Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Gavin Andresen will make a comeback? - page 2. (Read 295 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 513
Gavin Andresen was known to be one of the most "iconic" Bitcoin developers in the pioneer cryptocurrency's early days. After he talked about Craig Wright being Satoshi, he disappeared. Some time ago (around 1 or 2 years ago), he worked on something related to Bitcoin Cash (which you can see on his Github page). But after that, there hasn't been any activity related to Mr. Andresen whatsoever.

Do you think by any chance he'll make a comeback into the world of crypto? He could be real useful for making either Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash stronger than ever before. I know that we already have many talented developers working on both projects, but Gavin is skillful and knowledgeable about Blockchain since he's been a pioneer in the industry.

What do you think? ??
He planned his retirement, I'm not sure of the exact reasons, but it was pretty clear that he was going to return around 2015, and even the Craig Wright nonsense just seemed like fucking with the media, not a reason for his departure.

He could be working hard, every day, trying to fork BTC into the new biggest coin that goes mainstream and makes it big, but I doubt it, he's likely just enjoying life and screwing around with his other project as a hobby.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
Coming back to Bitcoin Core will be massively difficult and challenging to Gavin, as he'll receive enormous setback from the existing devs. He'll most likely be welcome to Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV though.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
As one of the earliest pioneers in the industry, Gavin is likely exorbitantly rich by now.

He has probably also already accomplished his goals of producing a truly decentralized economy. As such, why would he come back? There is nothing left for him here.

The industry has been set on the path he planned for, it is best if he sits at the sidelines and watches it flourish without him being a centralized guiding force.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
He is now part of bcash team, and I think that they have a lot of problems with their latest bcash hardfork, so he is busy  Grin
More time he spends with Roger, less are the chances to see him back working on Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
He’s probably not going to return to the whole scene since he already left, plus the fact that he’s into other projects and is quite fruitful and satisfied there. Perhaps he’s been doing some minor checks here and there in bitcoin’s code but to be a full-time dev is already out of the question for him. But yeah, we don’t know how people in retirement’s mind works. First they can tell you that they’re so done and the next time when they’re bored, they’ll go back to what they’ve been doing previously.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

but Gavin is skillful and knowledgeable about Blockchain since he's been a pioneer in the industry.
Being pioneer in the industry does not mean that you are still perform as you did. I used to be we developer long ago and I was really good but I have left that sector long ago. Now when I see these days programmers and developers I sometimes feels myself really outdated and most of them are out of my scope.

My point is that technology changes every single day and if you are keeping yourself up to date with these and are not consistence then being a pioneer is not going to give you any advantage. Bitcoin community evolved and even person like Satoshi can not make much impact anymore. Bitcoin is not a one node or few nodes. It's thousands nodes and millions are into it.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
gavin way back in 2011-12 said he would be retiring from the project after 3-5 years.. so the whole leaving core and stuff was all planned.

i dont see him returning and being allowed to be part of core for obvious reasons. so he will just work on other projects if he got bored of retirement

by the way. the gavin/faketoshi drama. was just media entertainment. not the real reason he left
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Gavin Andresen was known to be one of the most "iconic" Bitcoin developers in the pioneer cryptocurrency's early days. After he talked about Craig Wright being Satoshi, he disappeared. Some time ago (around 1 or 2 years ago), he worked on something related to Bitcoin Cash (which you can see on his Github page). But after that, there hasn't been any activity related to Mr. Andresen whatsoever.

Do you think by any chance he'll make a comeback into the world of crypto? He could be real useful for making either Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash stronger than ever before. I know that we already have many talented developers working on both projects, but Gavin is skillful and knowledgeable about Blockchain since he's been a pioneer in the industry.

What do you think? ??
Pages:
Jump to: