Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you look at ICO ratings from the rating of the ICO website when you invest? - page 2. (Read 449 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
There are a lot of things to look at before investing in an ico. Usually i check on:

1. The project itself. It matters that the ico has a viable project.
2. The whitepaper. It gives you the details about the ico. The time table. How long the preparation of the team before the icois launched.
3. The website. To know if the ico is legit, make sure it has a working website.
4. The people behind the ico. Its important to  know who is running the show. You can check linked in so you will know if these are real people or not.
5. Ratings. It is important that you check ratings because it only proves that the ico is something one can believe in. Many people gets attracted to icos with good ratings. It helps boost their image and popularity.
Activity: 459
Merit: 10
I think that rating agencies are only references and will not affect my judgment. Because I think that rating agencies are not true, they certainly have internal operations. So I don't believe in rating agencies.
Activity: 336
Merit: 7
Yes of course, there are too many projects and we need some criteria to filter out projects. Personally I am looking at www.icoguide.com rates
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
see clearly, however, not be a reference. a lot of people sometimes use it to choose always the ICO but the results are also sometimes not appropriate. though many of the successful but many were a little disappointed over what they follow. maybe better analyze yourself and give yourself points if an ICO worth for investment or not.
Activity: 336
Merit: 0
When investing in the ico stage, I study the project myself, the team and white paper, I also look at the ratings, but the ico ratings do not give any guarantee that the project will not be scam. Ico is always a big risk.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Yes. I check ICO ratings from the rating of the ICO websites before getting deeper into it.
ICO websites are good for reference purpose. You still need to do your own research.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
How can we make sure that the investment we use can surely gives us a true profit in an ICO? As an investors we want to make sure that we can surely gain profit on an ICO that we want to invest. Do you look at the ICO ratings from the rating of the ICO website when you plan to invest?

I understand clearly that all those ratings on websites especially on unknown websites such statistics can be just imagined by people that are interested in collecting money through certain ICO projects.
Activity: 184
Yes, after verifying the whitepaper, roadmap, ideas ... I usually refer to that ico review from a few sites like coingecko, icobench, trackico. It is still a way to test the quality and utility of the ico project. Although, it can not restrict the scam projects but to ensure the quality of your investment. Be careful and take the time to consult before making a decision.
Activity: 90
Merit: 2
Yes I do but it will not be my basis on making the investment overall. A thorough review and research to the ICO must I need to answer all my questions to invest. And I don't a huge amount on my ICO investments.
Activity: 406
Yes you can do that. In fact you should do that before investing in an ICO. There are a lot of factors and thats one of them. It gives you an overview of the ICO or the project. You can also compare different projects and make decisions afterwards. Just remember, its not all about the ratings. You have study and analyze it carefully before making an investment.
Activity: 277
Yes, that is also a factor to decide on ICO investment. It's just a different assessment, but I still refer to more documentation on the project and investmen
Activity: 210
ICO rating websites can just give an overview the idea of the project, but one should not depend only on it even if the rating is 4+. Self-research should be done and should exactly focus on the problem & solution it provides and then use your own mind will it benefit the community or not in near future. Regarding investment, every investment where the talk of money comes is not 100% safe there are risks that you should calculate, the project might fail due to unfortunate events that lead to loss of your money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
They're getting paid! If I can get my ICO listed higher the more I pay, I can't trust them to be honest on other ICO's. They are not anyway, I learned about their pricing some time ago but I forgot but be sure, they get you listed higher the more you pay.
Activity: 168
I try to look at numerous ICO rating sites to get a general consensus on the ICO. While they're usually unreliable, I think it's a good idea to get an overview on the ICO from different sources.
Activity: 113
Nope, I only trust the research that I do because alot of these ICO websites are paid to put good reviews on icos that are listed on their sites so they are not trusted
Activity: 137
Merit: 1
Yes, I see the ratings from the rating the ICO website ICO. but I don't trust them, and I'm still doing my research.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
I think for now ICO rating sites are useless and peole should not trust them, there are alot of allagations against some of them, giving scam projects high rating and the project later disappear with people's money, DYOR, this is very important because it is your money not their that you are investing
Activity: 46
I look at these ratings for the sake of interest, but I do not trust them blindly. Since 1. Ratings are created on the basis of subjective opinion of other people ("experts"), therefore, the human factor also plays here. 2. One can not know for certain the reliability of the rating, it is quite possible that they were paid for a good evaluation
Activity: 333
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
Not really, because most ICO websites are biased and their scores are just advertising and not reflection of the project fundamentals. In fact most so-called "advisors" are also biased and shill a coin after they invested on it (or got allocation from the team at better terms than you). Otherwise, some of them even FUD a project and damage it. I prefer to do my own research, because it is my money on the line.
right. ICOs project There may use money to bribe  ICO review sites. So we should not trust the ICO rating websites. Before investing in a project, we need to learn about the project. That is how we protect our own money

Activity: 168
see the ICO rating on the website is predicting the ico is not a scam is not a way to see we will get a profit when investing, now very much ico that reach hardcap but when entering the market price down far below ico price
Pages:
Jump to: