: Do exchanges impact the performance of newly listed token? - page 3. (Read 323 times)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

Summarily exchanges significantly impact the performance of newly listed tokens, although this may vary in tokens or exchanges.

As a trader or investor, can you relate to these findings?

Exchange play very important role in the progress of a newly listed coin. If you list your coin in a reputable and recognised exchange, it will help the coin grow fast especially if the use case of the coin is relevant. The exchange is important because a big exchange has a wide reach and coverage and any coin there in the exchange will supposedly grow faster . I remember few years ago when cartesi was to be listed in binance , the same thing happened, people had already started waiting before it finally drop there and the orders flew astronomically giving early investors hugh profit.
Investors do always look for new listing specially on new exchangers and if its new then this is where most people would really be looking upon because this is something that would mean that the price would really be pumping up but we know that not all the time it would really be that in this case because we know that there are people who do able accumulate lots of coins on which on the time that it would be reaching out new ATHs on exchange listing then we do know on what comes next which is dumping.If it wont really be able to sustain then that recent crash or dump might able to recover or not and this is where it would really be depending on the investor support whether it would sustain or not.

The more exchange the better but in speaking about having those huge spike in price specially on x10 or x100 is unlikely because we do know that these things do usually be seen on decentralized
exchange or on the time that it is really still on these platforms and unlikely on CEX but we know that there are exemptions depending on the coin or project specially if its
been that hyped.
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
Sometimes, being listed on exchanges can make a difference, but not always. It mainly influences projects with low market capitalization.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

Summarily exchanges significantly impact the performance of newly listed tokens, although this may vary in tokens or exchanges.

Exchange play very important role in the progress of a newly listed coin. If you list your coin in a reputable and recognised exchange, it will help the coin grow fast especially if the use case of the coin is relevant. The exchange is important because a big exchange has a wide reach and coverage and any coin there in the exchange will supposedly grow faster . I remember few years ago when cartesi was to be listed in binance , the same thing happened, people had already started waiting before it finally drop there and the orders flew astronomically giving early investors hugh profit.
Activity: 994
Merit: 552
Binance have been adopted with new rule of newly listed token, current coins listing from launchpad and Arkham coins have been push up more than 10x from launchpad pre sale.  Its worth and five minutes after listing there are not any buy or sell order under $0.5 based on pre sale when launchpad on $0.05. I think is very good ideas adopting for newly listed coin on some exchange how to protect about coin reputation from lower price after first time listing on the market.  They have make price target from first listing until 5x or 10x depend on how interested with their coins when pre sale release.

Will have exchange adopted what did by Binance? usually its happening for coins launchpad in Binance and not coins come from without launchpad, I don't think when newly list coin in Binance without have launchpad will adopt this rule or not.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 553
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Surely the exchange impact the listed token,my friends use to random invest of their money into the coin listed in binance.Because binance play huge role in the crypto market,one of my friend had become a millionaire by investing in one coin of binance.I don't want to mention the name of the coin.But it's the fact that,he earned nearly 100x of their investment.But he waited nearly 2 years for this coin to get that much profit.In crypto trading,long holding will multiple your profit for sure.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 618
Initial listings are usually an exciting time for investors or traders; if they aren’t keen on the opening price, they are anticipating a surge or other reasons to be exhilarated.
How much can these expectations be impacted by the listing exchange? Below are my few observations:

-Increased accessibility and liquidity–Listing on a major exchange raises the accessibility and liquidity of tokens, ultimately driving demand and price.

-Purchasing frenzy – Traders and investors often embrace newly listed tokens with the hopes of profiting from their short-term price surge in the first few hours/days after listing.

-The impact of Promotion– Token price trajectory is usually affected by the hype around new listings, this is triggered more when leading exchanges promote or announce the listing of a new token.

Listing in a major exchange is obviously just a big sham and popularity. And when a token gets listed on a big exchange honestly it's just the investors who have been holding it earlier gain something the ones who want to enjoy the pump and dump often end up earning nothing infact do end up losing a lot of times. But yes if you have an insider news about any listing it's good to trade that coin and mint some money.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
In my personal view, social media plays a significant role in the cryptocurrency world, second only to exchanges. The wealthiest individuals in cryptocurrency are often exchange owners due to the influence they hold. Manipulative activities are often associated with social media, and being listed on top exchanges can overshadow the need for a coin to have practical use cases. For instance, SONM, a project on Binance whose team has left, continues to generate profits for holders solely because Binance chose to retain it. This illustrates the crucial role that exchanges play at the core of the cryptocurrency space
Activity: 1218
Merit: 595
-Purchasing frenzy – Traders and investors often embrace newly listed tokens with the hopes of profiting from their short-term price surge in the first few hours/days after listing.

-The impact of Promotion– Token price trajectory is usually affected by the hype around new listings, this is triggered more when leading exchanges promote or announce the listing of a new token.

Yes i can relate to these findings that, in the purchasing frenzy people make mistake mostly the newbies because they think they will make profit when the token is already going up. For example, a new token is launched and a newbie set limit to buy it and then set new limit to sell it like bought it around 10$ and set the limit at around 15$ and the funny thing is the $10 price is the maximum price of that token, it could reach.

Means now it is not going to make that newbie any profits and thus all of his efforts are in vain. And, i do agree with your other points that, promotion and listing news of the coins on some major exchanges could create great hype among the investors and traders. But that moment is for those who have bought the token at ICO or IEO at lower prices.

I hope, we as newbies or pro should avoid to get loss in the heavily flowing river means when the token is already in hype. we should avoid to take part in it. I have faced some loss too and i am saying it with experience.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855

This hype are mostly on coins or tokens that have done airdrops, testnets and it likes. This tokens mostly would have been ongoing this process for like many months or years and when the listing period is been announced you would clearly see the hype in it. Some investors who even have more will start predicting ridiculous listing price and this is where the hype is.

Exactly the impact when top exchanges like Binance or either KuCoin have when listing tokens is not compared to other exchanges. In fact some project teams actually use this listing to lure people into investing into some of these tokens. Many Alticoin investors or traders believe that tokens listed on these top exchanges actually have great potential. Example currently is the hype around SUI and Arbitrum

Activity: 111
Merit: 1
Initial listings are usually an exciting time for investors or traders; if they aren’t keen on the opening price, they are anticipating a surge or other reasons to be exhilarated.
How much can these expectations be impacted by the listing exchange? Below are my few observations:

-Increased accessibility and liquidity–Listing on a major exchange raises the accessibility and liquidity of tokens, ultimately driving demand and price.

Pages:
Jump to: