Pages:
Author

Topic: Do I need KYC for generosity? - page 3. (Read 802 times)

Activity: 2408
Merit: 213
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 01, 2018, 04:09:23 PM
I am not agree using kyc in my own opinion how can make sure bounty participants gives true information sending legal documents identification are easy to copy paste and edit from the computer to use as kyc requirements.

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
December 01, 2018, 03:54:10 PM
Yes, I think that sometimes KYC is needed, but the requirements of KYC reach the point of absurdity! I give my data myself and sometimes I can hardly get through KYC
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy
November 30, 2018, 03:58:54 PM
Nowadays, the bounty hunters are becoming smart , they asked first if the project needs a kyc , so they have an option to join or not and so the campaign managers they are now very clear from the  beginning. It's a personal choice  I guess if you are willing to share your personal data and you are aware the risk.
you nee to be sire taht your economy and your money are safe so be careful there are many viruses right now
Activity: 252
EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy
November 30, 2018, 03:57:56 PM
Recently, more and more arguments have arisen that ICO generosity campaign participants really need to be tested by KYC in order for ICO teams to provide information that their tokens are distributed to specific people. In my opinion, this generally sounds like something stupid. Who and why should the ICO team provide such data? Tokens are not much different from any other product, and stating that merchants need to know who they are selling is stupid.
You welcome the situation when we go into the store and in order to purchase any product and we will be asked to first fill out a special form with your confidential data? Do you think that this is different from the situation with cryptocurrency?
this is a good question and i am not sure what am i supposed to answer sp i will gladly read somebody other s point of view
Activity: 364
jarvis.exchange
November 30, 2018, 03:56:08 PM
Nowadays, the bounty hunters are becoming smart , they asked first if the project needs a kyc , so they have an option to join or not and so the campaign managers they are now very clear from the  beginning. It's a personal choice  I guess if you are willing to share your personal data and you are aware the risk.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
November 30, 2018, 01:39:05 PM
Everything depends on each individual because there are people who argue that KYC is indeed needed in the Bounty program. So many fraudulent accounts can be reduced and can even be lost. But some people do not approve of this KYC procedure. Actually, it's easy, if you don't want KYC you can look for projects that don't exist KYC. Because there are still many good projects and don't use KYC.
This is the problem now that many ICO projects do not say anything about KYC verification or even deny it, and only when we have been doing our job for several months in the ICO signature campaign, then the ICO team says that it is necessary to pass the KYC verification. This is deception. If, under the terms of accession, they wrote that they would need a KYC check and immediately gave a link to its form, everything would be fair.
I do not live at the place of my registration and cannot submit documents confirming the fact of residence at the place of registration. There is no violation on my part. However, in these cases I cannot pass the KYC check. I have been working for several months in the ICO signature campaign, and then they declare to me that, because I cannot provide this document,
 I will not be paid earned tokens. Adherents of KYC, is that fair?
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
November 29, 2018, 11:24:58 PM
Everything depends on each individual because there are people who argue that KYC is indeed needed in the Bounty program. So many fraudulent accounts can be reduced and can even be lost. But some people do not approve of this KYC procedure. Actually, it's easy, if you don't want KYC you can look for projects that don't exist KYC. Because there are still many good projects and don't use KYC.
Yes, some people do not approve of Kyc, maybe because of the confidentiality of their documents. but is there a problem that has arisen because of the document we did to the project? I have not seen it yet. if you really don't like kyc, you can look for a project that doesn't require you. but I myself like Kyc, it makes cheating accounts manageable.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
November 29, 2018, 11:21:05 PM
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
November 29, 2018, 09:56:44 PM
Recently, more and more arguments have arisen that ICO generosity campaign participants really need to be tested by KYC in order for ICO teams to provide information that their tokens are distributed to specific people. In my opinion, this generally sounds like something stupid. Who and why should the ICO team provide such data? Tokens are not much different from any other product, and stating that merchants need to know who they are selling is stupid.
You welcome the situation when we go into the store and in order to purchase any product and we will be asked to first fill out a special form with your confidential data? Do you think that this is different from the situation with cryptocurrency?

Sometimes KYC is necessary to be done in order to take a part become a legit token holder in companies that paying you share or dividend.
But i don't think it is required for ICO companies that using only utility token to operates, weird if they want their project supporters to submit KYC.
If you are a hunter, then you must carefully choose a project to support if you don't want your KYC documents used by scam ICO companies.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
November 29, 2018, 05:48:15 PM
I believe that KYC requirement is mainly for protection of project founders from existing or future government regulations. Many ICOs originally never planned to require KYC from generosity campaigners but have to change rules for the same reason I already stated.
that what exact point and project founders don't want to ruined their project due to government regulation decisions on ico funding that's why ask kyc information and put country restrictions so they are safe and don't get any regulation problems later.
it is very important that all projects needed by KYC to maintain security and become a government decision, in selling ico investors will be happy with there kyc
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
November 29, 2018, 05:36:14 PM
As for me, I don't care about having the KYC for investors or for generosity campaigns. There is absolutely no need for KYC in any aspect of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
November 29, 2018, 05:26:42 PM

It is not a ICO " generosity" , it is ICO "Bounty" , stop using google translate! PLEASE.
If the project is emitting utility tokens ,then it ther is no legal basis for bounty token distrobution kyc if it is a security then it is a legitimate to ask.

Activity: 630
Merit: 250
November 29, 2018, 05:09:14 PM
do you mean a bounty campaign? For some campaigns, KYC  are required, and for some, not. There are a lot of factors on what it depends
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
November 29, 2018, 11:04:22 AM
I think that KYC is needed. See how many scammers in the tables, as well as double registrations. In good projects, I’m happy to go through the KYC, because I know that I’ll get what I’ve earned, but fraudsters do nothing)
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
November 29, 2018, 10:56:13 AM
Well in my opinion KYC would still be the best way to lessen up fake bounty hunters and this would maximize the tokens you could get since fake ones can not do KYC's except they have already planned it and know what to do and has back up plans.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
November 29, 2018, 10:46:07 AM
There are multiple causes for this ...

1. Some legit ICOs can use KYC to reduce the number of fake accounts trying to benefit their "generosity".
2. Some not-sure-if-legit-probably-no will sell the KYC info to the highest bidder.
3. Some bounty managers may use KYC to not pay for some work done.

All in all, since the ICO/bounty/airdrop is made my people you don't know and you are not sure about their intentions, it's safer to not give out your info so easy, since you may have nasty surprises later on.
Even if you'll lose a couple of easy bucks because of that.
right, actually I am still confused by the way they ask for kyc, and in my opinion it is not a problem if they can guarantee we will get a profit or at least guarantee a good project
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
November 29, 2018, 10:42:30 AM
I believe that KYC requirement is mainly for protection of project founders from existing or future government regulations. Many ICOs originally never planned to require KYC from generosity campaigners but have to change rules for the same reason I already stated.
that what exact point and project founders don't want to ruined their project due to government regulation decisions on ico funding that's why ask kyc information and put country restrictions so they are safe and don't get any regulation problems later.
Activity: 261
Merit: 5
https://www.doh.gov.ph/covid-19/case-tracker
November 29, 2018, 10:38:46 AM
I think they are just trying to be formal and do not want to sell their tokens to same people that's why they required KYC for people who buy to them and provide a limit . Doing also KYC is use for their promotions to be fair for everyone .
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
November 29, 2018, 10:38:34 AM
I'm not very good at this procedure at all, because you never know who you're giving your personal data to or if it's going to be confidential. There is no guarantee .
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
November 29, 2018, 10:37:37 AM
KYC is needed as material for documentation and administrative evidence of a project, and of course if the project is real, but if only fraud they only make it a cover for their lies
Pages:
Jump to: