Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think signature Campaigns will still continue when btc goes $800 ? - page 2. (Read 2695 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
The signature campaigns will continue when the bitcoin price rises. But the pay rate will stay the same or higher in US dollar terms. The bitcoin rate will drop accordingly.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
First of all, its not going to reach that value and the second thing is yes they will. Because they already will have bitcoin reserves whose value will likely go up.

Oh, but it will definitely reach 8000+ values, it's just a matter of time. But don't sweat about it too much, the only thing they will do is to lower the btc pay-per-post rate.
The exchanges and other services that run signature campaigns may have reserves, but they're not dumb to pay insane prices for advertisement.
There's an another thing that will happen if we continure climbing tho - the amount of services that are advertising will increase, in search for that new potential customers that come along with increased trending.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
First of all, its not going to reach that value and the second thing is yes they will. Because they already will have bitcoin reserves whose value will likely go up.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Do you think signature Campaigns will still continue when btc goes  $800 ? Will the Campaigns runner will offer low price than now ?

I don't think the fiat conversion matters. All the companies that have signature campaigns deal ONLY in bitcoin. They require bitcoin be used to pay for their services and they pay signature campaign participants in bitcoin. The fiat price doesn't matter!
funny you say that, because the company youre advertising for, bit-x, is an exchange that, wait for it, not only deals with bitcoin, but fiat too. you know, because theyre an exchange. holy shit. ground breaking discovery. call the fucking news.
do feel free to take more than 3 seconds to think up of a reply before spamming next time. bitcoin doesnt rule the world right now, and weather you or these businesses like it or not, fiat currency will play a factor and impact their decision making.

now lets take a good look at that sig for the people that are incapable of reading:
holy
fucking
shit
it has dollars, euros, and british pounds. theyre *gasp* not bitcoin. who wouldve guessed.

The biggest thing that will ruin signature campaigns is if users exploit the privilege and post bullshit, non-constructive posts. Let's keep the posts of a high quality - loose lips sink sigs!
bullshit
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
SO we have our answer - all the major campaigns have dropped their rates!

What a burn to all of us who spread the word about their business. The bitcoin economy has some positive days and they penalize us for it! Only in the bitcoin economy can employers CUT salaries when the value of the currency increases!?!?

Bitcoin won't be true to its adoption until the merchants and employers stop thinking about how much they're making in fiat and JUST think about their business in Bitcoin.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Do you think signature Campaigns will still continue when btc goes  $800 ? Will the Campaigns runner will offer low price than now ?

I guess they will continue since it is part of their advertising and to let people know of their existence but rates per post might be a little lower than today.

Exactly they will continue because it is a part of their advertising . They are losing money due to increase of bitcoin price in terms of dollars , thats the first part that you are watching. From other hand they are also earning by their bitcoin services .
legendary
Activity: 1148
Right now Bitcoin is still a new thing, the enthusiasm is genuine and childlike in nature, the energy that propagates through the Bitcoin crowd is predominantly positive. The time will eventually come when Bitcoiners become jaded and when this happens, greed will unavoidably seep into the mix.
Loose lips sink sigs!
Do you think signature Campaigns will still continue when btc goes  $800 ? Will the Campaigns runner will offer low price than now ?

They were running at the same rates when Bitcoin was 1K
So at $800 yep they will still be going.

ha, yeah...that's a GREAT point. If they haven't changed since they came down from $1,000, they aren't going to change on the way back up (if we ever get there).

The biggest thing that will ruin signature campaigns is if users exploit the privilege and post bullshit, non-constructive posts. Let's keep the posts of a high quality - loose lips sink sigs!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Do you think signature Campaigns will still continue when btc goes  $800 ? Will the Campaigns runner will offer low price than now ?

They were running at the same rates when Bitcoin was 1K
So at $800 yep they will still be going.
legendary
Activity: 1162
There have been campaigns when BTC was at 800, why not if reaches 800 again?

Just don't ask about the rates in BTC
Loose lips sink sigs!

I don't think the fiat conversion matters. All the companies that have signature campaigns deal ONLY in bitcoin. They require bitcoin be used to pay for their services and they pay signature campaign participants in bitcoin. The fiat price doesn't matter!
Activity: 168
Signature campaigns are still effective when talking about advertising. Even if it goes above $1000, it would continue but the rates would be lowered and perhaps posts could be limited too. They wouldn't be gone anytime soon.

I see quite a lot forums which follow BTT signature campaign idea. But still here is the most trusted and uptodate place.
So i think in future signature campaign will keep continue. At least if not here, there will be another forum appear.
Activity: 168

I think it will continue, but if btc price can reach up to $800 maybe some signature campaign will lowering their per post payment.
Actually when btc price on $1,200 on Nov 2013. Signature Campaign already run on bitcointalk.org
Activity: 266
Grow SMALL amount of BTC by earning it
Signature campaigns are still effective when talking about advertising. Even if it goes above $1000, it would continue but the rates would be lowered and perhaps posts could be limited too. They wouldn't be gone anytime soon.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
i guess they still need the advertisement they need but like what the others say, they will either change to fiat payment or lower the btc payment accordingly cause they r on a tight budget. do take note that all these signature campagin is not a big company to begin with.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
They will be still here but with some sort of rate adjustments in which if the rates as result are not somehow fixed then I'm afraid it might even lead to some members spamming just so they can keep up with the rates before but if everything is fixed from start (ex. $0.20 per post in BTC) then no matter the change of bitcoin value, everything would stay the same and less chances of others spamming the forums at least....
Activity: 267
6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support
I think they will, if BTC gets too high, they might lower the payout instead.
Activity: 398
If it will continue, then campaigns will go to higher price then now !  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
I think if signature like as Dice (Magicaldice, 777coin, etc) still get a many customer, that is still can giving offer earning that's same like without change of first price.

sadly to say but it is not working that way. and the others r getting hit as well even thought it is still dice website.
Activity: 140
Its possible with more people interested in bitcoin, could create new companies on bitcoin ecosystem that need publicity and start new signature campaigns. But i expect lower rates.

This. I expect as bitcoin get's more popular the companies with a good history and reputation will no longer need to pay for signatures on forums as they'll get more free advertising just from word of mouth. I expect how well bitcoin signature campaigns pay will largely depend more on the popularity of bitcoin then the price. As bitcoin becomes more popular I think they'll shift to other means of advertising and as raimonn pointed out new companies will come on the scene looking for ways to expand their business. With all that said I think gambling sites will always have some sort of signature campaign presence on the site from the number of users I've seen claiming they gamble btc on a daily/weekly basis.

Pages:
Jump to: