Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 47. (Read 142276 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
Yes I agree with that idea, in that way bitcoin will be more introduced to people without knowledge about bitcoin. and they can  be purchased in banks so more people will buy for bitcoin
Yeah to go mainstream it needs the attention and usage from the common men around the world who are not much knowledged. So a banking service similar to a helping service will make more people start using bitcoin as well spreading happens in a faster phase. Same time a negative impact might happen that a part of the community goes under someone's control.
It would b e contradicting to the Bitcoin part if it was part of the banks because you can be your own bank with just an address, and there you would keep everything there. Using bitcoin to purchase stuff would be a part of making it viral already. Most things that people are scared of is its reputation on being used illegally because it's pseudo anonymous, but still, it's not for that purpose and it depends on what you intend to do about it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
Yes I agree with that idea, in that way bitcoin will be more introduced to people without knowledge about bitcoin. and they can  be purchased in banks so more people will buy for bitcoin
Yeah to go mainstream it needs the attention and usage from the common men around the world who are not much knowledged. So a banking service similar to a helping service will make more people start using bitcoin as well spreading happens in a faster phase. Same time a negative impact might happen that a part of the community goes under someone's control.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
I think this is a big  NO.We know that every banks aim for one only goal.That is to centralize an decentralize financial system.And bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency and if banks do happen many changes will happen in bitcoins.So i think having bitcoin banks is not good for all of us bitcoin users.
Correct, banks will aim to try to get control over the network so we must avoid the construction of a bitcoin bank, in a way this reminds me of the fight against the creating of an American central bank that happened and we know how that ended the Federal Reserve was eventually created.
There is no way bitcoin banks will be establish if people would not allow it, we want the same system that we are using now, we can simply transact online without the need of a third party and we know banks in real world is govern by the central bank and we are not sure if people who govern are really willing to serve the interest of the people. Here in bitcoin, we are all equal and we have freedom since we can transact anything and anytime we want.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
I think this is a big  NO.We know that every banks aim for one only goal.That is to centralize an decentralize financial system.And bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency and if banks do happen many changes will happen in bitcoins.So i think having bitcoin banks is not good for all of us bitcoin users.
Correct, banks will aim to try to get control over the network so we must avoid the construction of a bitcoin bank, in a way this reminds me of the fight against the creating of an American central bank that happened and we know how that ended the Federal Reserve was eventually created.
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
Yeah you agree with that but it would not probably gonna happen I guess, the banking industry using fiat is already there and no need to build another bank that would only serve the same purpose. I guess it's better to stay this way and stay unique because this is why people love bitcoin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
no i do not i think bitcoin banks will bring so much of lazyness and more than that curroption in the network i really hate how banks work and i also hate that some bitcoin wallets like xapo and zebpay wallets have adapted those techniques to run their busnesses i havmte them but i know by this single technique banks have ruled more than 500years on every country
yes people do not like to continue as traditional long procedures of banks, i think the online wallet system is the best. i personally using online wallet for storing my bitcoin.
Activity: 390
Merit: 279
I think a Bitcoin bank is completly useless. Why we need a bank if we can keep our own money?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
may have an idea of this bank bitcoin make the trust of people towards bitcoin increase. if bitcoin bank was formed with a very good concept, and really will bring substantial benefits to each person bitcoin users, it might be a lot of people who support it, because it may have the potential to make bitcoin accepted by the government.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
There already is a bank. You ! You and every other person who uses bitcoin are the bank and the processing power to handle transactions is the miners.
These people who would like to see a bitcoin bank want it to be the same as like in the real life bank which only accepts fiat deposits and investment. I would not think it will be realize because these two (bitcoin and fiat) has separate banking features, one is centralized while the other is decentralized.
Actually, they should exist together to give people more options on how they do their banking and as I witness now, bitcoin is progressive because there are people who supported the current set up.

Why do they "should" co-exist, though? By the time bitcoin goes mainsteam, the government will start doing actions to stop the growth of bitcoin or at least slow it down. Actually having a bitcoin bank might be just one of the ways of the government to make bitcoin centralized rather than decentralized. When they accumulated enough bitcoins, they will have the upper-hand and they can start putting tax on the transactions that you make. We shouldn't problematize it, though, because we are far far from that point

Even if we are very far from that, this doesn't itself make it more probable (purely hypothetically)

It could be easily shown that it doesn't make sense to accumulate bitcoins at all. How come? Because accumulation of bitcoins for the purpose of levying taxes on Bitcoin transactions would just make people abandon Bitcoin and switch to some other cryptocoin eventually. Thereby, the government that chooses to walk this route will be left with useless bitcoins and not reaching its target at that. It makes sense to outright ban all cryptocurrencies at once, but governments also need consensus to do that (which they are unlikely to arrive at)
Activity: 1680
Merit: 288
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
no i do not i think bitcoin banks will bring so much of lazyness and more than that curroption in the network i really hate how banks work and i also hate that some bitcoin wallets like xapo and zebpay wallets have adapted those techniques to run their busnesses i havmte them but i know by this single technique banks have ruled more than 500years on every country

We needed financial bureaucracy in a civilization that has formed hundreds of years ago, if we all want to be free and independent, we will go back to the flitstones era or the age at which all groups fighting just for a meal, wealth, and glory. Bitcoin doesn't need to create its own bank, I'm sure one day instead of conventional bank that will recognize and adapt to bitcoin as we can see in Japan today.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Yes,  i like it. Im waiting for this bitcoin bank and if launched this, more people come in internet and searh for how to earn money on bitcoin. And bitcoin is the best way to earn free money, i think people become reach now its very helpfull like other student working from home,  i hope launched it now bitcoin bank.  Smiley  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
I think if the banking system that would be incorporating BITCOIN would be a fairer and kinder bank, then , yes I would not mind there being a Bitcoin bank as such. If the Bank will run along the same lines as the fractional reserve banking system we have today, then not particularly would be my answer to that.
I'm pretty sure it will not run the same system with our current banking system if it's possible to realize a bitcoin bank.
It should be different because banks are centralize and controlled by the government but bitcoin is not, we are controlling bitcoin and we make it successful.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I think if the banking system that would be incorporating BITCOIN would be a fairer and kinder bank, then , yes I would not mind there being a Bitcoin bank as such. If the Bank will run along the same lines as the fractional reserve banking system we have today, then not particularly would be my answer to that.
There is a huge difference between traditional banks implementing Bitcoin, and a regular wallet service or exchange operating like a traditional bank, as far as possible.

The latter mentioned is already the case, but the only thing that's missing is the part where you can gain interest over your stored coins.

However, if I'm not mistaken, BTER is offering interest over your coins, but it's a shitty exchange that I personally don't trust. And according to a lot people complaining, I am definitely not the only one thinking like that.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
There already is a bank. You ! You and every other person who uses bitcoin are the bank and the processing power to handle transactions is the miners.
These people who would like to see a bitcoin bank want it to be the same as like in the real life bank which only accepts fiat deposits and investment. I would not think it will be realize because these two (bitcoin and fiat) has separate banking features, one is centralized while the other is decentralized.
Actually, they should exist together to give people more options on how they do their banking and as I witness now, bitcoin is progressive because there are people who supported the current set up.

Why do they "should" co-exist, though? By the time bitcoin goes mainsteam, the government will start doing actions to stop the growth of bitcoin or at least slow it down. Actually having a bitcoin bank might be just one of the ways of the government to make bitcoin centralized rather than decentralized. When they accumulated enough bitcoins, they will have the upper-hand and they can start putting tax on the transactions that you make. We shouldn't problematize it, though, because we are far far from that point.

Bitcoin is just starting out and the idea of bitcoin bank will be real only when bitcoin is starting to have some actual success in a global level.
If bitcoin will not co exist with bank, one will die and surely that will be bitcoin since bank has more supported by the government.
Bitcoin is different from bank although they have the same use for banking, it's decentralize and people who does not want to use and comply
with the banking laws can easily do that with bitcoin, this will mean that they can co-exist as at the end of the day we all convert our money to fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

Why do they "should" co-exist, though? By the time bitcoin goes mainsteam, the government will start doing actions to stop the growth of bitcoin or at least slow it down. Actually having a bitcoin bank might be just one of the ways of the government to make bitcoin centralized rather than decentralized. When they accumulated enough bitcoins, they will have the upper-hand and they can start putting tax on the transactions that you make. We shouldn't problematize it, though, because we are far far from that point.

Bitcoin is just starting out and the idea of bitcoin bank will be real only when bitcoin is starting to have some actual success in a global level.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

Bitcoin is made in a way we can monitored and control our own,that's why there were a lots of apps that features bitcoin. Like coins.ph,blockchain etc. These  wallets were offers lots of features that are needed for transactions as well as banks offers. Bitcoin allows us to be the bank manager of our own wallet ,so we better just find the wallet that suits our needs which there were lots to choice to when we do research,there is no need for banks I think.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
Pages:
Jump to: