Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you know how hackers are collecting our data by smartphone & real life? - page 2. (Read 511 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
If you install any new software on smart phone then we can see some questions. For example, "do you like to allow X application to use your camera/contacts, etc? " but we never bother to read it. We just simply click "allow".
Most people would be shocked by which apps are accessing various things on their smartphone.

Big apps like Facebook, Whatsapp and YouTube try to access everything - camera, microphone, location, contacts, SMS and phone history, etc. You might be surprised at some of your other apps though. Most crypto apps will want access to your camera for scanning QR codes, but how do you know they aren't using the camera for anything else? Many exchange apps want to track your location. Many browsers want access to your microphone. These apps will do anything to try to spy on you. It's worth pointing out that you can quite safely disable all these permissions if you aren't using the function behind them. For example, although Firefox wants access to your camera, microphone and location, if you aren't using it to upload your voice to a website or use Google maps or similar, it will work just fine if you disable all these things.

This page has instructions on how to access app permissions on various platforms: https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-check-app-permissions-ios-android-macos-windows/. I would suggest taking a look at what apps you have which are monitoring your activity, and either removing their permissions or switching to a less invasive app altogether. It's also worth turning off automatic updates - that way if an update tries to give an app more permissions, you have to manually confirm (or deny) it first.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
People tend to trust the source of the app. If for example it's from play store they believe it's legitimate for it to pass their audits. Permissions granted to sites does not constitutes a big risk in my opinion, buy we need to read through before allowing and rejecting any permission requesting really direct access.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
So we need to handle carefully our personal data. We are giving them our all details unconsciously. Scammers and hackers are more smart from us.
Often not unconsciously but consciously. I mean its common that someone think its only app on market and he MUST allow to use it. Problem is its really the case sometimes. Most of the time tho you can download alternative app that will not force you to give access to your personal data.
Choose wisely because privacy so lowly valued in modern times is valuable in real world.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
So before click "allow" please read it carefully. Don't install any software from unknown source if you don't know about it.
This is one of the most important habits everyone should have online. Especially people involved with cryptocurrencies.

I always check the site certificate, and if I have any doubts I try to check in Reddit/medium etc for confirmations about what is the official website of the program I want to download.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
Did you noticed that you were received some greedy offer by email? Although you didn't subscribe to them. Did you think how they are getting your details ? Even sometimes you had received greedy offer on your mobile phone. Did you think how they are getting your every details ?

Almost people's are using smart phone. So hackers hack our everything very smart way also. Smart phone and emails mostly used by hacker for collect your all details.

If you install any new software on smart phone then we can see some questions. For example, "do you like to allow X application to use your camera/contacts, etc? " but we never bother to read it. We just simply click "allow". By this way hackers are able to know everything what are you doing or typing. Even they are able to use your camera but you will not aware about that. They can steal your password, private key etc.

So before click "allow" please read it carefully. Don't install any software from unknown source if you don't know about it.

Sometimes you can see some free greedy offer on few website or Google ad. They will ask email, mobile,  address etc. So don't provide them your personal details. They can hack you by emails also. May be they will send a link to click. After click computer or phone will be on their control.

You will be surprise, even real life people's are trading personal details like emails, mobile no., and address. How they collect it from us ? For example, you are shopping on big shopping centre. Sometimes you can see coupon offer , so you have to fill coupons for lottery draw. Do you know they are selling it on third party ? That's why you are receiving spam greedy offer from varieties company/website.

That's the way how hacker always try to hack us. Even you can see people's are selling email data like 50K , 100K. Do you think how they collect it ? That's the way I describe above.

So we need to handle carefully our personal data. We are giving them our all details unconsciously. Scammers and hackers are more smart from us.

So stay safe, don't share your personal data on untrusted sources.
Pages:
Jump to: