Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think spanking is wrong? - page 2. (Read 196 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 0
July 29, 2018, 08:47:37 PM
Spanking a child should be done in a mild way. And you as a parent should bear in mind that these young ones do not always know when they are doing wrong.
Activity: 359
Merit: 100
Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC
July 29, 2018, 07:58:49 PM
Sometimes, it's more effective to hit your child when he/she is too much. Children are angels of God, but then we have to set a limit if they are doing too many mistakes because we don't want them to be on the wrong path.
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
July 29, 2018, 07:23:34 PM
Spanking s definitely not wrong. It should be done with love. Spanking in love towards correction is good
Activity: 77
July 29, 2018, 03:58:57 PM
This little topic came into discussion a little while ago, while being bored at work.

In some places now, spanking or hitting your child is outright banned and you can be arrest for such a thing(I think..don't hold me to this), while in generations past, it was a reasonable way for disciplining your kid. For some reason the view on this has changed, which leads to many little blurps on shows like Dr. Phil, with parents not know what to do with their children, or feeling they will emotionally scar them if they do so. So what I want to know is, what is your view on this whole affair?

While I'm only 21 years and not a parent yet, I think if I do have kids, there will be some spanking/physical discipline if things get out of hand. Some of the kids I see today are so..loose, bratty, and walk all over their parents, while just a little bit of discipline and punishment would go a long way over time to stop some aggressive behavior. This may not be entirely true for all circumstances, but I still think it could be helpful in the long run, this is just my point of view though.
If the child is naughty it is not too much to be hit. Because not all children have a strong mentality. if his mentality is not strong he will go crazy because he is often beaten.
Activity: 84
July 29, 2018, 11:11:19 AM
Spanking is okay as long as it does not torture their psychology and not very often.
Activity: 29
July 29, 2018, 10:45:14 AM
Nearly 70% of parents ever punish their own children with corporal punishment. In fact, child psychologists strongly discourage giving such punishment, given that corporal punishment will have a harmful effect on adult children.

Not all ways of punishing children apply at any age. Different ages, different ways of punishing, different effectiveness and impact.

Every time you want to punish a child, try to follow an outline like this: First, first identify the problem he created, then you can explain the impact of his actions.

Once you can take over the mood and attitude of the child, suggest better behavior and deeds. In addition, you can describe the punishment to be accepted, and say you expect better behavior the next time.
Activity: 20
July 29, 2018, 10:27:34 AM
In my own opinion, spanking isn't wrong but it shouldn't be used as a correction habit!
Activity: 95
Merit: 4
July 29, 2018, 08:44:11 AM
I prefer to do non physical punishment.  My parents were the old school type that thought physically punishing your child was ok.  We are moving away from this mindset because it can be traumatic  at a young age.
Activity: 26
July 29, 2018, 08:16:46 AM
I don't think spanking is especially wrong, per se, I just think it's likely to send the wrong message. When you spank a kid, you're not putting into their mind that what they did is wrong, you're putting into their mind that what they did results in pain.
Maybe some people might view them as one and the same, but they really aren't, and I believe making that distinction makes all the difference. Firm boundaries, rules and, in the event of misbehavior, discussion and punishment within reason. Talk to your kid, make them understand, and then, take away the TV or the video games for a few days. That's what I believe in. That's how I was raised and I turned out okay, after all.
Activity: 23
July 29, 2018, 08:07:09 AM
This little topic came into discussion a little while ago, while being bored at work.

In some places now, spanking or hitting your child is outright banned and you can be arrest for such a thing(I think..don't hold me to this), while in generations past, it was a reasonable way for disciplining your kid. For some reason the view on this has changed, which leads to many little blurps on shows like Dr. Phil, with parents not know what to do with their children, or feeling they will emotionally scar them if they do so. So what I want to know is, what is your view on this whole affair?

While I'm only 21 years and not a parent yet, I think if I do have kids, there will be some spanking/physical discipline if things get out of hand. Some of the kids I see today are so..loose, bratty, and walk all over their parents, while just a little bit of discipline and punishment would go a long way over time to stop some aggressive behavior. This may not be entirely true for all circumstances, but I still think it could be helpful in the long run, this is just my point of view though.
Pages:
Jump to: