Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you REALLY trust hardware wallets? - page 4. (Read 787 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 363
39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD
March 06, 2018, 03:33:35 PM
You can check the source code of the hardware wallet applications for the Ledger, and inspect the firmware source code of the Trezor.
Also you are in possession of the hardware itself so you can break it down and tinker with it to your satisfaction to check if it's broken or not.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
March 06, 2018, 12:04:45 PM
So Ledger are releasing a soon to be mandatory update for the Nano S.

The reason is hinted at here - https://twitter.com/spudowiar/status/970977060134023168

I've read elsewhere that physical access is required for any issues so everyone should be fine.

However I can only imagine the amount of problems that pop up will increase as the amount of money lurking on hardware wallets accelerates. The incentives are just too enormous.

I'm nowhere near savvy enough to know whether something is coded well but I have faith in the creators and coders to do their best to stay on top of things, however there's no shortage of dodgy people with matching skills who'll go all out to beat them and it could a finely balanced race.

Will you choose to keep the faith no matter what happens or regress to things like paper wallets if more weirdness emerges?
Pages:
Jump to: