Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you own a mining rig? - page 2. (Read 376 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
January 26, 2024, 09:01:53 AM
I would but electricity is too expensive in my country.

You can have fun with a "lottery miner" like bitaxe though to understand mining things but forget about mining unless you go big with low elecricity cost.

Also read stickies, they are meant for these kind of questions...
One miner said on that forum that your country has borders. If you really want to mine, then you can work in other countries either independently or as an employee. There are enough vacancies in this field in different countries.
Electricity is becoming more expensive in all countries and home mining is dying.
Activity: 238
Merit: 68
Freedom speech and decentralized places. 💕
January 23, 2024, 12:52:45 PM
I would like to know if there is anyone here really own a mining rig and is still profitable. I have seen people buying few ASIC's and still consider mining a worst investment due to poor ROI. How many ASIC's do you own for now? Also have few more questions in mind.

No I am not, but I am very interesting in getting one and start mining
I saw a video on YouTube once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbEn-fsAEqs
Where I think he explain very good and honest (at lest from my extreme small knowledge) but it cost a lot to start this (I think)
I am interested in starting mining but no way I would spend $100K and I got many other business at the moment also, but I am a person that love passive income's and always looking for new opportunities  Cheesy
But I also have wonder if Bitcoin is the only crypto worth mining? I will for sure do more research about this when I got time but at how my life is now I only spend 4 hours sleep, rest work and an hour or so to hang out here and having some fun. Maybe take that hour I spend here to look into this can give me something back in the future.

Thanks for the post, it remind myself of this thing once again.
Have a good one.

Best regards
BabyBandit
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
January 17, 2024, 02:07:52 PM
I had a few ASIC units before including D3 I made some profit before with SHA256 units but for D3 I regretted buying this before it never made me any profit.
Currently, I sold my units because it's not profitable anymore and also due to financial issues.
I was planning to try new units but until now with the current electricity rate it is still not profitable I don't know if after the block halving, we will see it become profitable again just like before.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
January 17, 2024, 12:12:54 PM
I would but electricity is too expensive in my country.

You can have fun with a "lottery miner" like bitaxe though to understand mining things but forget about mining unless you go big with low elecricity cost.

Also read stickies, they are meant for these kind of questions...
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
January 17, 2024, 10:39:52 AM
I would like to know if there is anyone here really own a mining rig and is still profitable. I have seen people buying few ASIC's and still consider mining a worst investment due to poor ROI. How many ASIC's do you own for now? Also have few more questions in mind.
I dont, because the electricity costs in my country is high and the return made from a year of mining or longer would not be enough to ROI and break even. I would be stuck with ASICs that I would not be able to sell because by then newer equipment would have come into the market and it would eventually become difficult to resell them as well.

You could still try it for educational purposes and then resell the ASIC to someone who needs it.

It might be different where you live. Check out the link @FP91G posted to see what works for you.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
January 17, 2024, 06:46:02 AM
If you read the mining news, many large companies managed to pay back their equipment in 1 year, but the price of Bitcoin was rising.
Check out the ASIC calculator
https://www.asicminervalue.com/
If your electricity costs less than 5 cents and you can mine without additional costs on your territory, then mining is profitable.
Activity: 89
Merit: 2
January 17, 2024, 06:02:36 AM
Pages:
Jump to: