Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think lulzsec will target Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 3462 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Support Lulzsec. He wants Bitcoin to thrive.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
LulzSec are friends. Bitcoin went global thanks to marketing by LulzSec in mainstream media.
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=17268

If indeed LulzSec are friends of bitcoin I want them to know that I will make a huge donation to their cause(s) if they would help me recover the funds. I'd be their biggest friend for sure then.

legendary
I don't think they would attack the value of their own assets, or the means by which that value was so easily transmitted to them. Over 7 grand worth at the time, that is considerable MFW.

I don't think them stealing from other bitcoin  users attacks the value of their own assets. They know that due to the nature of bitcoin it would be damn near impossible to get caught. As long as they can find a few users to target per month it's essentially free money for them. Whoever "they" are they pretty much hit the jackpot when they came across my wallet -somehow (I've yet to determine how).

And even if they would affect the value of their assets, they're just going to find willing pawns and launder the bitcoins and eventually cash them out and laugh all the way to the bank.

Now I am not saying LulzSec did this. Fact is that we don't know. That Anonakomis guy bragged about it so he's the likely suspect at this point.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
LulzSec are friends. Bitcoin went global thanks to marketing by LulzSec in mainstream media.
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=17268
Activity: 28
The Bitcoin white paper says it is more profitable to mine/start a business around BTC than to hack it.  As one can only do so little, i.e. retract his most recent transaction if the chain is hacked.

Also, LulzSec is getting a lot of donation in Bitcoins as well, it is in their incentive to promote BTC, not putting a wretch into the grinding wheels of justice (that's how I see BTC. Smiley)
Amen, I'm definantly Devoted to BTC<3
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The Bitcoin white paper says it is more profitable to mine/start a business around BTC than to hack it.  As one can only do so little, i.e. retract his most recent transaction if the chain is hacked.

Also, LulzSec is getting a lot of donation in Bitcoins as well, it is in their incentive to promote BTC, not putting a wretch into the grinding wheels of justice (that's how I see BTC. Smiley)
Activity: 28
Just wondering since they seem to go after everything else, and apparently the goons hate Bitcoin.
Are we sure they haven't? Lulsec might have caused all the mt.gox close ans flaws.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
etcetera
I don't think they would attack the value of their own assets, or the means by which that value was so easily transmitted to them. Over 7 grand worth at the time, that is considerable MFW.
legendary
This person supposedly is:

http://twitter.com/#!/anonakomis

He then proceeds to deny it as a joke.

Someone mentioned on another post that the address the stolen 25K BTC went to was  donation address for either lulzsec or for this guy's group (Anon)

It's so easy on the net to manufacture misinformation that one begins to think it is hopeless to think anyone will ever find out the truth.

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
i dont think so... since bitcoin is a too nice way for them to receive donations
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Just wondering since they seem to go after everything else, and apparently the goons hate Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: