Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think DeFi season is going to be just like Altcoin season? - page 6. (Read 1239 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 3
At least we saw now that this De-Fi project has been delivered the live product and has used it in the ecosystem not just like ICO, this isn't comparable yet. And the fact that most De-Fi tokens projects are being held in by top 500 holder addresses.

And yes, there are too many speculation parts about this and we can't blame those investors comparing ICO and De-Fi projects especially those people had been failure of having profit on ICO's projects back then. Let see and wait for the result and at least we invest of what we can afford.

Yeah it's going to be interesting for sure. we'll just have to wait and watch.
I think everything has a perfect  time and a date to expire.DeFi project is the new trend which is more hyped than 2018 ICO,s or Altcoins rally.DeFI projects are performing very well.But because if this hype every project are turning into DeFI. and just like ICO many scammers are running scam DeFi project.I think it will bring down the DeFi project.If  the DeFi project rally continues in 2021 it will be a great opportunity for crypto to grow more.And I think DeFi will be a trend for a some time may be year or more.

Yeah, feels like it got more legs than ICOs had. Interesting to see what project stick around and whether they can sustain the success and hype.
Did you mean the current DeFi hype like ICO hype in 2017/2018?

Well, IMO there's no different from that and nowadays many frauds on behalf of DeFi project already exposed.

Yeah ICO Seasons of 2017-18. Huge pump followed by an equally huge dump across the board
Activity: 936
Merit: 100
it looks like this is very similar to 2018, this will probably fly high altcoin prices easily and this can be used as an option to get bigger profits
Activity: 714
Merit: 611

... And the fact that most De-Fi tokens projects are being held in by top 500 holder addresses.

Damn! it surprised me ... most of the projects concentrated among 500 addresses / users, so unfortunately their real decentralization does not look good ... In this case maybe we should call most of them rather CeFi - Centralized Finance

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
At least we saw now that this De-Fi project has been delivered the live product and has used it in the ecosystem not just like ICO, this isn't comparable yet. And the fact that most De-Fi tokens projects are being held in by top 500 holder addresses.

And yes, there are too many speculation parts about this and we can't blame those investors comparing ICO and De-Fi projects especially those people had been failure of having profit on ICO's projects back then. Let see and wait for the result and at least we invest of what we can afford.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
Some of the projects that were already known to be De-Fi long before ICO season started were like BitRefill and they are legit. Now we are seeing lending pools and stablecoins pools are De-Fi project and added on top are the fanbois hoping to see huge gains. This all makes it seem similar to the hyped ICO pump of 2017.

However it does not mean that all of them are scams. But profitable to investors? Doubtful about it because ICOs were not legal securities and as long as this sector remains unregulated nothing good will happen to altcoins. You can only put your trust in one thing and that is bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit
we can see right now only the speculation part of this process (the same that we have seen with mostly of ICO).
however behind project launched there are some advantages, since cryptocurrencies have new valid instruments and bringing new users, create opportunities is always a plus.

However, there are some project that have been launched with "malicious" intentions (likewise no code audited etc etc). anyone should be very cautious at first sight while investing in such projects.
Activity: 714
Merit: 611
Smells a lot like 2018 doesn't it?

exactly people have scent the money and they all pretend to be part of this ecosystem ....
But it rather reminds me days of the dot.com bubble from the end of the XXth century (I'm probably one of the very few here who remember it) then the shares of every company that announced that they were entering the dot.coms or even IT business soared. I perfectly remember a shoe manufacturer who announced that he decided not to produce shoes anymore and is moving to the IT business - his shares jumped 10 times during the week ... why do I remember it so well? Because I bought on top .... ;-/

Activity: 385
Merit: 12
I think everything has a perfect  time and a date to expire.DeFi project is the new trend which is more hyped than 2018 ICO,s or Altcoins rally.DeFI projects are performing very well.But because if this hype every project are turning into DeFI. and just like ICO many scammers are running scam DeFi project.I think it will bring down the DeFi project.If  the DeFi project rally continues in 2021 it will be a great opportunity for crypto to grow more.And I think DeFi will be a trend for a some time may be year or more.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 308
Did you mean the current DeFi hype like ICO hype in 2017/2018?

Well, IMO there's no different from that and nowadays many frauds on behalf of DeFi project already exposed.
Smells a lot like 2018 doesn't it?
Pages:
Jump to: