Pages:
Author

Topic: Do You Accept Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 19678 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
October 07, 2010, 02:25:40 PM
I'm a happy LastPass subscriber... and I hate to say it, but they're right.  At this point there's no way the average consumer will use Bitcoin, even via a website like mybitcoin.com.

I think it will be a few years before bitcoin and bitcoin-related services are reliable and trustworthy enough for the average consumer.  Don't get me wrong, I think bitcoin is a fantastic idea and has a good chance of being Really Important, but it is going to take a long for it to get accepted as a viable alternative to other payment solutions.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
October 07, 2010, 02:09:07 PM
Response from LastPass
There's no way our average customer is going to download a P2P app to pay - they want to do everything in the browser. We have a hard enough time just getting people to use PayPal.

You should point out that no downloads are required with http://www.mybitcoin.com/
Activity: 574
Merit: 507
October 07, 2010, 01:54:51 PM
Response from LastPass
There's no way our average customer is going to download a P2P app to pay - they want to do everything in the browser. We have a hard enough time just getting people to use PayPal.
October 06, 2010, 11:49:50 PM
Bumping this for info...

I came across lastpass.com and liked their service, wanted to use it to save some passwords for my phone. It is $1/mo, so I emailed them and asked if they would consider bitcoin as payment, instead of paypal.

I received a response:

"Thanks for the suggestion - right now this doesn't look very user friendly."

I sent a friendly follow-up, thanking him for his time, saying I respectfully disagree and to please consider bitcoin in the future.

I wrote to Sales Inquiry - LastPass for Consumers with the following:
A Bitcoin community member posted to Bitcoin forums suggesting they had contacted lastpass.com asking if LastPass would consider accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment.  They continued suggesting that LastPass.com had responded claiming "right now this doesn't look very user friendly."

I would like to understand this response further so as to provide opportunity for Bitcoin to improve so as to become more user friendly in the perspective of LastPass.com.  If you are willing, please elaborate and I will relay this to the community so they may further improve Bitcoin so as to potentially gain wider acceptance.

Thank you.

P.S. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15771
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
October 06, 2010, 11:22:14 PM
Bumping this for info...

I came across lastpass.com and liked their service, wanted to use it to save some passwords for my phone. It is $1/mo, so I emailed them and asked if they would consider bitcoin as payment, instead of paypal.

I received a response:

"Thanks for the suggestion - right now this doesn't look very user friendly."

I sent a friendly follow-up, thanking him for his time, saying I respectfully disagree and to please consider bitcoin in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
August 24, 2010, 03:23:41 AM
Great work, misery!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
August 23, 2010, 07:16:47 PM
I suggested bitcoin as a means of currency to pokerstars.com. They have 5 million free tables, why not have a couple bitcoin tables?

Here was the response, probably nothing comes of it:

Looks like a standard email response form to me.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

Not to mention pokerstars is notoriously slow for adopting new things. Their affiliate program took forever to offer rake and still do not allow them to offer rakeback. Granted they are the fastest and most stable with IMHO the best cashout procedure. A better option might be the Merge Network(Carbon poker is one of the skins of many) and/or FullTilt for quick adoption.

Being a huge company they are often slow. But that's a terrible example. Affiliate are a curse on poker. I clicked a bad affiliate link 6 years ago so I can't get the same rake back as most people on FT. I get excellent rakeback on PS with no affiliate. The fact that they don't call it rakeback doesn't make it spend any less well. I get over 40%, you are not going to get that without large volume though. Which is totally reasonable and fair, it's just like buying at Costco or from a wholesaler.
August 23, 2010, 06:46:45 PM
I wonder what would happen if a bunch of us started to do the same thing...

I encourage it!  There are many businesses.  I am focusing primarily on geek, technology, or artist-related sites/businesses.  You're welcome to contribute if you'd like.  I can link the reply in the first post as I have been doing.
August 23, 2010, 06:33:39 PM
The Oatmeal

Email sent:
Do you accept Bitcoin for products purchased from your store?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10911

Awaiting response...
August 23, 2010, 06:27:46 PM
Saturday Morning Breakfast Club / Topatoco.com

Email sent:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10910

Awaiting response...

Note: Contact topatoco.com directly instead.
August 23, 2010, 06:16:17 PM
Ctrl+Alt+Del / SplitReason.com

Email sent:
No we do not.  Just Visa, Mastercard and Paypal.

Nate Stoltz, Split Reason Clothing Inc., http://www.splitreason.com, [email protected]
August 23, 2010, 06:13:17 PM
Penny Arcade

Email sent:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10906

Awaiting response...
August 23, 2010, 06:07:15 PM
xkcd

Email sent:
Hello,

No, we don't : /  We only accept credit/debit cards and PayPal.

best,
Matthew Smoot
xkcd order wrangler
August 23, 2010, 05:56:59 PM
DeviantArt

Hello. Smiley

Thank you for contacting deviantART. I'm sorry but the only payment options available are those shown on the checkout page.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Chris Price
Customer Service Representative
deviantART, Inc.
www.deviantART.com
August 23, 2010, 05:45:13 PM
ThinkGeek.com

You are now chatting with 'Rob'
Rob: Hi, how can I help you?
Mizery De Aria: Do you accept Bitcoins as a method of payment for your products?
Rob: We do not. We only accept major debit or credit cards, PayPal, and check or money orders.
Mizery De Aria: Do you know if there is any consideration or research into potentially accepting Bitcoins for payment for your products?
Rob: At this point I don't believe there is, no.
Rob: Is there anything else we can do to assist you?
Mizery De Aria: Is it possible you may escalate the idea of accepting Bitcoin and perhaps researching whether or not it is viable for your business?
Rob: I will bring it to the attention of our web development team, you bet!
Mizery De Aria: Thank you. That is all. ^_^
Rob: Have a great day!!!
Mizery De Aria: Actually, last thing: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10897
Mizery De Aria: You too!
August 23, 2010, 05:43:32 PM
bandcamp.com

Email sent:
Do you accept Bitcoins as payment for your services?

Awaiting response...
August 23, 2010, 05:30:57 PM
ipredator.se

Email sent
Do you accept Bitcoin payment for your services?  If not, then you should consider it!

http://bitcoin.org
irc.freenode.net / #bitcoin-dev

hint: Winnar is me.
1: I had contacted ipredator.se
1: no response from ipredator.se
2: hrm... too bad. but maybe they're thinking about it... or maybe your email went to spam.
3: ill just be very patient then or something
2: 1: here's a suggestion: make a nice writeup about how great of a match bitcoin+ipredator would be... and try submitting it as an article to slashdot.
1: I am contemplating something like that, but I would like assistance in the write up ^_^
1: And not just for ipredator, but for others too.
2: hm yea
2: 1: well if you do the first draft, i'll help you out from there.

#?: if your writeup is more general, talking about other services where anonymity is paramount, and where bitcoin may be a good fit, maybe that'll have an even better chance of making it
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
August 23, 2010, 04:25:09 PM
I suggested bitcoin as a means of currency to pokerstars.com. They have 5 million free tables, why not have a couple bitcoin tables?

Not to mention pokerstars is notoriously slow for adopting new things. Their affiliate program took forever to offer rake and still do not allow them to offer rakeback. Granted they are the fastest and most stable with IMHO the best cashout procedure. A better option might be the Merge Network(Carbon poker is one of the skins of many) and/or FullTilt for quick adoption.
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
August 23, 2010, 04:03:25 PM

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
August 23, 2010, 03:53:41 PM

Pages:
Jump to: