Pages:
Author

Topic: Do I have the wrong attitude? - page 2. (Read 3358 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1
May 28, 2011, 11:30:52 PM
I understand the risk I'm taking in doing so, but what I want to know is; am I looking at Bitcoin the wrong way? Should I see it as more than a way to make some money?

I don't know what objective criteria I have your telling you that a specific attitude is wrong. However, for whatever it's worth, I personally view Bitcoin as a worthy-cause in and of itself because it provides people with a new, arguably better, means of exchange and store of value.
Activity: 336
Merit: 254
CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)
May 28, 2011, 11:26:18 PM
Yes you really should, it depends if you care about your freedom, with bitcoin you can use your money however you like, there's no man in the middle, like the government, banks, or paypal to control it.
If you're going to use it as an investment, you will have a hard time, we're nowhere near the 21M block limit yet, the value of it could easily drop, or increase dramatically.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
May 28, 2011, 11:22:46 PM
I only found out about Bitcoins about a week ago, and while I realise the potential that they have, I see them strictly as an investment.

I'm 21 and am saving money to build a home within the next two years. After reading up on Bitcoins over the last few days, I plan to sink around $1000 into them. Then, when they reach a certain value, I plan to "cash out" and put the profit towards my home.

I understand the risk I'm taking in doing so, but what I want to know is; am I looking at Bitcoin the wrong way? Should I see it as more than a way to make some money?
Pages:
Jump to: