Pages:
Author

Topic: do you think folk from argentina are going to.. - page 2. (Read 1762 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
massively invest in bitcoin to avoid pesos crisis?

I don't think they will invest in btc "massively" mainly because most people still don't know anything about bitcoins.

it can spread virally though. all it takes is a few people doing it, who know what the benefits are, and then they talk to family/friends to influence them as well.
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
If they could do so - with gold, silver, dollars or bitcoin - they would do so.  The problem is multi-fold:  import/export controls, capital controls, and finding people who want pesos.  

I feel for the people of Argentina who are being used and abused by power-hungry authoritarian statists who care only for themselves and their money and power instead of the people.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
This can be dome just by the government, not ordinary people.
It's really question if they will consider Bitcoin as real solution for their problems.
But, if they do, it will really help not just them but also us, in the term of popularity, global acceptance etc...
Activity: 274
No, but I'm sure it will spur people to look for alternative ways of storing their wealth and bitcoin could pique the interest of some Argentinians. I hope they get wind of it somehow. Maybe it's out job to promote it to them somehow.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust

I don't think they will invest in btc "massively" mainly because most people still don't know anything about bitcoins.

i go with that.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

You can't avoid a currency (pessos) crisis by investing in another currency
Activity: 406
I don't think  they will invest massively as you put it because as pointed out above it's not as well known as of yet and not many people know about it. There may be cases that if people find out about it they may invest if they can.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260

Activity: 286
Pages:
Jump to: