Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we care why people were banned? - page 2. (Read 338 times)

Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
November 06, 2022, 10:59:54 AM
For me idc, We didn't know each other here personally which means I don’t have any interest on further details on why the user get banned unless he post request to unban and explain his defense or the user is prominent/well known here. But I will not be interested if the banned user is just some random guy that saw when I browse random thread.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1359
November 06, 2022, 10:47:22 AM
On many of the other forums I participate in, there is some kind of notification about banned accounts in the profile information.

This is an important feature to me, as I want to know whether a person is banned or not while I'm browsing through posts and participating in a discussion. It can be as simple as a red flag that displays next to their name, or it could be something more subtle. I see no such thing here. Sure, we have a BPIP extension, but it is not a standard part of the forum and I do not know how many people know about it. I think it should be a standard part of the profile information, similar to how banned users have BANNED next to their names when using the BPIP extension.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
November 06, 2022, 10:29:22 AM
Perhaps if such behaviour spreads and becomes a regular way to spread malwares, once the account is banned, the collection of links posted by the account becomes unclickable. This would be a simpler and easier solution, but are such practices common?

Accounts are directly banned due to spreading malware so most of those who spread it are newbie accounts with limited posts.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
November 06, 2022, 08:43:22 AM
do people care why other users were banned?
Sometimes, for instance when I think the ban was a mistake.

Does anyone think that the reasons for banning should be made public and shown on every post they made?
No. The banned users don't even get to see the exact reason, it would just be extra work for the Mods.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 06, 2022, 08:25:06 AM
Just a random thought, but do people care why other users were banned?
Was reading a post and noticed the OP was banned, didn't really dig though their posts but did wonder what happened.

Does anyone think that the reasons for banning should be made public and shown on every post they made?

The reason behind it is users like this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/darkhunter04-199736

Their account was most likely compromised and posting links to malware:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=199736

However, in many sections of the forum trust is not shown. You are just seeing activity / merit / posts.
So if instead of just posting 1 malware link and getting banned for it, the person who compromised that account could go back through the older posts and change / add links to malware or whatever. Yes the reported posts are removed, but what about the ones made a while ago.

Yes, it's a forum we are not you mom, people should know better then to just blindly click on links. But, still if you see an old post that is still up from a long term member you are more likely to click on it.

Just a thought.

-Dave
Pages:
Jump to: