Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we have a universal wallet? - page 2. (Read 1447 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 29, 2017, 08:22:17 PM
A universal wallet can cost you all what you have if lost or hacked.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
August 29, 2017, 05:38:44 PM
We sadly don't, it requires a lot of work to implement support for other coins in a wallet. If you own many different coins, it may become a hassle to deal with. I'd suggest you creating a shortcut of every wallet in a separate folder on your desktop, and rename them to whatever coin it handles (not the name of the wallet as it can be confusing).
Activity: 562
Merit: 250
August 29, 2017, 01:58:57 PM
Do we have a universal wallet that we can use to any bitcoin and alcoins?
Well, I think there is no universal wallet but there are may wallets that you can use to keep bitcoin safe and secure. In addiiton to that, you can also use hardware wallet or cold storage to keep your bitcoin safe and you need to install it to your computer. Lastly,  I hope there will be universal wallet.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
August 29, 2017, 01:17:57 PM

I wish! Unfortunately, no. If you want to use a bunch of different altcoins and tokens you will need to download the respective wallet clients for each one, which can be a pain but that is how it is.

It would be nice if there was a universal crypto wallet that could hold every coin/token. Oh well.

There is no perfectly working universal wallet, but there are projects trying to achieve this. Take a look at bitquence, they have this sort of like concept.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
August 29, 2017, 01:07:59 PM

There are several sites which allow multiple coins deposits but all of them are either exchanges or web wallets.
Such sites are not recommended if you wanna hold coins for long as you aren't true owner in case. Better use dedicated wallets as launch by concern cryptocurrency to hold coins.
Activity: 448
August 29, 2017, 01:00:23 PM
You can store bitcoin and some other altcoin in coinnomi but not all altcoin in existence. The number of altcoin is too large so that kind of universal wallet is impossible. You can try to buy vps and put your wallets there if there's not enough space on your pc.
staff
Activity: 3038
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
August 29, 2017, 12:56:55 PM
There are quite a number of companies which created wallets that are capable of storing multiple crypto-currency in it, but most of this wallets are just for storing the coins and doing transactions, It would be good to have a universal wallet that would allow users to easily buy and sell multiple altcoins.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
August 29, 2017, 10:21:05 AM

if it is for android phone wallet, then i am suggesting to use coinomi (https://coinomi.com), coinpayment (https://www.coinpayments.net) and jaxx (https://jaxx.io). but coinomi and coinpayment have a lots of coins inside the wallet. jaxx can also use for computer by downloading the software.

i am not recommend to save your coins in exchanges because we need to safe our coins from attackers. beside that, if we are saving our coins in private wallet, we are holding for a long term and waiting the price is increase.
Activity: 95
August 29, 2017, 08:27:41 AM
really i dont think so but in the the future will be foun ur order
Activity: 1162
Merit: 450
August 29, 2017, 07:46:39 AM
there is no one wallet which support bitcoin and all other altcoins.there are some wallets which you can use for bitcoin and some popular altcoin.if you use smartphone then download coinomi from play store or apple store which is safe and tested wallet.if you use windows then go for Exodus wallet.if supports some popular coins like dash,ethereum,litecoin and more.

Yes, There is none as of the moment. If ever there are hardware wallet that support only few coins. But, if there is a universal wallet, then its a good idea of having an all-in-one wallet.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
August 29, 2017, 07:43:10 AM
Best I know are the exchanges, if you are talking about small amounts then it shouldn't be a problem to keep them on a exchange. That's the easiest way to store all altcoins in pace. As fsr as know I don't think there is any single wallet that allows you to have access to multiple altcoins which private keys.

Just to add more information to the readers on this, while exchanges do support a big number of altcoins, it's just simply very unsafe to store your cryptocurrencies on exchanges. Exchanges are always a target for hackers as the profit they can get when successfully hacking an exchange will be very big. Don't let history repeat itself. Read: Bitfinex hack | Mt. Gox hack
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
August 29, 2017, 07:29:56 AM

Just remember a HIGH and RANDOM number in the range of 1048
(Not 182734 and not 12345678901234567890... etc,
You can always use this to calculate your private key.
Activity: 108
August 29, 2017, 07:21:42 AM
there is no one wallet which support bitcoin and all other altcoins.there are some wallets which you can use for bitcoin and some popular altcoin.if you use smartphone then download coinomi from play store or apple store which is safe and tested wallet.if you use windows then go for Exodus wallet.if supports some popular coins like dash,ethereum,litecoin and more.
Activity: 252
August 29, 2017, 07:09:13 AM
As far as I know there is none at the moment. However, I think there are some wallets who supports and accepts multiple cryptocurrencies, but not all. In fact, in my country, only Bitcoin is being accepted by the most used wallet in the country. And with that, it makes Bitcoin something that dominates the market. However, the idea is also good of this. It would be convinient to many if there will be a wallet thst accepts all currencies not only the cryprocurrencies, but also the real currencies one. It is not actually hard to do since the rates can be applied there as well.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 529
August 18, 2017, 01:04:10 AM
Best I know are the exchanges, if you are talking about small amounts then it shouldn't be a problem to keep them on a exchange. That's the easiest way to store all altcoins in pace. As fsr as know I don't think there is any single wallet that allows you to have access to multiple altcoins which private keys.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
August 18, 2017, 12:27:13 AM
There are several wallets which can store multiple coins at a time but there isn't any such universal wallet which can store bitcoin with every altcoin, there are more than thousand cryptocurrencies in the market and day by day many new cruptocurrencies are emerging in the market  so it would be somehow difficult to make such complex wallet which support all type of coins.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
August 17, 2017, 11:47:06 PM
I think you are talking about multicoin wallet, if yes than there are many such wallets which we can use to store multiple altcoins along with bitcoin in one wallet. One of my favorite is jaxx, some of the other similar wallets are exodus, freewallet, coinomi etc.

Jaxx gives complete control over our crypto so I love them.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
August 17, 2017, 11:40:48 PM
Not a universal but multiwallet which hold different cryptocurrency assets. there's wallet providers that supports both btc and other altcoin like exodus, jaxx, and I've heard of holytransaction as well.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
August 17, 2017, 11:35:24 PM
There was a wallet for BTC and ETH at the same time but I've heared that is is centralized and someone was scammed by it's developers so be carefull while choosing a wallet Smiley
Also due to youtube overview different hardware wallets also support at least BTC + ETH. That would be a safer choice.
Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
August 17, 2017, 11:13:35 PM
I wish that we may have a universal wallet to all cryptocurrency. But, it may have a bad side. well, since its a universal wallet it's centralized but, still it may always depend on the developer on that kind of wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: