Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you ever JOMO? - page 4. (Read 539 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
March 17, 2022, 05:57:10 PM
So it appears there is a race of creating new terms
Forget FOMO! We're now more likely to suffer from FOJI, MOMO and JOMO

FOMO Fear of missing out
FOBO Fear of a better option
FOJI Fear Of Joining In
JOMO Joy Of Missing Out
FOMOMO The fear of the mystery of missing out
SLOMO  slow to missing out
MOMO Mystery of missing out
BROMO When your 'bros' (friends) protect you from missing out

And my personal contribution
FOSI, Fear of Surfing the internet - cause it might lead you to discoveries like this!

Hundreds or times with btc. Bought some when it 3000 ish & knew it would get to 10k plus but couldnt pull the trigger for more than a few thousand. Sickening feeling.

That's not joy of missing out, it was fear of risking your money.

Every time in trading we experience both JOMO or FOMO. This is certain to be so with our trading.

How the hell is this even possible?
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
March 17, 2022, 05:46:06 PM
This has happened to me with many NFT projects and games for sure. There has been plenty of play to earn games that I wanted to join, I love playing games, that is what I do if I ever have some free times, and playing a game and making money sounded awesome.

From as high as axie infinity which dropped significantly and would have been a terrible investment to as old as F1 detla time which just got license revoked eventually, we are talking about plenty of projects that are getting horrible instead of any better. So, I definitely felt that JOMO in some cryptocurrencies and some tokens but mainly it was in most of the play to earn tokens for sure.

For sure there are many P2E tokens that are expensive before that are now struggling. So yes, that's JOMO for us.  Grin Before, there's FOMO, and now JOMO. There will be a lot more of these abbreviations that people will try to create. So if you are a newbie here, you will encounter this kind of notation and you will wonder what the h*ck does it mean?  Grin

Most probably you lose to get in early and that’s why you also miss the opportunity to make money in short term but at least you’re safe in long term because of the price dump and maybe that project turns into a scam project. I usually feel this when I see new tokens, they pump at first with a good hype but after a month the price starts to correct until it hit the bottom, so yeah there’s a joy on that for not buying.

Most of these coins you will see have no solid foundation to begin with. So the dev team involved will opt to pump and dump only to gain money. And then exit the game. You will understand it once you get to know their site, whitepaper, roadmap. You can basically get an insight on where they are heading to.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
March 17, 2022, 05:43:34 PM
Most probably you lose to get in early and that’s why you also miss the opportunity to make money in short term but at least you’re safe in long term because of the price dump and maybe that project turns into a scam project. I usually feel this when I see new tokens, they pump at first with a good hype but after a month the price starts to correct until it hit the bottom, so yeah there’s a joy on that for not buying.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324
March 17, 2022, 05:43:11 PM
I learned about this word today too. It stands for 'Joy Of Missing Out".

You were thinking of buying a coin and later that coin dumps to oblivion. That's JOMO!
Havent heard out but you had mentioned or said it already then this is the only time i do heard of. LOL!

It would really be just totally opposite of "Fear" in "FOMO" which you could also say that it was just a good call that you had hesitate into those times that you do make out some decision
whether you do go for it or not.

This is why intuition and emotion is one of the factors to decide whether you do succeed into this industry or not or just on that particular investment situation.
Activity: 1297
Merit: 126
March 17, 2022, 05:31:11 PM

You were thinking of buying a coin and later that coin dumps to oblivion. That's JOMO!
This is also my first time to hear about this word and yes, I feel this most of the time especially if there’s a new token that is being hyped in the market and later on, they became a scam project so I’m really happy that I didn’t fall for that fake project and lose the money. JOMO is a normal emotion that we can express if we are safe from the scam projects, this is the best result of analyzing before buying.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
March 17, 2022, 01:53:01 PM
Usually, people will be sad if they lose instead of happy, mainly because they missed selling at a high price. But some people don't feel anything even though the price has gone up or even fallen further down.

If you buy coins without research, it is equivalent to you being gambling and putting it all on your luck. That's not a good thing to do, although some often do it.

The advantages and disadvantages are always there, and it's up to you which one you choose Grin
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 17, 2022, 01:41:37 PM
This has happened to me with many NFT projects and games for sure. There has been plenty of play to earn games that I wanted to join, I love playing games, that is what I do if I ever have some free times, and playing a game and making money sounded awesome.

From as high as axie infinity which dropped significantly and would have been a terrible investment to as old as F1 detla time which just got license revoked eventually, we are talking about plenty of projects that are getting horrible instead of any better. So, I definitely felt that JOMO in some cryptocurrencies and some tokens but mainly it was in most of the play to earn tokens for sure.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com
March 17, 2022, 01:36:16 PM
These terms are now starting to vary, JOMO, FOMO and the like are just terms for people who don't have research first and prioritize value with 100x more profit insights. Because ideally investing or trading to avoid the mention of it should be avoided because it drops money in it.

Maybe not a few of us have experienced the condition of JOMO or Joy Of Missing Out, whatever it is called because this is just a sign that attaches attributes to them to start with the wrong step. It's not how many times we are fooled by sudden pump and dump prices, but how many times we can learn to avoid these moves.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
March 17, 2022, 09:49:02 AM
Vocabulary of the day, this is my first time learning that word. Well it looks like it suits the phrase we have FOMO which is fear of missing out, right now I feel JOMO since I was planning to short on BTC but slept and forgot to open up a short trade but now it pumps to $41k and now I feel Joy in missing out and happy that I didn't open a trade yesterday my position probably liquidated by now.

This is a good analysis of JOMO as I understand with OP but as I trader, you have no need of JOMO because you will soon take a wrong decision that will trap you inside it and depending on how deep you fall, you  may get out faster or sink further. Every time in trading we experience both JOMO or FOMO. This is certain to be so with our trading.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
March 17, 2022, 09:46:40 AM
FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) is still the right term for this, I think. Because of your emotion that wants you not to be left out by the crowd, you bought a coin that you never even know, never done a research, you just bought it with just pure hype and ended up being disappointed because like what you've said, it dump to the earth.

The lesson is don't be afraid if you missed some opportunities in cryptocurrency, there's always a lot of opportunities that's gonna come, you just have to be patient to make profits.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 575
March 17, 2022, 09:08:42 AM

I could say I had that with a trading bot, I do not know if that counts? I used a very good bot back in the day, and I was a reseller of it as well. I am not going to name it because I do not want this message to sound like a shill message, but it was really a good one. However, just before that I was looking at another one and I decided not to go with that one, I decided to pick the one I spent a few years with. If I picked the first one, I have seen that it had so much trouble that it literally made people poorer instead of making them money with all kinds of bugs and problems that it had. Thank god I picked the one I did, otherwise I would have been poorer, whereas the one I picked made me a bit richer.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
March 17, 2022, 08:32:04 AM
I've stopped experiencing "missing out" on any investment after I started DCA'ing. Oh, the joy of not having to think of what to do and where to invest has made my life so much easier. Ik it wouldn't return as much profit as people who actively look for new investments, but in the first place, I never planned on making trading my main source of income. I have entered a few new investments here and there but since I was one of the early adopters, I never really experienced the dumps that followed after the initial hype, in fact, I profited so I never really felt that. That experience is more of a late investor type of feeling I think?
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
March 17, 2022, 06:03:34 AM
Mots of people are more keen on FOMO, Fear of Missing Out, not JOMO.

JOMO is more favorite by people who already understand and experience loses from FOMO. Only very smart and flexible, adaptive people can change from FOMO to JOMO after one or a few minor loses. Most of them only are able to change after they get enough serious loses but it is not too late for people who can change themselves from approaches for losers to ones for winners.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 461
Contact me in Telegram: @JperryC
March 17, 2022, 05:57:27 AM
We invented a few acronyms from cryptocurrency such as HODL and now JOMO. I didn't actually understand this: "You were thinking of buying a coin and later that coin dumps to oblivion. That's JOMO!"
You were thinking and you bought? or you were thinking of buying and didn't buy at all? then it dumps? if it was the second one, before I call it luck but now it looks like I'm going to call it now a JOMO lol.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 17, 2022, 05:56:17 AM

I thought that it was just a typo but some nice meaning we've got there.

I've got that feeling before but only a few times. I can't remember those coins that I've thought of I should bought at that time but when I've look after a day, they've dumped really badly.

Well, just an experience that everyone is really going to have. Maybe for the others when it's about bitcoin's peak and they were about to buy but eventually it had dropped.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
March 17, 2022, 05:25:59 AM
This has happened to me two times before, the first was a stupid coin which is like a scam coin called Samzuga coin, I do not think the coin is still existing, the price dumped around that time from over $200000 to $6000. Another coin is Wakanda Inu, if I bought it, I would be losing by now.

But in case of good coins like Bitcoin, I have no regret that I bought it, even I remember when I bought bitcoin at $8200, it dumped to $3800 but it later increased but it pained me I sold it at $15000.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
March 17, 2022, 03:54:40 AM
Be it JOMO or DOMO, there are times these events would get to play put in our lives and its largely dependent on your timing as, trades do bounce back. So, your timing will be the best way to tell if you would have been on lose all along to have taken a trade or on profit. Although, one thing is for sure and common amongst these events, they both provides an avenue for learning and building of your experience about life events and the activities of the market, should you be smart enough to take notes.
Although,  there is one thing I would always note, " that the profit or lose that reads on a chart was never yours, if you weren't in the trade". Hence, there is little or no reason for regrets.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
March 17, 2022, 03:47:10 AM
Vocabulary of the day, this is my first time learning that word. Well it looks like it suits the phrase we have FOMO which is fear of missing out, right now I feel JOMO since I was planning to short on BTC but slept and forgot to open up a short trade but now it pumps to $41k and now I feel Joy in missing out and happy that I didn't open a trade yesterday my position probably liquidated by now.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
March 17, 2022, 01:46:06 AM
Hundreds or times with btc. Bought some when it 3000 ish & knew it would get to 10k plus but couldnt pull the trigger for more than a few thousand. Sickening feeling.

No, what you've described is DOMO or Disappointment of missing out. 🤪

Jokes aside, maybe at some point you're going to realize that trying to time buys is a really bad idea and just DCA-ing is the way?
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
March 16, 2022, 10:57:08 PM

Pages:
Jump to: