Pages:
Author

Topic: Do We Really Want a More Decentralized Version of Facebook? - page 2. (Read 371 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148
The problem is that corporations like google and facebook together with governments are generaly in charge or todays internet and it seems like they are not interesting in providing more privacy and decentralization. Such global changes should be implemented from their side. Otherwise, all new private services would be banned or simply won't handle the competition with corporations.
No one would allow you to make a private internet.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
The fact that Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and others are clamping down on free speech, shows that the Left is on it's last legs, taking its final stand.

How old are any of the above? Twenty years? Already there are many apps that are doing the same as these big brave leaders. Soon they will become defunct, because they won't be able to keep up with the decentralized alternatives.

Amazon is banning books.

Cool
Activity: 268
Merit: 10
We definitely do want a more decentralized internet and social platforms. The fact that our personal data has become an asset to many is really backwards. I also think that the more centralized something becomes the less we have to think for ourselves. Look at China.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
https://www.forbes.com/sites/yoavvilner/2019/05/08/a-distributed-internet-what-is-it-good-for/#130eb4384bae

I found this article a fascinating read. Discussing topics and projects that can help make the internet more private and decentralized. I even like the idea  of owning your own domain on the blockchain which would be controlled directly by the owner instead of being censored.

All hopeful things to see in the near future. Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: