Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think players can play properly against a recovered Covid-19 opponent? - page 3. (Read 418 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
If the player is a logical-type of person which more thinks rationally than emotionally then I might say that having a direct contact with a fully recovered covid 19 patient/opponent won't bother him at all.

Well, I don't blame those who want to play safe either since we don't yet have a strong defense against it but still hoping they can fix their mindset. The simple act of staying away from a recovered patient can leave a stigma. It is somehow considered a form of discrimination  (though not intentional) because it makes him feel that he is all alone. Let the compassion in our hearts win above all Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
its recovered and virus free so why worry ? you know that worrying will only affect your gameplay , im sure they dont want to loose  . its actually thier advantage and not a disadvantage because thier oponnent were still weak and traumatize from the recent covid virus that hit on their body  but they cant play in a poor condition either because their managers wont allow it  . the match are still going to be tough  so we must bet properly and research both teams  strength and weakneses  .

It has been noticed that a virus-free patient who has fully recovered and already been discharged may actually test positive in the next several days. While we can dismiss this as a case of a virus residue being detected, we cannot discount the fact that the understanding of this virus has not yet reached a level which we could be very confident about.

So, I guess, it will probably affect how other players would interact with another player who had once been infected with the virus.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
The recovered Covid-19 player can back infected from other people who are a carrier or asymptomatic. But they can prevent that by always take care of their health, and even if they make physical contact with another player who is a carrier.

For a recovered Covid-19 player, they shouldn't play for some time until they can fully recover from Covid-19 because we don't know if they can get infected or not in the next games. I think the sporting event staff already think about that, and if somehow, they get this, they will know what they need to do. And if necessary, perhaps, they will cancel the game for a while until everything is clear.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

its recovered and virus free so why worry ? you know that worrying will only affect your gameplay , im sure they dont want to loose  . its actually thier advantage and not a disadvantage because thier oponnent were still weak and traumatize from the recent covid virus that hit on their body  but they cant play in a poor condition either because their managers wont allow it  . the match are still going to be tough  so we must bet properly and research both teams  strength and weakneses  .
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
Depends how long the player has been recovered. If the player just recovered recently, there will be a huge factor to worry because some cases in different countries from those recovered patients, after wards they've seen to become infected again.

Sports association or management should have implement a rule that a complete recovery within a range of time before allowing a player to play.

Based from this article, there is probability that a recovered covid patient can still be reinfected.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/no-evidence-that-recovered-covid-19-patients-cannot-be-reinfected-who/

So for those managing sports events, they should weigh their decisions when it comes to healthy protocols.
Because a lot are showing asymptomatic cases, one wouldn't know their status if they will not undergo the testing.
In this regard, it is better to subject all the involved persons to testing before they can proceed the event.
It was what I'm saying before. There is a chance that a recovered patient can get infected again. That's the reason the management of any sporting event should be careful in assessing the players that was once became infected until a player has been cleared for a long time.

The time period of recovery is important because as I've seen with the news, the medical personnel's always look to that factor. Just a disclaimer, I'm not a medical expert or practitioner and what I have said is based from the news that I've seen with an interview coming from a medical personnel.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
Depends how long the player has been recovered. If the player just recovered recently, there will be a huge factor to worry because some cases in different countries from those recovered patients, after wards they've seen to become infected again.

Sports association or management should have implement a rule that a complete recovery within a range of time before allowing a player to play.

Based from this article, there is probability that a recovered covid patient can still be reinfected.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/no-evidence-that-recovered-covid-19-patients-cannot-be-reinfected-who/

So for those managing sports events, they should weigh their decisions when it comes to healthy protocols.
Because a lot are showing asymptomatic cases, one wouldn't know their status if they will not undergo the testing.
In this regard, it is better to subject all the involved persons to testing before they can proceed the event.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
First of all, this is not about discrimination. This is about players feeling. The sports covered here are those with physical contact.

We all know that in some sports leagues, some players are being infected with the pandemic virus.

Now that some sports leagues are bound to resume and others are already resumed, do you think it will play a big role in their performance if somehow a team is against a team with recovered Covid-19 players on it? The mindset is still there that even these former Covid-19 players are now cleared and 100%, the worry is still there.

For me, yes. It can play as a factor in my future betting.
Pages:
Jump to: