Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we need an ICO regulation? - page 3. (Read 1848 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
June 17, 2017, 08:33:55 AM
No we need a good platform to vet and present ICO's accurately to the community...

Conveniently CFI hits the exchanges on Monday (https://cofound.it/)  Cool
Activity: 658
Merit: 255
June 17, 2017, 08:33:21 AM
I think icos should be investigated carefully by some users in the forum but the truth that scam are not really good, just people are stupid.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
June 17, 2017, 08:27:26 AM
We need a rules or something to prevent us from being scammed there are already so many victim scammed by ICO but we don't need someone or organisation or anyone to regulate the coin, because the idea of using the coin is to not let anyone control or supervised the user, so the user really can feel the advantage of decentralisation

I'm telling when I read these zombie posts it's like they hate to be free. I don't know what's wrong with them.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
June 17, 2017, 08:18:05 AM
We need a rules or something to prevent us from being scammed there are already so many victim scammed by ICO but we don't need someone or organisation or anyone to regulate the coin, because the idea of using the coin is to not let anyone control or supervised the user, so the user really can feel the advantage of decentralisation
June 17, 2017, 07:59:26 AM
After so many projects going scam the Investors or just dying before launch anything, I start think about this. I believe a project that want to raise huge funds should be backed by something big too. I know most of ICO doesn't have enough money to start the project and release announcement of their ICO with almost free money (there's website hosting payment and or copy-writers fees).

There's no guarantee for the Investors the project will ends well or the funds can be repay if something about fail gonna happen. Even they use escrow for fund, I don't think it safe because most of them using escrow that we don't really know.
We can't see people lose their money anymore. We need a trusted company or an organization with trusted people behind its to be a regulator. So every company should register their project, introduce the team (decentralized project doesn't have to be anonymous), office address (at least we know the place even if it's just a garage). And after that, the regulator decide to approve or reject. If it approved, they can make their Ann thread in this forum with regulator "approved sign".

Well it's just an opinion. It's all back to you guys to speculate money in crypto world.

My opinion is that ICO need a measure of regulation. We cannot in the pretext of decentralization throw everything to caution. Peoples resources and emotions are involved so it has to conform to some laid down rules. It must not be Government control. But there should be control.

How about I control my money not you or a group or whomever. I ! That's freedom. You regulating me (or whoever) is tyrany. Get it! Now if you can't stand to loose money to the scam artist don't invest with the scam artist! I hate scam artist they are devil lovers but I'm not for regulating my option to loose my money to them! I want to be free and I want you to leave me alone!
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 17, 2017, 07:54:01 AM
After so many projects going scam the Investors or just dying before launch anything, I start think about this. I believe a project that want to raise huge funds should be backed by something big too. I know most of ICO doesn't have enough money to start the project and release announcement of their ICO with almost free money (there's website hosting payment and or copy-writers fees).

There's no guarantee for the Investors the project will ends well or the funds can be repay if something about fail gonna happen. Even they use escrow for fund, I don't think it safe because most of them using escrow that we don't really know.
We can't see people lose their money anymore. We need a trusted company or an organization with trusted people behind its to be a regulator. So every company should register their project, introduce the team (decentralized project doesn't have to be anonymous), office address (at least we know the place even if it's just a garage). And after that, the regulator decide to approve or reject. If it approved, they can make their Ann thread in this forum with regulator "approved sign".

Well it's just an opinion. It's all back to you guys to speculate money in crypto world.

My opinion is that ICO need a measure of regulation. We cannot in the pretext of decentralization throw everything to caution. Peoples resources and emotions are involved so it has to conform to some laid down rules. It must not be Government control. But there should be control.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
June 17, 2017, 07:20:50 AM
Crypto is inherently decentralised so I don't think regulations would work. It's just buyers beware

I agree with you. The buyer should be aware of the scam risks of an ICO project. Any regulations from the government or other community will cause centralized issues.
Yes, if have a regulation in ICO, I think it look like as IPO and we not need invest to ICOs! Interesting point in ICO is not have regulation and fastest, not need more time in crowdsale. Maybe, when invest to an ICO, we need see this project have escrow and is really or not! This is very important when investing to an ICO!
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
June 17, 2017, 06:38:02 AM
Crypto is inherently decentralised so I don't think regulations would work. It's just buyers beware

I agree with you. The buyer should be aware of the scam risks of an ICO project. Any regulations from the government or other community will cause centralized issues.
Activity: 406
June 17, 2017, 06:28:57 AM
Defintelly not. This model allows 'normal' people to make money.
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
June 17, 2017, 06:06:22 AM
No we don't need government regulation in Crypto or ICO. Most importantly no one government can regulate is because of its decentralization and global nature. yes many people are getting scammed and will get scammed but as technology and ecosystem matures it will be more regulated itself. Do you remember .com boom? Many people lost fortune though it was well regulated and most small investors was kept out of reach. Now look back those who survive the bubble burst made 1000X and ever hundreds of 1000X or their initial investment.
It's not government, why it's should be government to regulate everythings? Let's say it's from the private sector. Collaborate of some familiar name of crypto world.

Regulation will make it hard for small investors to participate and make money. If ICO's had been regulated a lot of small people would not be rich now.
Regulation kills things and makes good deals only available to people who are already rich

Regulation is not for the investors, it is to regulate the projects that deserve to write Ann thread for their ICO / crowdsale. So whoever the Investors, whale or ant, they can safe to deposit their fund.
legendary
Activity: 1190
June 17, 2017, 03:56:38 AM
Most of the really good, high risk deals in the share market are only available to "qualified" investors. Small fish are prohibited.

that has been one of the wonderful things about crypto. Hedge funds mostly missed out and small fish have done very well
legendary
Activity: 1190
June 17, 2017, 03:54:33 AM
Regulation will make it hard for small investors to participate and make money. If ICO's had been regulated a lot of small people would not be rich now.
Regulation kills things and makes good deals only available to people who are already rich
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 17, 2017, 02:49:47 AM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 17, 2017, 02:27:24 AM
I think its a great idea but one that will be hard to get off the ground because they would have to convince the ICO's to use their regulation service in the first place.

Crypto is going to remain the wild west for quite some time and that means people will need to do more of their own due diligence despite a lack of expertise in the matter as unfortunate as that is.
June 17, 2017, 02:08:30 AM
The government is a scam, why would you want them to manage the ICO. I would rather decide who is a scam and who is not as a free man, then a regulated man. Free is better then regulated! The reason people think that is a lie is because they hate freedom and demand they be regulated. Not me, leave me alone!
Activity: 172
June 17, 2017, 02:00:32 AM
No we don't need government regulation in Crypto or ICO. Most importantly no one government can regulate is because of its decentralization and global nature. yes many people are getting scammed and will get scammed but as technology and ecosystem matures it will be more regulated itself. Do you remember .com boom? Many people lost fortune though it was well regulated and most small investors was kept out of reach. Now look back those who survive the bubble burst made 1000X and ever hundreds of 1000X or their initial investment.
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
June 17, 2017, 01:55:40 AM

Pages:
Jump to: