Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we have a full-fledged crypto currency market? - page 2. (Read 205 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
The traditional markets don't act much different though.

When a large economy such as the US or China fall into recession, other markets around the globe are affected as well. When a small economy falls into recession, their impact on the global players is usually negligible.

To make matter worse, while Bitcoin is already speculation, alts are for the most part speculation on top of speculation, making it hard for them to stand on their own. That is to say, the "peculiarities of the development" of individual alts are in most cases not relevant enough to cause any sustainable impact beyond the initial hype and trying to get rich quick. Put differently, most alts simply lack the trust, technical foundation and innovation for long term growth. While Bitcoin has gained a lot of trust during the years, many alts are still more of a gamble than anything else.

Btw, what do you mean by "pricing policy"?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
We all know that most coins and tokens have a price dependence on bitcoin. We have seen how the whole market fell after the December drop in the bitcoin rate, while the market almost froze for four months. I believe that so far we do not have a full-fledged crypto currency market. It will be only when the price growth or fall of each coin or token will be determined by the peculiarities of the development of the individual project of this crypto currency, and not by the state of bitcoin at the given time. Each coin or token must have its own pricing policy. Until this happens, we can assume that we do not have a full-fledged crypto-currency market. And how do you feel about this?

This is not a feature unique to the cryptocurrency market. Even in the stock market, individual stocks have dependence on the overall growth/fall of the overall market. The extent to which individual stocks are correlated to the overall market is called beta. There are very few stocks which are totally independent, with zero beta.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
there is bitcoin then there is this small adjoining market called altcoin market where people still use for their bitcoins (to increase their bitcoin wealth) this is why we only have one market and that is bitcoin. anything else is just a byproduct and will depend on the bitcoin's movements.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
We all know that most coins and tokens have a price dependence on bitcoin. We have seen how the whole market fell after the December drop in the bitcoin rate, while the market almost froze for four months. I believe that so far we do not have a full-fledged crypto currency market. It will be only when the price growth or fall of each coin or token will be determined by the peculiarities of the development of the individual project of this crypto currency, and not by the state of bitcoin at the given time. Each coin or token must have its own pricing policy. Until this happens, we can assume that we do not have a full-fledged crypto-currency market. And how do you feel about this?

And you even wonder why the fall of prices bitcoin fell all the other coins?
Because a number of large companies banned advertising ISO
Then the ban on advertising crypto currency in social networks
From here, there was a decline in all of the Crypto currency
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
Yes, this is still one of the biggest problems of the crypto currency and at the same time its biggest drawback. Now there are almost no free prices for altcoyins. Most of them depend on the price of bitcoin and this is very bad. I do not even know yet how to remove such price dependence on bitcoin. Perhaps over time the crypto-currency market will become more mature and this dependence will be less evident.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 225
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Pages:
Jump to: