Pages:
Author

Topic: do i have to pay tax on bitcoins ? - page 5. (Read 27964 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 0
February 15, 2018, 04:49:57 AM
If they impose it then you should. It's better than facing a lot of charges one day.
Activity: 217
February 10, 2018, 11:10:42 AM
I guess, it depends on what country you from. different countries have different regulations.I know that there is no country where taxes are levied..
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
February 10, 2018, 02:32:31 AM
Currently, you do not pay taxes for bitcoin. But if governments have accepted bitcoin as an investment market, they may be able to control and collect taxes, but this is very difficult. Since this is a virtual currency market it is difficult to verify and tax someone
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
February 08, 2018, 06:05:33 AM
It is directly depends on what country do you live. If you live in Country, where Cryptocurrency is allowed (Switzerland for example), you should pay taxes from your income.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
February 07, 2018, 11:30:45 AM
Bitcoin could be viewed as a barter system-whereby you provide a product or service and get bit coin in exchange which you then spend on items or services you require. There are a number of barter exchange platforms around the world and generally these transactions are treated as normal taxable business transactions. BTC is not in itself taxed, but maybe this will change

You are right but there are countries who are not strict yet in imposing taxes in cryptocurrencies, paying tax when required is our responsibility since we want this crypto to be legal then we have to pay taxes, it is better rather than putting cyrpto in trash by our government right.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
February 05, 2018, 08:11:30 AM
Bitcoin could be viewed as a barter system-whereby you provide a product or service and get bit coin in exchange which you then spend on items or services you require. There are a number of barter exchange platforms around the world and generally these transactions are treated as normal taxable business transactions. BTC is not in itself taxed, but maybe this will change

Activity: 17
February 05, 2018, 05:55:23 AM
There is a long-term for bitcoin to spread around the world,to be exact, it is still difficult to spread in some Country.So I think it need a long time or will not need to pay tax.
Activity: 350
February 04, 2018, 09:58:48 AM
I think it depends on how the regulation and status of bitcoin legality in your country.
if in your country bitcoin legal and acknowledged as a tool of transactions or commodities, then it you mut should be a good citizen, you must report your assets and pay taxes.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
February 03, 2018, 08:22:24 AM
For me, i think it depends on what country you live in. I'm from Philippines so basically were paying tax for transaction fees.
Yes, but when it comes to Income tax we are not required as it is not in the law to pay tax that came from cryptocurrency earnings but they are working on it as this supposed to be taxed, If ever they will imposed tax on it make sure to pay. It is better to help our country from paying tax rather than giving them the reason to banned cryptocurrency in our country just like South Korea did.
That is correct, we have to do this for the sake of our country not only for us, don't give them the reason instead right? You are right that we should help our country as well as this could give a high impact in terms of our Economy when this happen that all of us will unite to pay. Just hoping that they would give a fair and just percentage of tax on it so it is not hard for us to pay.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
February 03, 2018, 08:18:34 AM
For me, i think it depends on what country you live in. I'm from Philippines so basically were paying tax for transaction fees.
Yes, but when it comes to Income tax we are not required as it is not in the law to pay tax that came from cryptocurrency earnings but they are working on it as this supposed to be taxed, If ever they will imposed tax on it make sure to pay. It is better to help our country from paying tax rather than giving them the reason to banned cryptocurrency in our country just like South Korea did.
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
February 02, 2018, 10:44:30 PM
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
January 28, 2018, 11:15:02 PM
If bitcoin is considered as an asset not a currency and the holder can gain from an increase in its value, then it is taxable by means of capital gains. Many tax officials in various governments around the world are also still debating whether the income that generated from bitcoin will be subject to income tax.
If there is a law in your country that requires you to pay tax in every transaction then you should follow it rather that going underground to avoid taxes.
Activity: 1
January 28, 2018, 05:56:55 PM
 Интepecyeшьcя кpиптoвaлютoй?
Зaгняни нa кaнaл @btcworld7
Toлькo caмыe интepecныe нoвocти кpиптoмиpa,paзoблaчeниe нeчecтныx кpиптo-кaнaлoв и пpoвepeннaя инфopмaция o cигнaлax и ICO пpoeктax.
https://t.me/btcworld7
Eдинcтвeнный в cвoeм poдe кaнaл - нa кoтopoм тoлькo кaчecтвeнный кoнтeнт.
Activity: 103
January 28, 2018, 05:11:08 PM
I think it depends on the country where you are a tax resident, but yes, generally you need to pay taxes on any lucrative investment you make or asset you own.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
January 28, 2018, 11:00:03 AM
Bitcoin was still decentralized and taxes was not yet applicable in any countries, I can't see or hear news regarding payment of taxes in every cashing out of bitcoin. Because if it is happen many people are boycotting regarding with that policy. Otherwise many investors were surely pull out their amount in crypto currency community. It's because I'm sure that computation of taxes will become not fairly to each users.
Activity: 283
January 28, 2018, 01:46:12 AM
When in the buy/sell transactions or investments there are profits, bitcoin then it is earnings that are subject to tax (PPh). Complies (System) self assessment, then the taxpayers the income reported in the mail Notification (SPT) annual tax and pay taxes, "
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
January 27, 2018, 10:16:21 PM
No we do not pay tax on bitcoin only the fee for transaction. The tax you have to pay to the government and this bitcoin is not held by the government and they have no control over the bitcoin content. This is a good part of bitcoin that you do not have to pay taxes. For me the bitcoin is illegal because it has no tax and there is no law regarding it. I just think
Activity: 1303
Merit: 128
January 26, 2018, 06:28:34 PM
Depending on what country you live on. My country doesnt require any tax on bitcoin, not just yet. On other countries, bitcoin is considered an investment or an asset more like a currency so they have to pay tax. If your government declared just like this one on bitcoin, you probably should pay taxes and have no choice but to obey.
Activity: 390
Merit: 157
January 25, 2018, 02:18:01 PM
so i wanna know do i realy have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do i have to care about any legal action by  gov on my bitcoin property ?

I think its based on what country you live in , I'm from Philippines so basically were paying tax for transaction fee nut i think we dont need to pay taxes , only transaction fees.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
January 24, 2018, 10:51:03 AM
Yes of course, since bitcoin is source of passive income it must be subjected in final tax or income tax. Aside from earning we should also consider to pay taxes for the benefit of all of us.
Pages:
Jump to: