Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you plan to get out of bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 5672 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
November 29, 2014, 11:29:38 AM
Exhibit A: The psychology of an idiot

I don't give a fuck about the price. The concept of bitcoin is just so damn cool. I don't care whether it's actually useful to anyone or not. I just love the name 'bitcoin'. I'll pay anything to own a bitcoin, I don't care!!! Who cares, it's only money!! Not like it's useful for anything else. If I have bitcoin, who needs money anyway! Bitcoin is better than money, even though nobody accepts it. It's just because they're uneducated and they don't understand its worth $10,000 even though the market price is $10. I don't care what other people think, they're wrong!! In 100 years I'll still own my bitcoin - that's all that matters! Even if it goes to $10, I'll still hold.

Yeah so the early adopters in 2009 who grasped the idea, mined the coins, bought coins in the early years which had no economic purpose whatsoever were idiots.

The people who bought bitcoins when they were 10$, such idiots!

I am guessing everyone who has accrued any wealth is an idiot!

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
November 29, 2014, 11:23:02 AM
no
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
November 29, 2014, 11:20:39 AM
I'll only trade bitcoin for goods and services, never for paper money.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
November 29, 2014, 11:16:41 AM
I already out but I plan go "go in" again Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
November 29, 2014, 11:01:58 AM
The thing is Bitcoin is an adventure unlike any other. Money and social interactions are almost mutually exclusive and Bitcoin manages to bring people from these two worlds together.
This is reinforced by the fact that a lot of 'common people' have made decent money with Bitcoin, money they probably couldn't dream of having in the real world. I think this unusual bond is likely to last longer than skeptics claim.
Activity: 722
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
November 29, 2014, 08:31:39 AM
I have no idea what I plan to do. I'd probably sell half of my stash if the coins reached a handsome price. I'd like to keep some just in case the price doubled or tripled again in the future. Only time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
November 29, 2014, 07:33:25 AM
It really amazes me, when i look at a few hundred euro bills i don't feel anything special. Because i know that someone else can print as much of them as he wants.

No excitement when i get a few euros on my paypal acc. But on the other hand, explosions when i get a few bits in my wallet - lol.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
I like guns.
November 29, 2014, 03:37:17 AM
I'm a long term holder and I see no reason to get out. If you're here to convert to fiat one day after making a large profit, I think you're missing the overall point of Bitcoin.
Activity: 675
November 29, 2014, 02:49:41 AM
Why would I want to get out of bitcoin?
I just got into it after so much effort.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1512
November 29, 2014, 02:21:23 AM

I don't give a fuck about the price. The concept of bitcoin is just so damn cool. I don't care whether it's actually useful to anyone or not. I just love the name 'bitcoin'. I'll pay anything to own a bitcoin, I don't care!!! Who cares, it's only money!! Not like it's useful for anything else. If I have bitcoin, who needs money anyway! Bitcoin is better than money, even though nobody accepts it. It's just because they're uneducated and they don't understand its worth $10,000 even though the market price is $10. I don't care what other people think, they're wrong!! In 100 years I'll still own my bitcoin - that's all that matters! Even if it goes to $10, I'll still hold.

How kind of you to share your personal outlook. 
legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.
November 29, 2014, 02:00:48 AM
Already out. The bubble has burst

Which one?

So many Bitcoin bubbles.
legendary
Activity: 938
November 29, 2014, 01:57:11 AM
Already out. The bubble has burst
Activity: 481
Merit: 102
November 29, 2014, 01:53:40 AM

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
November 28, 2014, 09:51:29 PM

Szabo and Wences Casares (among others) make the point that we only used gold as jewelry *because* it was monetarily valuable, so that mucks with the idea of jewelry being an "intrinsic" use for gold.
http://szabo.best.vwh.net/shell.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERAN-89j8M

When the ladies start wearing bitcoins formed into jewelry, then I'll buy into that argument, lol.
Show me a lady that doesn't want money.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
November 28, 2014, 08:55:35 PM

Szabo and Wences Casares (among others) make the point that we only used gold as jewelry *because* it was monetarily valuable, so that mucks with the idea of jewelry being an "intrinsic" use for gold.

When the ladies start wearing bitcoins formed into jewelry, then I'll buy into that argument, lol.
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
November 28, 2014, 06:39:41 PM
no

I don't give up on things that give me money, you know
Might not put more money on it though
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
November 28, 2014, 06:25:22 PM
The nice thing with local exchanges and localbitcoins, is that the coins are now hyper liquid. So I can drain down my bank account to a bare minimum, still I have fiat not far away if need should arise.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
November 28, 2014, 05:00:37 PM
Yeah. And in thinking that the term "intrinsic value" is meaningful, revealed himself as a weak-thinker.

Well, you can define "intrinsic value" as the value an asset would have on the market, if it was only produced, traded and exchanged for the purpose of using it as a consumption good or as a capital good (capital as in production capital), and not as a store of value of any kind.

Yes, we can get semantic about it. The point is that he fails to consider where money's value actually comes from.

Bitcoin has no intrinsic value at all,

Well, you could argue that it's useful for storing data in a robust way, or things along those lines. Turns out that memory function is a superset of money, so...

and gold has only a very limited intrinsic value: to make jewelry (in as much as it is only used to be worn as jewelry, and not as an investment or store of value),

It is a good thing that money has no intrinsic value ; because due to the monetary function, the market price is higher than the intrinsic value, which would damage the real use of the asset.  If cereals would have a very high monetary price, everybody would hoard them, and people would starve because cereals would become too expensive to make food of.

Yes, fully agree. Gold is a reasonable example. It'd be used in electronics more if it wasn't so damned expensive (with most of the expense coming from the investment demand). So society would be able to allocate resources more efficiently if there was an alternative to gold that had all of gold's properties but was nearly useless for industrial purposes.
Activity: 924
November 28, 2014, 03:29:29 PM
No, I'm buying more. Professionals are accumulating silently. The signs are there in the charts if you know how to look for them and understand how smart money operates. These are the cheap coins, my friends. If you're lucky you'll see $300 one more time but don't count on it.
Pages:
Jump to: