Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in Reincarnation? - page 4. (Read 4046 times)

vip
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
January 14, 2013, 12:18:10 PM
If you answer yes:
1) Do you think there are more or less souls than there are living things on the earth suitable for reincarnation?
2) In other words, would there be a "queue" a soul would have to wait in before getting back in the game?
3) What do you think is the ratio of souls to suitable vehicles for "incarnation"?

I've just never really taken the idea seriously so if these are dumb questions sorry.

Reincarnation is a holdover from Jainism and the Buddha is on record stating that it falls outside the domain of knowable truths. In short there is no way to prove that it is true nor that it is untrue. It's one of those things that doesn't affect our lives no matter what else happens. So I tend not to pay it any heed.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 14, 2013, 08:03:30 AM
I watch american Idol, therefore I am.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
January 14, 2013, 12:44:10 AM
When does 'you' stop becoming you, before you die, when you undergo certain events?

1. You were beamed planetside by Scotty, but the transporter failed to vaporize you shipside.

2. Three quarters of your brain is spliced with one quarter of another person's brain.

3. Your neurons are all replaced with electronic versions which seem to function like your neurons.

4. Someone else exists on this planet with a brain almost exactly (but not quite) like yours from a molecular standpoint, implying very similar memories, etc.

What does it mean to be you, anyway?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
January 13, 2013, 10:48:48 PM
If you answer yes:
1) Do you think there are more or less souls than there are living things on the earth suitable for reincarnation?
2) In other words, would there be a "queue" a soul would have to wait in before getting back in the game?
3) What do you think is the ratio of souls to suitable vehicles for "incarnation"?

I've just never really taken the idea seriously so if these are dumb questions sorry.
Pages:
Jump to: