Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think it is safe to buy coins that are only listed on one small exchange? - page 7. (Read 808 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 100
 As much as possible avoid buying your crypto assets on small exchanges, because it is too risky for fraud and price manipulation. its protection system is also still in doubt because it is still a new exchange. You also have to pay attention to the token or coin that you buy, whether it's good in the future or just a moment's hype and the risk is that you can lose your money.
I just know MANA is good, because it's a metaverse project, which is in high demand these days.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1476
Just be cautious with these coins you want to buy. Listing on small exchange means they don't have money for listing, and their project is so weak, that exchanges does not offer them free listing. I would buy such coins only if they are traded at least on two exchanges. Just to have a plan B in case one exchange decides to delist this coin. It is a very complicated question btw. What do you mean by "small exchange" ? Low trading volumes? Or due to lack of good reputation? If you want to make a purchase, not only you have to do a proper research of this coin, but you need to find out a lot about exchange itself. As it might get disappear quickly, get hacker or turn into scam.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
I want to start investing in early projects, and I want to ask if you buy coins on small exchanges? Is it safe? And to what extent are such exchanges protected from hacker attacks?
As long as the small exchange site has good reputation and that's fine. It's safe but remember that you must have checked the reputation of coin that you will buy it as well. There's no guarantee for that exchange site protected from hacker as the hacked case can happen from the various bugs that being exploited by the hacker. The developers of exchange site didn't aware about this bug and hacker was using this to hijacking the exchange site.

I am interested in such coins as nwc, cdt and mana, what do you think of these projects? Should you buy these coins?
NWC and MANA were good but it's not for CDT. this one seems bad compared with NWC and MANA but i prefer to go all in MANA rather than diversify my money into the some coins that didn't get hype like NWC and CDT. It's not again for CDT. CDT will be dumped to the zero value.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
I want to start investing in early projects, and I want to ask if you buy coins on small exchanges? Is it safe? And to what extent are such exchanges protected from hacker attacks?
Nowadays, you don't need to buy cheap coins on small exchanges as you can use DEX (pancakeswap et al.)
However, if it's only listed on some random centralized exchanges, better be careful. The best practice is to always go in (deposit) and out (withdraw) immediately as it can be hacked anytime. I, for example, still have some shitcoin in Cryptopia, which was closed down because of embezzlement.
copper member
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
I am interested in such coins as nwc, cdt and mana, what do you think of these projects? Should you buy these coins?
NWC, CDT, and MANA are not only listed on small exchanges, they are already listed on many large exchanges.
Of the three tokens, the best in my opinion is Decentraland (MANA). MANA is a Metaverse project, and as we know the metaverse has a huge hype right now.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
I want to start investing in early projects, and I want to ask if you buy coins on small exchanges? Is it safe?
yes, I bought new coins from less popular exchanges. is it safe? very clearly it is risky. but usually I always observe and make an analysis, whether the coin is worth it or not before buying. all back at risk, if you can compromise with this then buying new coins on small exchanges is not a problem.

And to what extent are such exchanges protected from hacker attacks?

Before worrying about hackers, I was more afraid of the development team than the coins I bought. because 90% of new coins that are on small exchanges end up being abandoned by developers. this always happens when the project is not in demand. after all hackers are not after low cap coins, so new coins are not their target.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

I don't really know about the three projects that you mentioned so i can't really give you an advice on those coins i can only tell you, that you should always be aware if someone tells you that you need to buy these coins now because they will surely do a x10 very soon or stuff like that because most of the times those guys are just shillers that just want to dump on you.
Regarding small exchanges, it is of course always more risky to trade on small or new exchanges. Being small alone makes an exchange not automatically bad because there are hundreds of exchanges  out their nowadays so if it is an exchange that is already out for quite some time then i would not be too worried. Best would be to check with a small amount first, if withdraws work and stuff like that.
Activity: 43
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: