Pages:
Author

Topic: Do Not Attached Your Hardware wallets to your personal house/car keys - page 2. (Read 194 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 168
that's one of the worst things to attach your hardware wallet to, and no sane person would attach their hardware wallet to their keys or anything else that's easily forgotten. i don't know what made him confident enough to attach his hardware wallet to his keys, but hardware wallets should be kept in a safe place away from other objects. hopefully he has his private keys stored somewhere else, but i doubt he has a backup since he put a reward for finding his car keys.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
Yeah, it's a hardware wallet attached to the keys. If the owner doesn't have the private keys attached to it like a small taped paper on the back of it, he'd be fine. He has lost his car keys and then the hardware wallet.

He'd be able to take back his funds through his private keys if he's ever kept it somewhere else.

The actual keys probably are more important than the hardware wallet itself and that's why he's giving that kind of reward. If it's with the car key, he can always go to the dealer and asks for a duplicate if he has lost the duplicate as well.
Activity: 700
Merit: 673
I feel sorry for the person. Is the hardware wallet not supposed to be kept in a safe place and to be accessed whenever you are in need of it and want to spend some of the holdings inside?

Why will someone attach their hardware wallet to their car key holder? That's a crazy and stupid thing for anyone to do to start with; it's like calling people to come see where you have your holdings.

Aside from losing the key by mistake, there are also possible scenarios of theft. It's easier to forcefully take that from you and force the person to open it.

I hope he finds the it's and learns from his mistake; otherwise, his holdings will gladly be accepted as another donation to the Bitcoin community.
Activity: 168
Merit: 138
cout << "Bitcoin";

Even without saying much, I believe the image above has passed the right message/information as stated in the title. I recently came across this image on X formally called Twitter, with a caption "Keep your private keys separate from your car keys". It's clearly a situation of a missing bunch of keys with an attached hardware wallet.The victim might not have thought that a day would come when he/she would misplace his/her keys

I have seen real life scenario where people tend to attach so many things to their keys. The reason most people tend to do this is their mistaken belief that keys can hardly be misplaced. Just imagine someone offering over $10K to anyone who can find the keys, then you can imagine how much is on that hardware device.

Don't think this is a joke of something, as it can happen to anyone who use similar method. I hope we all learn from this person's mistake to avoid becoming the next victim of such situation.

Keep your Bitcoin safe.
And don't forget to Keep your device safe as well.

X(Twitter) source: https://x.com/BitcoinNewsCom/status/1809554110330327265?t=-fL6oP4KTnWifaFuZjgevg&s=09
Pages:
Jump to: