Pages:
Author

Topic: Do Hardware wallet Manufacturers Ship to PO Boxes or Not? - page 3. (Read 587 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
I can tell you that as of when *I* ordered both ColdCard keystone both DO deliver to PO boxes. OR at lest DID.

BUT, keep the following in mind.

1) I am US based so this might not apply to the rest of the world.
1a) That is probably a fair assumption in general that there may be different requirements for different places. Specifically if something is going though customs / requires a signature for delivery.

2) With keystone you either have to pay with BTC or have the PO box address on file with PayPal. A PO box is my default PP address and when I bought mine that is where it went.

3) ColdCard accepted whatever address I put in. Since we are the default office for un-deliverable things in my office building I often make up office numbers. i.e. STE 507 which is very impressive since the building only has 2 floors.... But, the point is that they do not do address verification like other places that will not let me make up office numbers.
3a) Which did turn into a disaster when the old building owner sub-divided some spaces and added 10 offices on the 2nd floor and it took a while for the post office / address verification databases to catch up.

4) Keystone is available through Amazon and they will deliver to Amazon lockers here in the US.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57962757

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
-   The support personnel of Coldcard and KeepKey weren’t sure exactly and couldn’t provide me with the correct information.   
I couldn't find anything for KeepKey, but here's a "tweet from Coldcard" that mentions they support shipping to P.O. Boxes on their Coinkite store.

For what it's worth, I'm glad Trezor finally partnered with a new shipping company to make this possible [it wasn't possible a few months back].
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
Ledger use BitPay? Ugh. Imagine completing BitPay's KYC requirements to buy a hardware wallet. What a ridiculous security risk.

BitBox02 is one of the best hardware wallet, but not just partially recommendable because it supports Address Ownership Proof Protocol (AOPP).
It doesn't just support it; the company which manufactures BitBox - Shift Crypto - created AOPP. I definitely don't want my hardware wallet manufacturer creating protocols which make it easier for the government to stick their noses in to my hardware wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I think we should not omit the fact that some hardware wallets are not totally recommendable.
This is not a recommendation to purchase any of the wallets in the table or any hardware wallet in general if you don't want to. It's just a list of some of the most-mentioned names in the space. Most people who will see this thread will surely have heard of SafePal even if it's in a negative context. Their quality, features, and reasons for existence are not the objective of this discussion.  

BitBox02 is one of the best hardware wallet, but not just partially recommendable because it supports Address Ownership Proof Protocol (AOPP).
Many companies introduced the infamous AOPP. They only changed their mind because the community reacted negatively.  
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
I think we should not omit the fact that some hardware wallets are not totally recommendable. Example is the Ledger Nano that does not much care about their customer's privacy, anyone that wants privacy may not still want go for such kind of wallet.

Another is SafePal. I am not surprised that SafePal is making use of SafePal Pay, just like Binance wants BUSD to be the dominant stable coin. But that is not the matter, the matter is that SafePal is the worst wallet among them, not recommendable nor advisable to be used. The wallet is completely close source, using close source mobile app, not support open source wallet like Electrum, but stuck with their app with little to almost no feature than to send and receive cryptocurrency.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Several hardware wallet manufacturers have suffered hacks and data leaks in the past. This trend might not stop, and I think we will also read similar stories in the future.

That’s why I decided to check with the most popular hardware wallet creators if they support shipping to PO boxes and payments with cryptocurrencies. I sent emails to their support to ensure I got the correct information.

You can check out the results in the table below:

|Brand|Shipping to PO Boxes?|Payments via Crypto?|
|BitBox|Yes, depends on country and courier.|Yes, BTC and LBTC via Crpyto.com Pay and BTCPay Server.|
|Blockstream Jade|Yes|Yes, BTC, LBTC, and USDt via BTCPay Server.|
|Coldcard|Yes|Yes, BTC.|
|Foundation Passport|Yes|Yes, BTC via BTCPay Server.|
|KeepKey|*Unknown|No|
|Keystone|No|Yes, via Coinbase Commerce and OpenNode.|
|Ledger|Yes, via regular mail. Not supported in USA.|Yes, via BitPay and Crypto.com Pay.|
|OneKey|Yes|Yes, via Coinbase Commerce and MixPay.|
|SafePal|No|Yes, via SafePal Pay.|
|Satochip|Yes|Yes, via Coinbase Commerce.|
|Trezor|Yes|Yes, BTC and LTC via Confirmo.net.|

* Support agents are unsure, don't have precise information, or info is not available on official sources.

11 hardware wallet manufacturers were contacted, and all of them replied back.

When it comes to shipping to PO boxes, these are the results:
-   7 companies support sending shipments to PO boxes. It’s important to mention that not all carriers will ship packages to PO boxes in all countries.
-   2 companies don’t ship to PO boxes.
-   The support personnel of Coldcard and KeepKey weren’t sure exactly and couldn’t provide me with the correct information.  

In terms of paying via crypto, all popular brands support crypto payments. It would be weird if they didn’t, but that wasn't the case a few years ago for some of them. KeepKey support told me they accept crypto payments, but I couldn’t find an option to pay with cryptocurrencies in their shop. Once I get more info, I will update the table and thread.

More brands can be added to OP. For now, I decided to focus on the most popular ones. If you want to see a particular wallet in the table, feel free to request it below, and I will try to add it.
Pages:
Jump to: