Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you have a hard time bringing new people to the forum? - page 5. (Read 1209 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
I've had a big issue bringing new people into the forum though it seems I'm new here but I've tried joining the forum since last year but to no avail I always got the error message I stopped trying until I met up with my cousin who also was the one to introduce me to the forum his already a member here so he successfully registered me and since then I've been trying to bring more friends of mine who are desperately looking for Educative forums like this to increase their knowledge of cryptocurrencies.
My cousin before he left taught me how to register but I've not had any success registering my friends till date I keep getting the same error message of evil network please if anyone can help I'll really appreciate thanks guys...
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
I also feel the same way that it is very difficult to introduce Bitcoin and this forum to people. In fact, when I explain to many people about this forum, they think it's unclear and a waste of time because they want something instant. But even though so far it is still difficult to bring people to this forum, I keep trying in the hope that they will understand and it will be a solution for them to increase their income.

Sometimes it matter on how we approach them and the way we teach on what they can expect about this forum also with the cryptocurrency. If we told them that there's money here and they can earn it easily for sure they expect something huge from this and will be disappointed once they figure out the complexity of crypto then how hard to earn especially if they are newbie in the scene. If they are not really fully interested about this they will surely leave and worst they feel bad about what you have teach to them.

I tried to recruit some of my friends before here but it didn't end up well that's the reason for now I don't invite people to learn this but instead I wait for some people to come at my place and ask about bitcoin since I think this type of guys are more worth it to spend our time since for sure they would listen to us.
Activity: 789
Merit: 243
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I also feel the same way that it is very difficult to introduce Bitcoin and this forum to people. In fact, when I explain to many people about this forum, they think it's unclear and a waste of time because they want something instant. But even though so far it is still difficult to bring people to this forum, I keep trying in the hope that they will understand and it will be a solution for them to increase their income.
Activity: 135
Merit: 6
Even in my current position I still try to put people through most especially my course mate concerning this forum because I know what we ( I and my course mate) are passing through, though most of them picked interest but at some point they were asking me too many questions, the question I can remember correctly was the one they asked me what do I have to show from this thing am doing, what have I benefited from it but I told them this forum is about time and patient. It is very clear that this days people likes evidence and I can't force someone to do something I will only tell you about something and how to go about it but if the person doesn't want to... It's fine.
Most people don't want to spend a little of their time  on something they just want to be rich over night.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 2032
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
I don't know if any of you faced this challenge, if yes, how were you able to proceed?

Yes, I did. A few years ago I introduced this forum to a couple of very close friends. One of them was too lazy to join (I'm not sire of he created an account and abandoned it or not even that) but the other one eventually joined and was relatively active for a few months.

Unfortunately, he lost motivation because just when he was going to rank up the merit system was implemented, and that, linked to some struggles in his job, made him quit.

Since then, I've tried to convince him to come back, but he says that he is not willing to make such an effort anymore with the little time he has left. In fact, I don't blame on him, because it's true that he spends all day out because of his work.
Activity: 574
Merit: 129
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
Never convince people who are close minded you will just waste you're time and effort instead, just invited those who are open to suggestion and learning this people are sure to go to the forum,
Activity: 966
Merit: 25
Ton Together | Save Smart & Win Big
I never directly ask people to join this forum, but I did a review for my YouTube channel subscribers. I don't want them to just sign up and feel lost, so I take the time to explain everything – from where to find rules to how to act as a newbie. My goal is for those who joined because of me to truly grasp why this forum exists and to use it wisely without causing any issues. I hope they understand its essence and contribute positively while taking good care of the community. It's about making sure they feel at home here.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
you cannot just drug people to something very new to them mate its like a man using Facebook and you are trying to tell them using different apps that will be harder for them to navigate and understand same as the community to be with.

Maybe better for you to not directly lure them here instead use your social media accounts to take their interests instead.

what I did in the past is that I fully secured my social media (not vulnerable in hacking) and then use the wall to encourage people try and learn about crypto and not just this forum alone.

though I have stopped now because of vulnerabilities of my account and yeah I just let people ask me about crypto and if they do? i will introduce them here in Bitcointalk.org.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Caring for others but not having to torture yourself to convince that bitcoin has a bright day in the future with such targets, let the beetles chase the flowers without you having to teach the beetles one by one, I mean you can give an overview to your surroundings but not with how many assets you have and what you have managed to buy from what you have earned to date, it is dangerous. New people you tell will ask how many bitcoins you have, your fiat value, your potential and how you store. Before asking how to get or ask a basic and thorough definition of bitcoin to your sensitive data, prepare your empty data such as wallet and cex maybe the rest of your trading history (do not show your wealth) do not get motivated to own your assets, crime is real. Also if you want to introduce the forum it is also good if you can not first discuss income whether it is an event, bounty or signature campaign.

Education is important, but your safety is more important, I'm not really motivated to mingle in the real world if it's like this, if it's basic and general, I'll do what I did above, just show my hystory, so that they are motivated by themselves, not by what I have.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1045
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
I don't know why but eachtime i try as hard as I can to get someone introduced in here, it doesn't seem to be user-friendly to them... The ecosystem, the terms of operation, the posting pattern, the navigation processes most especially.... They keep complaining!

At some point, I decided not to introduce anyone unless i've got a benefit of doubt; like showing interest prior the opening of an account etc. The least I'd ever do is to introduce someone that's not even ready to keep to the process... So tedious!

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
I don't know if any of you faced this challenge, if yes, how were you able to proceed?

If you are talking about bringing people into this forum, no I do not have any challenges.  I just do the normal things, if one is asking about BTC I told them to research the internet and if they have time visit this forum for rich information about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency,  I never force myself to introduce Bitcoin to others nor make them a permanent member of this forum.  Since it is hard to know if they are interested or not to spend their time in this forum.  I just told them about the a forum as good source of information about cryptocurrency.  Whether they will visit this forum or not is up to them.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
Yes, I have gone through this challenge many times, and I succeeded a number of times and did not succeed other times. This is due to the fact that the new people I invite do not always have the same level of understanding, passion for Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general, or the ability to learn. Some may not like the forum interface or the way topics are presented here, among other factors. The challenge would be smoother if the people I invited had prior knowledge of Bitcoin and had seen documentaries or stories about Bitcoin and its advantages. If they discover that Bitcointalk is the foundational forum for Bitcoin, after this, they would likely be curious to register an account here, explore what has been posted, and gain knowledge and experience before moving towards investing and trading digital gold.
Activity: 336
Merit: 495
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
No I don't have a hard time bringing people to the forum. Though I haven't.
However what I do have a hard time doing is trying to convince people to adopt crypto or to explore the crypto space. This is because I think trying to convince them usually ends up messy. There is almost virtually no one on earth who hasn't heard about crypto. Besides Bitcoin talk is a public place and find this forum is very easy especially if you are interested in crypto especially Bitcoin.

Sometimes when you convince people to venture crypto they rush into investing in shit coins without taking time to understand the crypto space so they end up with losses and blame the person who convinced them and boom a +1 crypto hater.
Activity: 448
Merit: 272
I am surprised to know that people actually go through the stress of preaching about Bitcoin and the forum to people who at the end even feel reluctant to learn. Its quite funny! I do not go through this stress at all. If I must teach you about Bitcoin and introduce you to the forum too, you must be well deserving of it. Going about trying to teach random people about my source of income is not wise at all, it will only be drawing more attention to me.

We still have lots of people who do not really understand how Bitcoin works. They believe anyone who owns a unit of Bitcoin or even talks about it is a lord already. This mentality may not go well if the people whom we are innocently trying to help have a totally different intention. Anyone who really wants to enjoy the benefits of Bitcoin will look for a way to learn. Bitcoin is no longer a hidden opportunity, it is really popular now.
I also don't know why some people feel like sharing the information about this forum to some people that are not even willing to learn about bitcoin or crypto. It will look as if you are forcing them to join bitcointalk forum which may make it look as if you have personal interest if they join the forum through you maybe they will think you have benefit for inviting them.

I only refer people to bitcointalk forum if they want some knowledge about bitcoin and cryptocurrency because I know that it is a forum that teaches and guide people about bitcoin and some cryptocurrency related aspect.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 555
It’s easier to introduce Bitcointalk to someone who’s not new to bitcoin. They already have an idea of how Bitcoin works and are enthusiastic about learning more about bitcoin. Telling them about a forum that’s all about Bitcoin will surely be something that they will be interested to hear. They do not need to know about earning opportunities in the forum, signature campaigns and bounties are of no importance to them.
Activity: 882
Merit: 507
I am surprised to know that people actually go through the stress of preaching about Bitcoin and the forum to people who in the end even feel reluctant to learn. It's quite funny! I do not go through this stress at all. If I must teach you about Bitcoin and introduce you to the forum too, you must be well deserving of it. Going about trying to teach random people about my source of income is not wise at all, it will only be drawing more attention to me.

We still have lots of people who do not really understand how Bitcoin works. They believe anyone who owns a unit of Bitcoin or even talks about it is a lord already. This mentality may not go well if the people whom we are innocently trying to help have a totally different intention. Anyone who really wants to enjoy the benefits of Bitcoin will look for a way to learn. Bitcoin is no longer a hidden opportunity, it is really popular now.
The motivation to discover Bitcoin is individual build and for that I think is unwise to some extent to try to teach a random set of people about something they may not likely have an interest in or have a different perception towards it, this is why it is better to remain private and be carcoconscious who you discuss with or try to reach the line of Bitcoin.
Sometimes the zeal that individuals develop internally is what strengthens their motivation to learn about Bitcoin and if you ask me, that is the way I discovered Bitcoin so for that I will definitely want others to discover Bitcoin that way too, zones a big risk to try to teach those who have a totally different mentality towards bitcoin.
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Bringing someone down here is not the problem, there's nothing bad if they also share in the benefits we have from bitcoin and learn new things, but this has to be that they are determined to join and not that we compelled them joining, in other not to make it look like you're forcing them and when they comes they begin to spam around, we also must take time in allowing them understand the main idea behind the creation of this forum, mentor them of possible and teach them the needful.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
My post made philipma1957 wear signature
I am surprised to know that people actually go through the stress of preaching about Bitcoin and the forum to people who at the end even feel reluctant to learn. Its quite funny! I do not go through this stress at all. If I must teach you about Bitcoin and introduce you to the forum too, you must be well deserving of it. Going about trying to teach random people about my source of income is not wise at all, it will only be drawing more attention to me.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
Do you have a hard time bringing new people to the forum?
I don't find it difficult to introduce Bitcoin or Bitcointalk to them, in fact I don't need to teach them and register here, they can do it if they want, the risk is higher if I direct them here, let them come and learn on their own, from 1-2 failed attempts to three times they will succeed, I can't afford to complain every time.

I used to come here of my own accord, without bothering other people, as time went by I learned and tried to understand what was discussed here, slowly I found a way in which I could do something good for myself.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
one of my main target was to introduce Bitcoin and this forum to as many people as I could.
Why? I like my privacy, and talking about Bitcoin to strangers is terrible OPSEC.
~snip~

Obviously, there are very big differences in terms of personal safety when it comes to people from African countries, as is the case with the OP, and all those who live in Europe or the US/UK. It is easy to notice that they often post photos from their meetings/lectures, their location, and even personal information such as age and name.

I think they are much more emotional and eager to share it with others and not worry too much about their safety. It seems dangerous and unnecessary to us, but it is difficult to change anything in this matter until for one reason or another, the change happens by itself.
Pages:
Jump to: