Pages:
Author

Topic: Do We Owe Falllling an Apology? - page 3. (Read 3949 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
November 19, 2014, 06:32:52 PM
I don't think he was banned for being bearish.

I think it probably had more to do with spamming the forum with numerous unnecessary threads about the same thing.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 19, 2014, 06:13:55 PM
I'm sure you all remember this fellow. I think he joined in the spring of this year at a time when most posters here felt that we were firmly in a "bubble cycle" and we'd see another huge rally sometime in July or August. Something about a "237 day cycle". He countered those claims and told us that there would be no rally, and instead, prices would be steadily falling over the coming months, until we hit "final capitulation". We all balked, and told him he was a "troll". Eventually, he was banned for some reason. I guess because the mods even came on board and declared him a "troll" for being too negative.

But... it turns out he was right.

I actually joined with my username simply to lampoon him, but even I admit, he was absolutely right. I mean, who expected in November 2013 that prices one year later would actually be lower? Everyone was aboard the choo choo train, and he was telling us all along we were fools.

Can we somehow undo his ban and bring him back? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have some voices of reason around here? I'm just saying, maybe it's good to have some critique around here instead of hundreds of people championing the same platitudes over and over again?
Pages:
Jump to: