Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you judge a coin/token/project by their website? - page 2. (Read 581 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Pretty simple question. At the moment 99.999% of new coins tokens and crypto project all have a telegram group (full spam and bounty hunters) , a twitter account that only posts pre-made bullish news about their own coin, a subreddit with 20 subscribers and 5 bots, a Facebook page full of 3rd world country princes asking for your eth private key.
What is left to judge a product? Only their website. But how accurate and trustworthy can a website be? White paper too aren't to be trusted, since 90% of the time they get changed work-in-progress.

What metrics do you use?

website is the fave of the project, therefore how do projects gets more investors if they dont have a professional like websites that contains of all the information of their projects. for me this is the one content that can convince me to invest in, and followed by white papers, roadmap/milestones, team members information, actual video reviews of all team members that talking about their projects. because with all of these, you can say that your investment is 60% safe than other scam projects out there.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Pretty simple question. At the moment 99.999% of new coins tokens and crypto project all have a telegram group (full spam and bounty hunters) , a twitter account that only posts pre-made bullish news about their own coin, a subreddit with 20 subscribers and 5 bots, a Facebook page full of 3rd world country princes asking for your eth private key.
What is left to judge a product? Only their website. But how accurate and trustworthy can a website be? White paper too aren't to be trusted, since 90% of the time they get changed work-in-progress.

What metrics do you use?

I see your point, though the quality of a particular token or project is a lot more different after the end of a Campaign and you can be sure that most of them are indeed a great project or not after the ICO and mostly, after the token hits the market. Having said that, the most important thing is to verify first their credibility, their tokens and the project's potential by examining the activeness of their team developers and their road map. You said it yourself that we cannot rely on their whitepaper and their websites because it changes from time to time and from the fact that there are fraud schemes everywhere.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1

What metrics do you use?

i won't judge a token by their website. i will do more research on the whole project  Smiley liked who are their partner and team? what concept for this project?
Activity: 180
Merit: 0
one of my judgement against a token indeed sometimes through his website. because I myself feel that if a token is good, of course the team will manage with good too. primarily a source of information i.e. website.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
to be honest I always pay attention to the team to assess a project. This sometimes quite effective to know or assess the potential of a project. When this team has the great experience and also real then it would be good to follow him. on the website, and that other whitepaper is an additional part of the team that runs the application.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
A website is the least reliable aspect, keeping in mind the stakes and scale of projects. You have to create an awareness within yourself, a seamless blend of intuition, instinct, experience and research.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/

What metrics do you use?

You have raised some valid points and I agree with them. It is now hard to determine which ones are legit base only on social media, whitepaper, and website. That is why I now prefer if projects have some working MVP.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
everything you say is true and indeed it is very difficult to distinguish it. but the thing that I always do is keep on discussing and always asking important points in their projects, sometimes I also give questions that trap them. if not satisfied then I will discuss with other potential investors and also with my local community.
Activity: 456
Merit: 10
I have to agree that the website makes a big impression either it's good or bad. But it's just not all there is. If the team is great and focused on making the project a huge success then we should consider other factors too.
Activity: 714
Merit: 160
Absolutely YES, I always check their website first before participating the bounty. The better their website design includes all the information about the project indicates that their project is being built seriously...
Activity: 168
actually the website of a project also cannot be a determinant of the good or bad of a project because if the website is messy and very simple, some are even worse, it can be ascertained that the project development team does not really care about the project they are working on.
Activity: 79

What metrics do you use?

its so hard to judge the project by the website itself. i always check the whitepaper first and their social media if their account have a daily updates and active community that support the project. its been so hard to judge the project by the member of the subscriber because its good to find a new project with a good potential in the market in the future 
Activity: 447
Merit: 11
Koinomo
yes of course I also see the appearance of the website and I also see [secure] in the website view, if everything looks very good then I will go to the whitepaper and see the team on the project
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
Yes, It does matter to some extent. But, I focus on telegram more. The way admins react to questions, the way their pinned message is written.
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
I've seen fake websites ,for ICO and altcoins ,some will promise to update the website on the long run but they will vanish in thin air ,cheaper websites looks crappy and its the easiest to build ,I always stay away whenever I see one .
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end

What metrics do you use?

First off their 'team' has to be well known and have active social media profiles.  I read and click through the website looking for any odd or incorrect grammar and misspelled words.  See if they are on LinkedIN or facebook too.  I check the Whois information of the website too.  Copy sections of the text on the website and google it.  See if it comes up anywhere else.  If you find the same exact description on another project it's a guaranteed scam.

If you do the above you will get an idea of the potential worthiness of a given project.  At least this is what I do.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101

What metrics do you use?

Any information available on the site must be checked if you want to find out the truth and to judge a product; you can judge it after using its product bro..
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
As for me, that's the second thing that I always checked in every project.
My knowledge on web development/design gives me the advantage on understanding if they are reliable and isn't made just to scam.

If you'll ask me - the first factor should be the team composition.
Activity: 490
Merit: 12

What metrics do you use?
Its Quite difficult this days to differentiate between the real tokens and Cryptos project and fake or scam ones they perfected all there advertising medium and deploy every others means just to deceive and scam unsuspecting investors viewing scam accusation.thread on this forum reveals a lot about them  and that is why investing in ICOs these days is becoming difficult.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
Well, website is still a good way  to judge a good project, but do not depend outrightly on website. I have once participated in a project with very good website with good interface. It so much deceived so many investors to the point that they were carried away. Although, when i later read through the whitepaper, i discovered that it was more of ponzi than crypto. Well, there are times that the info you need to judge a project can be found on their website, but some can be very deceptive.
Pages:
Jump to: