Pages:
Author

Topic: Do only crypto payments cost customers? - page 2. (Read 316 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588
July 20, 2020, 06:42:03 AM
I pay for a couple of recurring costs using bitcoin. It is a hassle compared to fiat to remember these subscriptions and to pay before they run out. I always opt to pay for 6 months or 12 months at a time so I don't have to remember to make the transaction every month and risk by subscription running out if I forget, if I'm too busy, if the mempool is full, etc. I also usually get a discount for paying in bulk, so it works out in my favor as well.

If the only option was a monthly subscription, then I'd probably opt to use fiat since I can just "set and forget" the payment and not have to manually pay it every month.

It also depends on whether the service in question is something I am comfortable letting know my name and bank details, or whether I am comfortable my bank knowing that I am paying for it. If privacy is at all important, then I would opt for bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
July 20, 2020, 06:30:22 AM
I'd do Paypal. I'm sure most people here would rather get rid of their fiat than their BTC.

You'd also find that subscriptions would fall away in no time at all if you were crypto only.

Many, many services make a big chunk of their money from users being too lazy to cancel their subscriptions. With crypto you'll be asking customers to weigh up whether they need the service every single time they send the payment.

If the service has wide appeal you're also crippling your potential market by not accommodating the conventional route.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
July 20, 2020, 06:25:13 AM
I have an idea and I am thinking of developing a paid service out of it. I would like to accept only crypto as a means of payment but I am not sure if most people would accept this. Therefore I would like to do a short survey.

Suppose you have $1000 on your Paypal account and $1000 in Bitcoin and you would subscribe to the service for $10 a month. Would you prefer to pay in Paypal or Bitcoin (no matter what kind of service it is)?
Pages:
Jump to: