Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you store funds on your computer? - page 2. (Read 266 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 1
April 23, 2020, 01:27:21 AM
No one knows the safety of their fund. You can store on bank, share market and finally on Blockchain exchange. Now time has changed. There are lots of ways to store digital funds on online or offline. I mostly store digital assets on my computer. I have back up plan on hard disk, pan drive and mobile. On online you can store on google drive, social media messages or archives, emails and many more.
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 21, 2020, 08:32:07 PM
Where do most people  (other than institutional investors) store their crypto?
I am so curious and I can bet it's on exchanges as most institutional
investors keep funds there as well ( https://cointelegraph.com/news/not-your-keys-92-of-institutional-investors-keep-crypto-on-exchanges )

Your thread topic question is already a question yet you poll a lot more that contradicts it LOL.

Yet most would really say that they store their coins in numerous ways and often all of what you mentioned. No one trusts a computer alone as a single accident on your system such as being hacked or motherboard problems would make you lose your wealth instantly.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
April 21, 2020, 01:22:47 PM
I have desktop wallets installed on my computer but I am equally stored funds on other devices as well especially the mobile phones so I can reduce the chance of losing everything at a time if I am in such situation. And also to be honest I have $1000 worth of cryptos on exchange for emergency purpose so I can liquidate if I need it but for security of the funds having 2FA.
Activity: 421
Merit: 97
April 21, 2020, 12:53:44 PM
I actually asked some people why they store funds on exchanges and these are the reasons:

Haha well this would certainly be the place to post that information.
Also, do you store your seed phrases and private keys in a text document on your desktop?

This is not actually a problem if you are smart enough. Just use a random image (e.g family picture)
and apply stenography or other encryption techniques to store that in the image. Nobody would ever suspect and this
is actually safe as long as you keep your whole family history photos. No hacker is going to analyze your 10,000 pictures.

Tips: use a photo where small children appear. There was a research where it was shown that lost wallets with a picture
of a small child inside have 80% higher return rates.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
April 21, 2020, 11:49:16 AM
I have a lot of places to not put all eggs in one basket
I have in my computer, in an old computer totally offline, in my smartphone, some small amount in exchange do to some trades and in a flash drive  Grin

For me the best way to protect is to divide in a lot of places, this way is safer

Some of my coins are stored in my wallet which is installed on my laptop (Electrum Wallet). Few of my coins are stored in different exchanges.
Although its not safe to keep your funds in exchanges or even in computer which often connects the internet, but still I am keep them there with a hope that no mishaps happens.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 21, 2020, 10:27:41 AM
Haha well this would certainly be the place to post that information.
Also, do you store your seed phrases and private keys in a text document on your desktop?
April 21, 2020, 10:10:13 AM
I have in my computer, in an old computer totally offline, in my smartphone, some small amount in exchange do to some trades and in a flash drive  Grin

For me the best way to protect is to divide in a lot of places, this way is safer

I also had 9.1 Ethereum in multiple places including: computer myetherwallet, metamask, trezor and exchange. Sold everything on 4/20/2020 and waiting
to see if Ethereum falls back a little bit.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
April 21, 2020, 07:55:47 AM

April 21, 2020, 07:48:16 AM
Follow up poll:  "Will you install this application to make free coin?"

Smiley

You forgot the will you turn off your antivirus first to install this application to make free coin?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
April 21, 2020, 07:47:06 AM
Follow up poll:  "Will you install this application to make free coin?"

Smiley
April 21, 2020, 07:45:46 AM
Where do most people  (other than institutional investors) store their crypto?
I am so curious and I can bet it's on exchanges as most institutional
investors keep funds there as well ( https://cointelegraph.com/news/not-your-keys-92-of-institutional-investors-keep-crypto-on-exchanges )
Pages:
Jump to: