Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think BIP 106 would have solved the Mempool congestion due to BRC20? - page 2. (Read 282 times)

legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%
The proposal is quite interesting because of the aim to make the fix blocksize become dynamic depending on the previous transaction.  If the implementation is perfect then I think it will solve the problem of BRC20 congesting the mempool but I believe the developer had some issues integrating BIP 106 to the network reason why it is not used.  It is probably because of possible flaws that may happen and can affect the Bitcoin network even worse.
Activity: 214
Merit: 277
Because of the recent Mempool congestion due to BRC20 some discussions of past crossed my mind. Bitcoin Scalability Problem is not new. Block Size Limit Controversy was a byproduct of this. This gave us multiple BIPs (Bitcoin Improvement Proposal) by multiple experts. Below is a consolidated list of those all...

Out of all these, I have always voiced in favor of BIP 106 on BitcoinTalk. Second part of the proposal, i.e. Proposal 2 : Depending on previous block size calculation and previous Tx fee collected by miners, has always seemed most practical & effective to me.

Now, as almost 8 years have passed and the scaling issue is still daunting us, what do you think about this proposal?
Pages:
Jump to: