Pages:
Author

Topic: Do Kwon arrested - page 3. (Read 1495 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
July 05, 2023, 10:48:20 AM
https://www.digitalasset.works/news/articleView.html?idxno=3271
"All 5,292 BTC (bitcoin) (approximately 217.6 billion won) were confirmed to have been withdrawn from a virtual asset wallet owned by Kwon Do Hyun, CEO of Terraform Labs (TFL), on July 3
digitalasset discovered data on the blockchain that 5292 BTC was transferred to an anonymous wallet that was never in the transaction history of CEO Kwon on July 23rd."
legendary
June 07, 2023, 08:59:22 AM
After Do Kwon's and his buddy first had their bail requests approved and then annuled (prosecutor ofc claimed that bail was too low) in the end they got them aproved again and should be released.

It still baffles me that they even allowed him bail after everything, let al;one setting that ridicolously low amount for something as rish as he is.

The Montenegro court handling Terra founder Do Kwon's passport forgery case has accepted his 400,000 euro ($428,000) bail request after a higher court annulled a previous approval, according to a Friday announcement.

In March, Kwon, along with former Terra executive Han Chang-joon, were arrested in Montenegro for allegedly attempting to travel with falsified documents. Authorities in South Korea had been searching for Kwon after his multi-billion dollar crypto enterprise collapsed in May last year. Since his arrest, both South Korea and the U.S. have requested Kwon's extradition to face criminal charges following his trial in Montenegro.

The basic court in the capital city of Podgorica had already approved a bail request from Kwon's lawyers for the same amount, but it was annulled after prosecution appealed the decision, and a higher court found that the first approval was not based on a sound assessment of the defendants' property based on "concrete evidence."
Do Kwon is accused of trying to "travel with fake documents." Formally, this is an adequate pledge for such a crime. The more time Do Kwon spends in Montenegro, the more benefits there will be for the country. But I'm sure that Do Kwon will look for another country to stay and run away from Montenegro.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
June 05, 2023, 04:25:01 AM
After Do Kwon's and his buddy first had their bail requests approved and then annuled (prosecutor ofc claimed that bail was too low) in the end they got them aproved again and should be released.

It still baffles me that they even allowed him bail after everything, let al;one setting that ridicolously low amount for something as rish as he is.

The Montenegro court handling Terra founder Do Kwon's passport forgery case has accepted his 400,000 euro ($428,000) bail request after a higher court annulled a previous approval, according to a Friday announcement.

In March, Kwon, along with former Terra executive Han Chang-joon, were arrested in Montenegro for allegedly attempting to travel with falsified documents. Authorities in South Korea had been searching for Kwon after his multi-billion dollar crypto enterprise collapsed in May last year. Since his arrest, both South Korea and the U.S. have requested Kwon's extradition to face criminal charges following his trial in Montenegro.

The basic court in the capital city of Podgorica had already approved a bail request from Kwon's lawyers for the same amount, but it was annulled after prosecution appealed the decision, and a higher court found that the first approval was not based on a sound assessment of the defendants' property based on "concrete evidence."
legendary
May 24, 2023, 08:36:39 AM
LOL. I told you that in Montenegro they will replenish the country's budget at the expense of Do Kwon's money. What do you think, what was the amount of the bribe to achieve such a "fair" court decision?
What will happen next? He will look for a more loyal country that will not extradite him and run away from Montenegro.

You don't know how this works.
Bitcoins will not go to state budget but directly to wallets of state officials.
Tell me how these things are done in Montenegro.
The official bail that the court appointed, I think, will be sent to the country's budget, but the amount of bribes in the form of money and cryptocurrencies may appear in the next criminal case. But this story should not end quickly.
If Do Kwon is arrested in another country, he will tell the police everything.
Activity: 73
Merit: 17
May 24, 2023, 04:41:09 AM
LOL. I told you that in Montenegro they will replenish the country's budget at the expense of Do Kwon's money. What do you think, what was the amount of the bribe to achieve such a "fair" court decision?
What will happen next? He will look for a more loyal country that will not extradite him and run away from Montenegro.

You don't know how this works.
Bitcoins will not go to state budget but directly to wallets of state officials.
legendary
May 13, 2023, 07:26:42 AM
Activity: 406
Merit: 140
May 13, 2023, 07:26:00 AM
It looks like Do Kwon (and his buddy who was arrested with him) will be released on $436k bail each, which is really peanuts for him. This is just ridicolous, guy was arrested while trying to flee the country using private jet and fake documents yet Montengero court still plans to set to release him.

https://www.theblock.co/post/230575/do-kwon-bail
With the news that the court has granted Do Kwon's bail request and placed him under house arrest.  He also promised to disclose this case as transparently as possible until the end of the trial procedure.  I felt that Do Kwon was cheated by other people but everyone thought Do Kwon was a cheat.  Now let's all give him some time to find the real scam.
legendary
May 12, 2023, 10:30:51 AM
@Rikafip, I read the news today, and I must say that I am not at all surprised by this decision, because this scammer did not come to this area by chance, but he knew very well that everything can be bought here with money, and quite cheaply. Apart from that, Montenegro does not have an extradition agreement with the US and South Korea, and Kwon claims that Costa Rica's passports are completely legal, and he asks for this to be checked because there is supposedly documentation that can prove it.

True, he didn't open company in Serbia for no reason and ended up hiding there, but I still don't think that Montenegro will just let him go to Costa Rica freely. Montenegro is west oriented country (they are in NATO, officials currency is euro and their goal is to enter EU) and I don't think they will dare to ignore US/South Korea request.

As for release, the authorities say that they will be housed in an apartment guarded by the police.
Yeah I saw it, that will definitely stop him if he decides to leave.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
May 12, 2023, 10:13:43 AM
@Rikafip, I read the news today, and I must say that I am not at all surprised by this decision, because this scammer did not come to this area by chance, but he knew very well that everything can be bought here with money, and quite cheaply. Apart from that, Montenegro does not have an extradition agreement with the US and South Korea, and Kwon claims that Costa Rica's passports are completely legal, and he asks for this to be checked because there is supposedly documentation that can prove it.

As for the release, the authorities say that they will be housed in an apartment guarded by the police.
legendary
May 12, 2023, 07:47:38 AM
It looks like Do Kwon (and his buddy who was arrested with him) will be released on $436k bail each, which is really peanuts for him. This is just ridicolous, guy was arrested while trying to flee the country using private jet and fake documents yet Montengero court still plans to set to release him.

https://www.theblock.co/post/230575/do-kwon-bail
legendary
May 10, 2023, 04:08:09 PM

I have a feeling that he will be extradited very soon.
And I read that he can spend another 6 months or more in a prison in Montenegro. Even the extradition of criminals from Europe to the United States can take a year or more.
And then the Montenegrin authorities will act according to the circumstances and try to keep such a rich scammer on their territory for as long as possible. My theory still has a right to exist until Do Kwon is extradited.

Not sure if that is the best move for the Montenegrin authorities. I mean what will they get from keeping Do Kwon in their prison? So it's better for them to really extradite him, it's just the question on who is going to get him first, US or South Korea? Both countries has made a official request already. So let's see, because it seems that they are keen on prosecuting Do Kwon first, forged documents and after he served his sentenced, he might be extradited.

S.Korea, US seeking extradition of crypto entrepreneur Do Kwon -Montenegro.
While Do Kwon is in prison in Montenegro, many important events can happen in the world. The US wants to take money from Do Kwon. If he does not give them back, he will be in prison for life. This is the rule of a strong country, which can dictate terms to other countries.

Not sure what important events though that might affect Montenegro to extradite or not to extradite Do Kwon to the US.

Of course, what's US after is the money that Do Kwon still have in his pocket, it's not that they are going to get it and confiscate for themselves, they will have to liquidate it as per the charges they have on him. Then once his assets has been liquidate then it could the claimants or the victims can get at least part of the money they've lost, I'm talking about US citizens here and not the totality of the victims, (there could be South Koreans and other nationalities for that matter).
Extradition from Montenegro can last more than a year, then another trial in the United States can also last a long time. The injured party then needs to prove the damage in order to receive compensation. Then the commission and the procedure for compensation for damage will be formed. Ordinary people will not receive anything or the services of lawyers will cost them more.

Yes and that's why US is really at the tail of Do Kwon because they want to pay compensation right away. And this is not the first time that US will exercise their extradition with Montenegro, there was a couple who fled to that country when they pull a scam for a $20 million fraud.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/fugitive-couple-extradited-united-states-montenegro-begin-prison-sentences-20-million-fraud

So for me, sooner or later Montenegro will extradite Do-Kwon in the States and then face the charges and liquid his assets to pay for all of his victims. Of course lawyers are going to be paid, that's part of their job. But Do-Kwon has a lot of assets and there could be more unravel in court proceedings.
20 million is a penny compared to what Do Kwon has. If Do Kwon is extradited to the US, he will face a long prison term. But American law is very very interesting.
If he agrees on cooperation and gives up the stolen assets and surrenders his accomplices, then he can serve a short term of 3-7 years in a good prison
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
May 07, 2023, 07:59:03 PM

And I read that he can spend another 6 months or more in a prison in Montenegro. Even the extradition of criminals from Europe to the United States can take a year or more.
And then the Montenegrin authorities will act according to the circumstances and try to keep such a rich scammer on their territory for as long as possible. My theory still has a right to exist until Do Kwon is extradited.

Not sure if that is the best move for the Montenegrin authorities. I mean what will they get from keeping Do Kwon in their prison? So it's better for them to really extradite him, it's just the question on who is going to get him first, US or South Korea? Both countries has made a official request already. So let's see, because it seems that they are keen on prosecuting Do Kwon first, forged documents and after he served his sentenced, he might be extradited.

While Do Kwon is in prison in Montenegro, many important events can happen in the world. The US wants to take money from Do Kwon. If he does not give them back, he will be in prison for life. This is the rule of a strong country, which can dictate terms to other countries.

Not sure what important events though that might affect Montenegro to extradite or not to extradite Do Kwon to the US.

Of course, what's US after is the money that Do Kwon still have in his pocket, it's not that they are going to get it and confiscate for themselves, they will have to liquidate it as per the charges they have on him. Then once his assets has been liquidate then it could the claimants or the victims can get at least part of the money they've lost, I'm talking about US citizens here and not the totality of the victims, (there could be South Koreans and other nationalities for that matter).
Extradition from Montenegro can last more than a year, then another trial in the United States can also last a long time. The injured party then needs to prove the damage in order to receive compensation. Then the commission and the procedure for compensation for damage will be formed. Ordinary people will not receive anything or the services of lawyers will cost them more.

Yes and that's why US is really at the tail of Do Kwon because they want to pay compensation right away. And this is not the first time that US will exercise their extradition with Montenegro, there was a couple who fled to that country when they pull a scam for a $20 million fraud.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/fugitive-couple-extradited-united-states-montenegro-begin-prison-sentences-20-million-fraud

So for me, sooner or later Montenegro will extradite Do-Kwon in the States and then face the charges and liquid his assets to pay for all of his victims. Of course lawyers are going to be paid, that's part of their job. But Do-Kwon has a lot of assets and there could be more unravel in court proceedings.
legendary
May 07, 2023, 08:38:27 AM

legendary
May 06, 2023, 07:46:43 PM

legendary
April 29, 2023, 11:58:13 AM

Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
April 29, 2023, 07:45:30 AM

The only thing that I can see that it can be expedited is the the US putting pressure on the government of Montenegro to hurry up on their cases against Do Kwon for falsifying documents just to be able to enter their territory.

And if that is the case then I see the US getting their hands and then the cases filed will go and move on. So it's a lose-lose for Do-Kwon although he can hire a good lawyer to defend him. It's even reported that he send money to his lawyer before the eventual collapse, so for sure he is preparing very hard to fight this one out.
legendary
April 28, 2023, 07:44:02 PM

legendary
April 28, 2023, 12:17:41 PM

legendary
April 27, 2023, 07:02:38 PM
^^ 8 counts to be exact, United States of America vs Do Kwon.

- Count One (Conspiracy to Defraud)
- Count Two (Commodities Fraud)
- Count Three (Securities Fraud)
- Count Four (Wire Fraud)
- Count Five (Conspiracy to Defraud and Engage in Market Manipulation)
- Count Six (Commodities Fraud)
- Count Seven (Securities Fraud)
- Count Eight (Wire Fraud)

I don't know how Do Kwon and his cohorts can win this case against the US States Attorney. And just imagine if Do Kwon and SBF are in the same jail facility, hehehe.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
April 27, 2023, 05:21:08 PM
https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cryptocurrency/23/04/31865172/do-kwons-lavish-serbian-hideaway-inside-the-crypto-magnates-secret-sanctuary
Serbian authorities have confiscated a €2 million luxury apartment in Belgrade where Terraform Labs founder Do Kwon sought refuge during a six-month pursuit, according to Serbian prosecutor Branko Stamenkovic.
__
This story has a big sequel. While Do Kwon is being held in a good prison in Montenegro for a fake passport, some of the money that will be useful for the budget of Montenegro will be taken from him. I am still sure that the authorities of Montenegro will not soon give the golden antelope to the USA or Korea.

Here is the official court documents by the US:

https://downloads.coindesk.com/legal/United_States_v_Kwon.pdf

So let's see if Montenegro will give him up to the US. There could be arrangements between the two though that could favor Montenegro in the end and US receiving Do Kwon and be officially charge by them.

Pages:
Jump to: