Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think 100% pre-mine coins are good?? - page 2. (Read 1985 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
Premine can work as long as the public has confidence in the distribution.
NEM for instance has 3000 stakeholders.  Taint analysis was used to remove hundreds of sockpuppets and the large scale diminishes any return from sockpuppets.

In contrast - you can have something like NxT (100% premine) which only had 73 stakeholders, of which 20 owned the majority, bought all the NxT for 21 BTC.  Probably most of these 20 big stakeholders were sockpuppets since there was no taint analysis used and it was such an obscure IPO that it was likely the same people signing up multiple stakes.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams
A coin that had an enormous premine before launch can still function as a coin if the developers hold onto their premined coins instead of selling them. Satoshi currently has about a million bitcoins but he hasn't touched any of them and so the price of BTC isn't falling.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
It makes all of crypto look bad when you premine 100% coins out of thin air and then put them on an exchange so they can be exchanged for real money. If you allow one of these, then you have to allow them all and then you got everybody creating coins out of thin air and the markets will implode and we will all be the the laughing stock of the real world.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
(When ppl will learn what "Ponzi scheme" means? FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme)
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
yep..it will be good as long as the distribution is fair and transparent and so far only 2 of them are qualify with these 2 factors:
1.Comm
2.C2

these two are Ponzi scheme for me
legendary
Activity: 1512
As some of you guys said, if the distribution is widespread, fair and transparent then it's OK. Certainly the devs can give away coins to themselves by using sockpuppet accounts but i think that not worse than the other forms of premine or even instamining.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
in ripple's case:  in my eyes, xrp's were not meant to be bought and held like some financial instruments like stocks and bonds or even btc. they were meant to be a bridge currency to make transactions easier. now, how can xrp fulfill its purpose if it is being hoarded?

ripple is not about xrp speculation. it is about ripple the network itself. here's one prime example of a use in ripple on a community, non-professional level:  https://xrptalk.org/topic/1865-cultivating-a-web-of-trust-for-trading-hour-ious/

but the reality of it is there will always be speculators despite of what i said above. stupid or not will depend if they make a killing or not.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
if there is a transparent distribution why not?

if they require ipo or other garbage shit like that than hell no...
  must distribute 99
Activity: 182
what would you do.use this coin?pos
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
if there is a transparent distribution why not?

if they require ipo or other garbage shit like that then hell no...
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
100% premine is evil!
Activity: 140
Doomed to collapse in on themselves eventually.
Activity: 654
Merit: 500
yep..it will be good as long as the distribution is fair and transparent and so far only 2 of them are qualify with these 2 factors:
1.Comm
2.C2
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
So far, one person voted yes and it wasn't me.
A large pre-mine is probably the sign of a scam.
Even a "fair" distribution probably uses sock puppets to give the dev extra.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
It's only a good idea to invest in these if you are a stupid person
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
There good if by good you meant to make the devs rich!

I only get into coins with ZERO (0) NO PREMINE!
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001
Well i don't like 100% pre-mine coins .Tell me your opinion!!
Pages:
Jump to: