Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you really earn more money because you went to college? - page 2. (Read 13000 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 19
The bad thing about going to college is that it takes four years to get a diploma, but it lacks the chance to experience in society. Therefore, the basic diploma of graduation does not show any advantages.
Activity: 518
Merit: 253
yes of course, because you get title.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
I make more money to buy a house, college is just a springboard of life.
Activity: 160
Merit: 0
Study is not just for money earnings but to educate ones self. If to earn money is the purpose, I think bitcoin is the best.
Activity: 118
People that go to college are in average brighter, harder working, more ambitious and for more affluante families and they are meant to make more money (as a group) than people that don't go to college

If you factor in the cost of going to college will you really make more money because of the diploma you will get?

Support : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUFBk3477o (few minutes video debating the subject)

if I do, because with college we have knowledge that is systematic, has experience and insight, also have many relations that can work together and share information so much help us in increasing income, but success has many factors, especially the factors in us how much we want to get ahead in the economy or earn money.
Activity: 784
https://streamies.io/

It depends on the years of college students study hard or lazy, what is the acquisition or not? That is the decisive factor for you to make a lot of money. A successful person does not necessarily have to go to college. There are many people, successful entrepreneurs, earn a lot of money, earn a profit every year. Without college, that is, they have the foresight, the will and the endless effort, motivating themselves to earn a lot of money.
Activity: 19
Quick answer is yes, but I think the true answer is that college gives you more potential to make more money. In some ways I think the internet has leveled the playing field quite a bit as college used to be one of the only ways that anyone could rapidly gain information. Now with the easy access to massive amounts of information for free on the internet, the potential to earn more money is tipping to not going to college.
Activity: 196
It depends on what kind of degree you get, most people go to college and get a terrible degree and they got into debt because of it so they are not getting a lot of benefit from their college education.
Activity: 126
I learned a lot in college and it was fun. But I am not really doing anything associated with my major, so it was in some sense a waste of time and money. Although I would never give up the experience. I think I would just take more risks. I didn't know what I wanted to do the entire time I was in college, because until you work in a field you really don't understand what it is all about.
Activity: 231
For everyone one successful business, there are a hundred that failed. So, one non-graduate did better than all the other graduates. But the other graduates did better than the non-graduate.
Activity: 280
If you like coding job, join a few open source projects. You will get noticed fast if you are good at what you are doing.
Activity: 178
Where I went to school for Computer Science and am finding it tough to get a job at programming.  Everywhere I look everyone wants 3-5 years of experience coding with no degree required...
Activity: 280
Presumably the college educated move to lower jobs, and the less educated people become unemployed.  So keep in mind that competition is a complex phenomenon, and the degree is still worthwhile.
Activity: 210
The data during recessions shows that the college educated people have low unemployment, and high school graduates have higher unemployment.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Law of supply and demand will mean wages have to go down for the "elite" due to competition.
Activity: 266
In most cases yes since diploma is needed in applying for a better paying job. But it is not always the case since even you are not a college graduate, you can earn more money by being hardworking, skilled and wise.
Activity: 308
We know that...That is basically what we said in both our posts.  We said if you didn't go to college and just started at a minimum wage job and moved up the ladder, versus someone who went to college and paid back loans how much money  you made/lost between the 2 people.
This is true. and the fact that there are no requirements to borrow for college make it so colleges have zero incentive to try to keep costs in line.
Activity: 225
Austria is a very small country, still has some top 100 ranked college degree programs (BSC, MA, MBA and MSC)
It is quite the opposite, US colleges are way more bloated and inefficient. They increase the cost of tuition way faster than the actual incurred costs for them...
Pages:
Jump to: