Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 37. (Read 257603 times)

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
August 23, 2016, 09:44:58 PM
I actively spend my bitcoins since I see bitcoin as a currency and not as an investment. I spend bitcoins in a variety of websites accepting bitcoin such as Steam and Microsoft.
I think most of the people does not know first bitcoin as investment ,we are seeing bitcoin as a currency due to some sites who are accepting bitcoin, in my experience I spend bitcoin before and now for gambling and I am also seeing now the opportunity for investment.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 23, 2016, 09:02:38 PM
I actively spend my bitcoins since I see bitcoin as a currency and not as an investment. I spend bitcoins in a variety of websites accepting bitcoin such as Steam and Microsoft.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
August 23, 2016, 08:55:42 PM

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

I wonder if there will ever be any retailers that only accept bitcoin.

Yes sir ! I spend bitcoin at least once a week on a few snacks and drinks and half I use in investments or in the exchange. 5%-10 i will gamble then if I win i stop and make 3 bets with it. So every week 3 bets and wage a few dice rolls maybe 10 rolls. I do not gamble slots or any other it is no fun to me.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 23, 2016, 08:17:24 PM
Like most people who posted I really only spend small amounts like under 0.01 rarely over that.
The rest I hold or exchange for other coins to hold
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
August 23, 2016, 08:13:13 PM
I use bitcoin to purchase a variety of products and services online.  Still waiting for more opportunities in brick and mortar locations. 
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
August 23, 2016, 07:49:47 PM
Nope, i can't do this cause it's not accepted in my country and all i can do is online shopping but i don't like to buy stuff online so i am not using bitcoins actively.
i cannot do that too unfortunately though i hope that in the near future there will be way more bitcoin shops that will allow me to do that
I think people are rarely to spend their bitcoin for one reason. hard to find merchants who accept bitcoin. because I'm sure if you spend your bitcoin such as spending fiat with ease. of course people will more often make their bitocin to spending ?
Spend bitcoin into local stores were impossible some years ago, now companies offering cards to make it easy, sure isnt something we all like as cards comes with fees and some rules around them, but you can go shopping with bitcoin using your credit or debit card.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
August 23, 2016, 07:10:38 PM
Nope, i can't do this cause it's not accepted in my country and all i can do is online shopping but i don't like to buy stuff online so i am not using bitcoins actively.
i cannot do that too unfortunately though i hope that in the near future there will be way more bitcoin shops that will allow me to do that
this is the actual problem of bitcoin , a low number of bitcoin stores available ,
the development to open a new bitcoin store looks very slow recently ,
and there low support regarding this too,
makes really hard to find a store to spend our bitcoin daily.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
August 23, 2016, 06:19:19 PM
I think people are rarely to spend their bitcoin for one reason. hard to find merchants who accept bitcoin. because I'm sure if you spend your bitcoin such as spending fiat with ease. of course people will more often make their bitocin to spending ?
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
August 23, 2016, 04:57:13 PM
What kind of future are you talking about. Such a crisis which is now coming to the entire financial system of the world, will not stand no state. And most importantly, it's the big men brought before the whole of humanity. Well even if our real money will be popular.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Crypto is love, crypto is life
August 23, 2016, 03:17:40 PM
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
August 23, 2016, 01:26:59 PM
Every time I earn bitcoin I store some of it in my wallet and some of it I added in my trading capital. This is the use of my bitcoin nowadays and I am hoping that time will come when the value of bitcoin will soar high. I'm still trading small amount now since I'm a newbie to it but when the time comes when I can truly grasp how trading works and have a feel of the market then I will deposit a bigger amount.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
August 23, 2016, 12:58:56 PM
Yes i am but not in ditect bitcoin i cash it out before i spent it. Because here they not receive bitcoin in shopping or in store but in billing they can recieved it direct using coins.ph so i can not spent my bitcoin in direct payment to the department store we neef to cash it first before we spent.

I think if you are exchanging bitcoin to fiat then it is not spending but dumping. You are just dumping bitcoin for another currency, and is actually bad for bitcoin. It is just sad that there are still no merchandiser that accept bitcoin in real life. It can only be spend online. I hope someday it can be done.
For now only brazil that i heard that 150 stores are accepting bitcoin locally.. and i hope yeah it will happen too in our country. but it takes a long time if more people are using bitcoin expect that the adoption for bitcoin will increase the possibility to use it in local...
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
August 23, 2016, 12:13:18 PM
Yes i am but not in ditect bitcoin i cash it out before i spent it. Because here they not receive bitcoin in shopping or in store but in billing they can recieved it direct using coins.ph so i can not spent my bitcoin in direct payment to the department store we neef to cash it first before we spent.
I think this is what most people do.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
August 23, 2016, 12:06:14 PM
I am using Bitcoin daily,recently i spend bitcoin for purchasing  hosting
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
August 23, 2016, 11:28:42 AM

I think if you are exchanging bitcoin to fiat then it is not spending but dumping. You are just dumping bitcoin for another currency, and is actually bad for bitcoin. It is just sad that there are still no merchandiser that accept bitcoin in real life. It can only be spend online. I hope someday it can be done.
Activity: 588
August 23, 2016, 11:02:31 AM
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
August 23, 2016, 10:02:45 AM

I think for now we don't make deals with using bitcoin for some things. But it is not to make you to leave bitcoin: for if it you did then I'm sure you won't get big profits in the future. because in the future (5 years) I'm sure bitcoin will be accepted by everyone.
It's too unrealistic base on the current market, you should support on how would that be possible it will be accepted by everyone, if you will try to see the estimated number of users of bitcoin, you will be surprised that we are not even 1% of the total world population.
Activity: 756
Merit: 520
August 23, 2016, 08:44:44 AM

I think for now we don't make deals with using bitcoin for some things. But it is not to make you to leave bitcoin: for if it you did then I'm sure you won't get big profits in the future. because in the future (5 years) I'm sure bitcoin will be accepted by everyone.
Activity: 910
Merit: 507
August 23, 2016, 05:36:53 AM
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
August 23, 2016, 03:14:30 AM
yes we have 2 shops here in our area who are accepting bitcoin, sometime when i need some thing from that shop i visit and do shopping in bitcoin, its really feels very good while shopping in gambling.
its cool for you, i have no bitcoin shops around me and i dont have any places to spend my bitcoins on shopping
you are right there is also bitcoin is not acceptable in shops and i recently use bitcoin just for online shopping, but i am sure we can be use bitcoin in shops in the future .
I saw someone that is shopping with bitcoin, the thing he is using is some debit bitcoin card, soo its possible already to shop anywhere as long they work with cards. I dont spend outside online almost my earnings are invested into bitcoin projects and all online.
my friend using xapo debit card for buying anything in ebay.com, that's very easy to use, in this time so many new debitcard linked with bitcoin, but only few merchand accept 'real bitcoin" in his payment processor.
It is fine that we have to bear the little charges on debit cards as long as we can spend conveniently, everything is possible with bitcoin and we can actively spend our bitcoins indirectly with the help of the company who believes in bitcoin, like those providing credit cards.

Indirectly will not be enough. If we want to really get known we must do more than this. But I guess this is a good step. We cant hasten it and it should one step forward maybe in a year or every 6 months. There should be something new that will pop up which can make bitcoin more seen by the public.
Innovation will happen and as investors seeing that more people are trusting bitcoins they will be encourage to build new platforms that will connect theirs to bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: