Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we need 100 Billions capacity? - page 2. (Read 4837 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 23, 2014, 12:04:55 PM
Cap it for now.

The cap differentiates it from Doge.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 23, 2014, 11:55:47 AM
Cap it. This shouldn't even be a debate.
Activity: 127
February 23, 2014, 11:27:11 AM
Please cap this coin if for no other reason than to differentiate it from DOGE.  A cute icon and community that appears to be hooked on happy pills is not enough.  You've got to be different now, and the cap is the only way.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcointalk.org
February 23, 2014, 11:17:57 AM
What if gold and diamond were abundantly available ? It would lose its value .

Hence its your call , you either want your coins to be just another alt coin worth shit or a really good scrypt coin which has the capacity to be of high value

you are mistaking the absence of a cap for 'abundantly available' ... new gold and diamonds are found every day - and they are still valuable... a coin can have a small new amount to mine forever and it would be ok, as there will be lost coins along the way

You sir are the reason why gold prices shoot up and will continue to go up. Gold isn't like turn big brothers data center on, it requires work. Not what we give them for free (like this hahaha)

People die over that shit. Blood and tears go a long way to value.

If you think you can get diamonds easy you should look into Africa. GL

please show me EXACTLY where I said anything about 'easy' at all
I'm the reason gold prices go up??? lmao... you are a f-ing idiot
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
February 23, 2014, 08:35:35 AM

Hence its your call , you either want your coins to be just another alt coin worth shit or a really good scrypt coin which has the capacity to be of high value

you are mistaking the absence of a cap for 'abundantly available' ... new gold and diamonds are found every day - and they are still valuable... a coin can have a small new amount to mine forever and it would be ok, as there will be lost coins along the way

You sir are the reason why gold prices shoot up and will continue to go up. Gold isn't like turn big brothers data center on, it requires work. Not what we give them for free (like this hahaha)

People die over that shit. Blood and tears go a long way to value.

If you think you can get diamonds easy you should look into Africa. GL
Activity: 350
Bitcointalk.org
February 23, 2014, 08:13:07 AM

Activity: 266
February 23, 2014, 05:35:40 AM
economists will say you inflation is goodthink remember some flabs have some erosion and got lost its very ideal not cap it.
Activity: 182
February 23, 2014, 05:33:03 AM
with no cap, price will not increase. It is better to set a cap.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
February 23, 2014, 05:19:09 AM
A hard cap is not needed in my eyes, I think a soft cap is what is needed, like bitcoin the reward for each block should diminish but eventually reach a capped low price say 50Flap, to compensate miners for continuing to support the blockchain keeping it secure.

This soft cap would keep miners mining and securing the network and would mitigate the lost coins due to dead hard drives.

Edit: Basically I don't ever want to see 1Trillion active coins on the market, something around 100billion would be fine, any more and I don't see to much value ever being attributed to them.
Activity: 471
February 23, 2014, 05:00:11 AM
Doge removes cap, Doge dies.

The complete opposite my friend, this is what will save doge from the rest of the coins.

Yes, even BTC, LTC. Mark my words.
I agree. Though I'm no expert.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 23, 2014, 04:37:49 AM

Activity: 1428
Merit: 538
February 23, 2014, 02:16:38 AM
The spirit of the digital coin is the cap has a limit.
Activity: 167
February 22, 2014, 01:04:39 AM
Must be limited, Must!!!
Activity: 539
February 22, 2014, 12:44:07 AM
Make the coin limited and rare otherwise its worthless
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
February 22, 2014, 12:40:58 AM
Rarity=value

Rarity = Commodity.

See, as of the current time's why inflation happens --

1) Price of critical for survival things (like food, energy, water, etc...) increase.
2) People demand for a higher salary, the salary increases slowly.
3) Forex prices drop cause the money in circulation increases <-------- inflation.

So it all starts with 1), in response to 1) the monetary authority of the country increases the money supply to give partial relief to the people.

This's the classic model. In Bitcoin model (assuming Bitcoin is the de-facto currency, which has more value than the national currency), the salaries will never increase cause the no. of Bitcoins is limited; putting pressure on the people to survive at a higher cost of living.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
February 22, 2014, 12:38:46 AM
Inflation is good, Bitcoin is fail.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-is-a-commodity-not-a-cryptocurrency-440579

If there's a cap, Beecoin dies.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
February 22, 2014, 12:31:24 AM

DOGE HAS NO CAP THE SOLD IT LIKE ONE STRAIGHT UP AND NOW THEY USE WORDING IN 1.5YEAR! ASK WHAT THE 10.5year OS IS or 20!

Is this English?

Edit: Oh, I remember, you're the guy who said in that other thread, "I still think we should make a AIDS Coin to kill off all the alt coin homos". Nevermind then.

*face palm*

Tired what can I say. I can't even defend that one Tongue AIDS coin lol or Gaycoin and force them to accept it!
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Hey yo!
February 21, 2014, 10:07:18 PM
Keep the Flap Cap.
Activity: 137
February 21, 2014, 10:03:50 PM

DOGE HAS NO CAP THE SOLD IT LIKE ONE STRAIGHT UP AND NOW THEY USE WORDING IN 1.5YEAR! ASK WHAT THE 10.5year OS IS or 20!

Is this English?

Edit: Oh, I remember, you're the guy who said in that other thread, "I still think we should make a AIDS Coin to kill off all the alt coin homos". Nevermind then.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
February 21, 2014, 09:25:31 PM
What is the current vote? If we may ask or is it a secret lol
Pages:
Jump to: