Pages:
Author

Topic: Do girls use Bitcoin ? - page 57. (Read 170803 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
March 12, 2015, 08:47:39 AM

Ahh Bitcoin Girl, believe she has a music video to go along with her moniker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEthXBHsEac

I gotta check her out one day at the NY Bitcoin Center, ask her some crypto questions.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
March 12, 2015, 05:10:44 AM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
March 11, 2015, 10:50:05 PM
Are girls / women interested in Bitcoin ?
Your opinion ?

My girlfriend is interested in Bitcoin. Smiley
And she is a girl.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
March 11, 2015, 10:42:59 PM
1PekpekmhXxBYjQm4irR6kTGFumhyYFJLW 

This is for the Pekpek Foundation, any btc donation is welcome Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
March 11, 2015, 10:35:15 PM
I only know of one girl that uses Bitcoin. She was online once. No timestamp tho. She could be a fake. :/

What? Have you been under a rock? There are 7 of us on here!
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
March 11, 2015, 10:16:47 PM
Why not, they have right to use bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
better everyday ♥
March 11, 2015, 05:32:42 PM

So the only high profile woman in Bitcoin is a presumed mail order bride from Ukraine (some kind of Tatar, Circassian or Gypsy due to dark features?), who came to New York two years ago, and acquired her Jones last name through intermarriage?  Very cringe worthy video and an incredibly lame fake story.

If you really want to showcase women then don't resort to tricks.  Go hire booth babes like the gaming companies at E3.

Okay so maybe you don't like the mail order bride look.

Perhaps Perianne Boring, Elizabeth Ploshay, Arianna Simpson, or Connie Gallippi tickle your female Crypto fancy?

Each of these 4 women know and do alot more about Bitcoin than you (and me).
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
March 11, 2015, 04:43:32 PM
Oh god I've never really met gypsies. But a lot of ppl who have lived near them compare it to living in a black neighborhood. You can bet she stole that camera after the photo was taken.
March 11, 2015, 04:34:09 PM
maku didn't say console games, just games, in general.
I never said that Maku said console games specifically. But non-iOS/Android etc. games (i.e. the ones that cost $50 instead of $1.99) probably have a lot more time spent playing them AKA lifestyle choice.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 11, 2015, 04:25:47 PM
I don't know about cell phone games on the train, but there is no way that girls are 50% of console gaming market. Treating BTC like money instead of a speculative investment is what could get BTC to have 50% of its users be women. The BTC market cap will absolutely never be 50% female though.

maku didn't say console games, just games, in general. I don't really use console games much. But I used NES and super NES growing up all the time, until computer games came out that were more fun. I still play computer games, but I also use my tablet for some games now too in my spare time. However, I don't really see why you're trying to split which games women are into like it matters.

I do think of Bitcoin more as money than speculative as it is. I've been getting paid in Bitcoin for work, and handing Bitcoin and Dogecoin out as prizes to others on CryptoInfinity. I just love transacting with it, because it's way easier and faster than trying to pay some stranger cash online.

Bitcoin speaks for itself.

The question do girls use Bitcoin has been answered, yes, and I'm sure most that use it, love it. Who wouldn't?

Do most girls use Bitcoin? No, but neither does most of the world right now. When most of the world uses it, more women will join in using it.
March 11, 2015, 04:24:55 PM
I've never even had BTC mentioned to me by anyone who isn't a male with an engineering degree.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
March 11, 2015, 04:17:04 PM
I only know of one girl that uses Bitcoin. She was online once. No timestamp tho. She could be a fake. :/
March 11, 2015, 04:06:33 PM
I don't know about cell phone games on the train, but there is no way that girls are 50% of console gaming market. Treating BTC like money instead of a speculative investment is what could get BTC to have 50% of its users be women. The BTC market cap will absolutely never be 50% female though.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
March 11, 2015, 04:00:37 PM
This past weekend there was a Bitcoin conference at MIT.  There were women on the panels and as moderators.  They knew Bitcoin inside out and were very very sharp, more so than most of us here.  I'm on my phone so it's a little difficult but you can easily find the videos.

Here's a long (almost 6 hours) video of the conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIgjogLipvk

Though people will continue to believe there are no women using Bitcoin, maybe they (men) like to believe they're the only ones using this forum, but they're not.
I have to resist the trend that women are oblivious to the reality around them. They are not. While women are definitely less in number in general on this forum or among bitcoin users for now it will change. It change as other things in the past changed for example video games gaming. In the past most gamers were only men now ratio is 50% or sometimes even more when I read latest charts. With bitcoin it will be the same.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 11, 2015, 03:49:31 PM
This past weekend there was a Bitcoin conference at MIT.  There were women on the panels and as moderators.  They knew Bitcoin inside out and were very very sharp, more so than most of us here.  I'm on my phone so it's a little difficult but you can easily find the videos.

Here's a long (almost 6 hours) video of the conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIgjogLipvk

Though people will continue to believe there are no women using Bitcoin, maybe they (men) like to believe they're the only ones using this forum, but they're not.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
March 11, 2015, 03:18:35 PM
This past weekend there was a Bitcoin conference at MIT.  There were women on the panels and as moderators.  They knew Bitcoin inside out and were very very sharp, more so than most of us here.  I'm on my phone so it's a little difficult but you can easily find the videos.
March 11, 2015, 02:51:07 PM
Cool. Maybe she will let you make a deposit sometimes
better everyday ♥
March 11, 2015, 02:48:08 PM
Would it do it for you if there wasn't a photo to go along with it?

Yea, that accent really gets my blockchain going...

Makes me wish there were more girls, excuse me women in Bitcoin.  There's a handful in prominent positions already like Elizabeth Ploshay, Perianne Boring, Arianna Simpson, and Connie Gallippi among others.
March 11, 2015, 02:39:21 PM
Would it do it for you if there wasn't a photo to go along with it?
Pages:
Jump to: