Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you give panhandlers money? - page 3. (Read 836 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
February 21, 2019, 04:43:37 PM
I often see an old guy going through trashcans in my city. He is at least 70 years old, and I have no doubt about him being homeless. When I see him during the winter i buy him a coffee to go. He smiles, he is polite and is very grateful. He has two dogs with him that follow him wherever he goes. One day I gave him some change and he asked me if I had some leftover food so he could feed his dogs. It was cold outside and he said they were sick and hungry. Honestly, it broke my heart. I gave him some leftover chicken with some bread and watched him through the window. He took just one bite out of the chicken and divided the rest amongst his dogs, he divided the bread on 3 parts. I have never seen him drink or smoke, he doesn't beg for money, cares dearly for his dogs, even when he is in such a tough spot in his life. The guy has a big heart and deserves much more than life gave him.  
Activity: 902
Merit: 655
Do due diligence
February 20, 2019, 06:08:12 AM
Yes I enjoy wholeheartedly giving people something.
No I wouldn't and don't give anything to someone who demands it.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
February 20, 2019, 04:43:55 AM
No I don't, and Trudeau is a panhandler. He is the public face of the rape of Canada, and is transferring assets to the banking elite. One of their activities is the promotion of drug abuse, as this reduces potential opposition, and creates social unrest and criminal action.
Activity: 193
Merit: 26
February 20, 2019, 01:29:15 AM
I live close to a big city's "junkie" neighboorhood. I live in subsidized housing. Some of my neighbours are not bums but there are quite a few of them who stand on a street corner and beg for change. This one guy, in particular, asks me for cigarettes. I gave him one once. The very next day he tells him I don't give him anything at all and calls me a "goof" and threatens me with violence. It sickens me that he lets on that he is homeless and yet he spends the money he makes panhandling on heroin. He's been offered a dishwashing job in a restaurant but only worked a day because he thinks it's easier to bum.

I don't mind the neighboorhood I live in too much but sometimes that panhandlers get to me. Often I get told to go fuck myself by a panhandler because I won't give them money. The sense of entitlement from these mooches is through the roof. I just bought two cigarettes from my neighbour and she didn't want to give me my 5 cents change. Not like I give a shit about a nickel but the principal of "ooh I will give it to you later" makes me not want to buy cigarettes from her ever again.

I used to have compassion for panhandlers, but now I just can't take their word for it when they tell me they're homeless. Canada is one of the best countries in the world when it comes to free housing and food and nobody has to ask for money. It's one thing to ask politely but it's quite another to feel entitled to the working man's dollar.

Do you give money to panhandlers?

Pages:
Jump to: